K guys I need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K guys I need help

Hi guys. Well basically I really can't play CS Source. I get alot of choke and I am not sure why. I have turned up the internet speed in the settings of steam but while its better its not great Are there any CS Source rates that I could use? I know sniper posted some but that didn't help my problem either. All I wanna do is be able to play CS Source.
    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Re: K guys I need help

Whats your system Specs? Who's you ISP? By reading this i guess you dont get this in other games, like NS...
    Oyee

Comment

You might need better hardware but as Black Viper stated you well need to show us what you have.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
      - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

it's not his hardware. If you're getting an annoying amount of choke, My guess is you have your rates set too high. (yes, Too High) Particularily the one that is tied into your fps (forget which one). Try lowering it to 60 if you set it to 100 and see if it helps any.
        try lowering them a little and see if it improves.
        Alternatively, try running a tracert to TG's server, and see if there's a hop in there with an abnormally high ping (380-400ms) it could be that router that's causing the problems, in which case there's nothing you can do about it except wait for it to be fixed.
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
          it's not his hardware. If you're getting an annoying amount of choke, My guess is you have your rates set too high. (yes, Too High) Particularily the one that is tied into your fps (forget which one). Try lowering it to 60 if you set it to 100 and see if it helps any.
          try lowering them a little and see if it improves.
          Alternatively, try running a tracert to TG's server, and see if there's a hop in there with an abnormally high ping (380-400ms) it could be that router that's causing the problems, in which case there's nothing you can do about it except wait for it to be fixed.
          It depends on what kind of choke he is getting. Usually, yes you are right and it's the rates. It is possible he could be getting video lag if his video card can't handle the game which happened to me in a previous online first-person shooter.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

Comment

Athlon 64 3500+ Clawhammer core overclocked to 2.4Ghz, 2GB of PC3200 RAM, Audigy 2 ZS, and an ATI X800XL. It might be that I am using a USB wireless adapter but even before I got my router I had lag problems in CSS. Spyder how would i send a tracert? I also think it could be my rates being set too high. I get like 45+ choke.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

RGM, go into console in game and type the following with no values at the end and tell us what they are set to:

rate
              cl_cmdrate
              cl_updaterate

Gogeta
              Dizlor

Comment

Well.... at least we know it's not your hardware :D

Do what Gogeta says and you might need to seek help in the Steam Forums (it might work).

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta
                  rate
                  cl_cmdrate
                  cl_updaterate
                  FWIW, these are from the server config:

sv_maxupdaterate 60
                  sv_maxrate 10000
                  sv_minrate 2000

Any value you assign for cl_updaterate above 60 will have no effect
                  Any value set for rate above 10000 will have no effect
                  Any value set for rate below 2000 will have no effect

I can't find any settings for cl_cmdrate

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse