Hltv

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hltv

I have enabled HLTV on both servers tonight. Early reports suggest that it's up and running.

Server 1 : 67.19.132.154:27020
    Server 2 : 67.19.132.155:27020

My lab rat (hastapee) tells me that he can't select which player to spectate.

Can someone go google sourceTV and figure out why this is please? My time is severely limited at the moment, and there are a number of CS issues that I'm dealing with. Support from the TGCS commuity is always a good thing ;)

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Hltv

Originally posted by [url=http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/general/source_tv.html]"Source TV" (Valve SDK Documentation)[/url]
    When spectating a game that is broadcast via SourceTV, the camera position and camera mode is chosen either by the auto-director or a camera man. Spectators can't switch spectator modes or players to follow as they could do HLTV, this feature was removed to reduce network bandwidth significantly. SourceTV demos still allow to switch modes and free roaming while playback.
    The document goes on to talk about how one becomes designated as a cameraman. This might be interesting for tournament games later on if SourceTV makes the cut on our servers:
    a player, who joined the spectator team on the game server can become a camera man by pressing the USE key (usually 'E'). This will turn on his view as camera view for all [Source TV] spectators. ... The camera can be turned off by pressing USE again and the auto-director will take over again. Camera men should have a good knowledge of the general gameplay and practice camera movement before broadcasting live. Dead players in spectator mode can't become a camera men.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Will this be enabled in the next tournament? That would be really awesome, because during the last one you had to wait before someone posted the summary in the forums.
      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Originally posted by SkidMark
        Will this be enabled in the next tournament? That would be really awesome, because during the last one you had to wait before someone posted the summary in the forums.
        I plan to offer it during the tourny, providing that sourceTV doesn't have a negative impact on the players.

When there are 14 players on the server, it would be helpful if we could get as many sourceTV users as possible, so that we can push the server and see how it handles the load. This will help us to decide whether or not to make it available during competitions.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Reading the document Wyz refers to, if the server can handle the demand of specators, and working on us keeping 6 man teams, slot 13 is for an admin to referee the match, and slot 14 is for a player to take on the role of director.

I also plan to record the matches, and during playback, you can select which player you watch.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

The only thing I can see as a negative effect with the whole thing, is that some players will be able to watch the other teams, and see what they do.

Synonym: Spying :icon_eek:
            |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Originally posted by SkidMark
              The only thing I can see as a negative effect with the whole thing, is that some players will be able to watch the other teams, and see what they do.

Synonym: Spying :icon_eek:

this is the reason for the 3 to 5minute or so delay usually used when watchin pro. matches on HLTV.. Im pretty sure you can set the delay to whatever value you want.
              Dizlor

Comment

Wait, so during the match we would only see what the camerman saw, but afterwards we would be able to see everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                  Wait, so during the match we would only see what the camerman saw, but afterwards we would be able to see everything?
                  Correct. When you download and watch the replay its the same as if you were speccing normally in-game.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I'll try using this some time soon...

Oh, on an unrelated note: Root, why haven't I seen you around the servers in the past.. say, week or so? No time, I presume?

Comment

Awesome feature!

Does a normal spectator take up a player spot on the server? Because I was a spectator for probably 2 hours last night as I wrote an essay. If spectating takes up a server spot then SourceTV would be an awesome alternative for situations like mine. I wanted to participate in the action, but couldn't devote enough attention to play.

Don't roll your eyes :) I'm not a gamer, I just play CS...

Comment

Yes a spec takes up a slot on the server. SourceTV takes up a slot also, however I've increased the number of slots on the server by one, so that we still have 7v7, and the single slot that SourceTV takes up can accommodate up to 50 spectators with the current settings. It is possible to cascade a bunch of SourceTV servers to enable thousands of spectators, but somehow I don't think we'll be needing that kind of setup :)

One of my current projects is to update the SOP forum. Please keep the questions on SourceTV coming, and I'll answer them here, and then compile a single SOP post for easy reference.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

SourceTV, to which you connect, takes one player slot on the server.

Your connecting to SourceTV takes up on slot (there are MANY) on SourceTV.

Your connecting to SourceTV does not take any slots on the server. Only the one slot (consumed by SourceTV's connection to the server) on the server is taken, regardless of the number of SourceTV spectators.
                          Last edited by Wyzcrak; 07-29-2005, 06:51 PM. Reason: root wins.
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Awesome, I'm excited about TG's next tourny.

Although I wish there was another way to connect to SourceTV other than console.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
                              i dont think it does there was 16 players in the server out of 14 today..... with 2 specs.
                              There are currently 17 slots on each server.

14 slots for players
                              2 slots for SM's to connect and be checked against the reserved slot list, which *should then either be kicked (if not an SM) or cause another player to be kicked (if they are an SM)
                              1 slot SourceTV

Originally posted by Sabooya
                              But i still dont get what the point of it is?
                              Google is your friend.

Root
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse