Perfect example of what TG play should ALWAYS be

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect example of what TG play should ALWAYS be

Last night, I got a call from skidmark. He said, "Hey, get on server 2". At the moment, I was making a microwaveable burrito, so I said, "Yeah, give me a minute, I'm enjoying a fine burrito". So I waltz down the stairs into the cold confines of my basement, open up steam, go to servers, and join TacticalGamer server #2(protected). Skid and I played for about 30 minutes on de_aaa, just having a little fun. The score was pretty close. But, after a little while, Whitetiger, RDHawk, and Branden jumped on. The communication was constant, no one was out running around without the rest of the team knowing where they were at. After a while, we went to prodigy, at which point Skid left. It was RDHawk and I as ct's vs Whitetiger and Branden. That was extremely close. The games are always better when the score is close, because neither team is getting mauled every round over and over. It was by far, the best match I have ever played, of not only PCS, but CS in general. With the recent discussion of how root could improve usage of server 2, I decided to write this post.

I don't think that root can do anything to get people to use server 2 more. Sure some people gave some great suggestions on that thread as to what root could do to make the whole of the CS community at TG better, but it takes more than the game officer saying something to improve it. It takes the whole community WANTING to improve it to do so.

My suggestion is that people simply play on server 2. If no one is on there, join anyways, and someone *will* most likely join. If more people would just play on server 2, then more people would join. Plus, no one will ever have to complain about the retarded pubbies that we are all so used to dealing with on server 1. All in all, server 2 provides a more pure experience of what PCS should be all of the time, regardless of what server it is played on. It would be awesome if server 1 could be as good, but the quality of play (as MANY have said) is lacking there.

I hope that this post gets more people to play on server 2 regardless of whether people are on or not. What happened yesterday was a server 'spark' I suppose. I hope we can have more games like that more often.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
    steve: OMG
    steve: TOO
    root: ****ing hell
    root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Re: Perfect example of what TG play should ALWAYS be

Dammit, man, I can't give you more + rep!

I've been advocating this for quite some time: server 2 is there for the community, so its a little puzzling that people are willing to put up with the antics on server 1, while a clean/cleaner environment exists.

Even the smallest 2v2 game on server 2 is a game worth playing.

Comment

It's good to see more of this, With players becoming more available to gaming now that summer starts to close, I for one am looking forward to good PCS games!

- -

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
        Dammit, man, I can't give you more + rep!
        Not to worry - I've taken care of his rep for now. Thanks for your constant support for the TG CSS community Steve.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Always a pleasure, I've become pretty attached to TG in the short span of time I've been here.

Comment

Aaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Noooooooo I Knew I Shoulnt Have Left Uuuuggggghhhhh.
            |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Yeah, you shouldn't have!

Comment

Once again, another great game tonight. Seems like just having people play on server 2 brings more players to it :).

Comment

Yeah, we have basically organized the server 2 group, haven't we?

Comment

Yeah, I think so. Last night we only had up to 3 vs 3, which is what made tonights game a little more interesting. I think we had it up to 6 vs 6. Good times all around though. Can't wait until tomarrow. Skid, you should be waiting for my phonecall.

Comment

Sounds great!... and now that Ive figured out the pw i can join in too :D
                      Dizlor

Comment

It was for sure a lot of fun last night. Really good to finally see an abundance of players in the server (I think we had 12 or more at one point).

I really hope we can keep the momentum up in server two. If no one is in the server, just join anyway. People will eventually come (whether it be within one minute or 30 minutes). Playing in server one late last night after server two was a joke. We had people running off without planning accordingly, no communication (I had to repeat myself multiple times), etc. It was just a stunning contrast as to what we played in server two.

Again, I have no problem joining server two when no one is in there. I'll gladly wait as long as I have to. If it means running around a map for 30 or 40 minutes by myself just so I can play PCS (*gasp*), then so be it.

Now I'll still play in server one, obviously. This is just to say I'd much rather play with other PCS players in server two.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I'd like to see a sort of map tour in server two sometime. I'm talking a few rounds of just exploring new maps (such as de_aaa because of its size) to get the hang of them. I know root's added a ton of new maps and I'd like to arrange a time where we can take a closer look at some of them in server two.

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

Twas great fun last night. Steve and I had to only play one map before 9v joined. Then someone else joined (sorry cant remember). Then .brok3n joined.It was a really good game on office last night, probably the best 3v3 or 4v4 map ever made.
                          |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

I completely agree. The amount of communication required for a 3 vs 3 always makes it fun. Especially on defense, I mean, you have to know everything that is going on. It would be even better if it was like that all the time regardless of how many players there are :).

Comment

I posted this in a different topic, and will post it here as it pertains to both:

All that is required to spark server 2 is one SM and a second member. The SM can put on whatever map, go to server 1 and request more members.. etc. Alot easier for them to be heard.

After that it is downhill.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X