Too much bs chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much bs chat

Lately it seems I get into a game and people are just chatting about chit - I really don't care about your weekend plans, or your score or that you just owned - just want to communicate and play some good TG style CS:S.

Does this piss anyone else off? or am I just being a little bitch?

Re: Too much bs chat

Originally posted by doorway 27
    Lately it seems I get into a game and people are just chatting about chit - I really don't care about your weekend plans, or your score or that you just owned - just want to communicate and play some good TG style CS:S.

Does this piss anyone else off? or am I just being a little bitch?
    No, you are not alone. I put this before the admins last week, and the SOPs are going to be updated soon.

Voice comms are for communicating something about the objective, not for singing, telling us about your sexual prowess, or anything else. Most regulars to our server understand that comms are to be used sparringly.

Those who don't, and won't stop after being warned, will earn themselves a ban.

Contact an admin once someone starts spamming, and we will take care of it.

Comment

Anyone who searches this forum will find we've had this conversation not all that long ago.

From the second you spawn to the second you die, ALL comms methods are for the relaying of tactical info relating to your team and its objective.

Whilst you are dead, use the comms as you wish BUT you WILL secure idle chatter if dead team mates are trying to plan or discuss opfor tactics.

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Worst part was it was people who I know should know better.

Thanks for the replies - since I started playing on TG I can't stand playing anywhere else

Comment

since I started playing on TG I can't stand playing anywhere else
          Same here, but every now and then I just need to blow off some much needed server 1 heat.... :row__689:
          |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Worst part was it was people who I know should know better.
            Then please make use of the procedure outlined in the SOP forum for complaining about the conduct of other players. It's not telling tales. It's making sure that your gameplay isn't ruined by those who aren't on the server for what we offer.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

What Mateo and Root said.

Plus start using the protected server as well.

- -

Comment

Ok was just on Server 2 and was playing on cs_italy.I was a T along with about 4 other people. We were talking about where we were going. And then someone all the sudden starts talking about the Foo Fighters, and started singing the lyrics after the 15 sec game restart. Then somebody decided the they were going to stay in the house and "eat mashed potatoes and chicken"
                Im not going to name any names or am not trying to be a tattle tale, but I am tired of all the crap and what people are talking about on Server 2. By playing on server 2 you are saying that you fully understand the FAQ's and SOPS, which clearly states that the mic chould not be used for anything other than team communication, which was hardly going on I dare say. But people just need to stop talking about ****** and just play the game, especially server 2.

Edit: whew that deels better that I got that out of my system, I was just really P.O.

Comment

That team was basically going to hell, and I won't deny it. I was completing the objective by camping, too. Didn't do it too well, but I WAS actually able to eat and guard efficiantly.

My general jackassery shouldn't exist, ever and I know that. I've basically been making a failing attempt at stopping it entirly and its basically come out as a reflux. I dont think I'll be playing alot for the next couple days to try and.. what's a good term here? Practice stopping being an ass. Sorry for ruining the game, won't happen again.

EDIT: And for reference, I'm not going to 'blame' it on anything either. It wasn't the fault of too much server 1 play, too much pubbing, no 'I'm sorry's, those don't help the game. Facts like my attempt to... loose my title (Which exists for good reason), those are what I feel I should mention.

As a whole this post is almost asking for a second chance.

Comment

I wouldn't take that hard. When it's time to eat just log off sheesh. common sense :P besides your mouse gets all dirty..

You just gotta save the talking time for dead and RL :P

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                      I wouldn't take that hard. When it's time to eat just log off sheesh. common sense :P besides your mouse gets all dirty..

You just gotta save the talking time for dead and RL :P
                      No, Skid made it sound like multiple people were all causing it, all doing different things. That was me doing all of those... how many? Four, I think. All of em.
                      Last edited by AzzMan; 08-07-2005, 09:43 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Comment

NP Azz, just try and keep your metaoblism an the d/l from now on ;)

Comment

I'm in the same boat... I just wish more people used the other server. Half the time it's empty.

Comment

Sorry... When I don't take my medication, I sometimes talk a bit goofy (my what an understatement). I did stop when 9v told me too (he is so nice not to ban me :D). I promise to take my meds :row__528:.

Now that I have admitted I am a junkie lets move on. I apologize for whenever I jammed up the coms at all and promise to do better. Usually though, I talk during the freeze time and stop when ever someone starts making a plan or the round starts (I know I shouldn't talk about BS even then, so I promise to lay off this).

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                            - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
                              Sorry... When I don't take my medication, I sometimes talk a bit goofy.

I apologize for whenever I jammed up the coms at all and promise to do better. Usually though, I talk during the freeze time and stop when ever someone starts making a plan or the round starts (I know I shouldn't talk, so I promise to lay off this).
                              We all aspire to be insane, Seph. It just comes naturally for some of us :P

Edit: For reference, that was not me insulting you. That was me making a little motion towards myself and yourself being rather.. talkative.
                              Last edited by AzzMan; 08-09-2005, 09:29 AM. Reason: Rude?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X