Cool idea for the CSS server :D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool idea for the CSS server :D

hey i was in a nother tactical server in the past week. it is called the TAT server. here you downloaded various player models from the server through mani mod admin, and when in game, you where able to select your style of camoflauge for the map. i am a skinner for css, and would like to ask that we implement the "character selector" into our server. just a suggestion tell me what ya think :P
    [email protected]
    MSN [email protected]
    aim=marinesusmcs

Re: Cool idea for the CSS server :D

I think it could be a good idea.

Comment

It sounds like it could be a great idea, just dont know if it work out though. BTW, wahts the ip of that other server?
      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Originally posted by SkidMark
        It sounds like it could be a great idea, just dont know if it work out though. BTW, wahts the ip of that other server?
        <jedi hand gesture> You don't want to visit another server</jedi>

Yeleyna would this basically give us a menu when joining a team, similar to the one 1.6 used to offer (eg SEAL, SAS, GSG9, etc)? How big a download would this be? How easy would it be to add?

I'll discuss with the other admins.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I kind of like the idea if it was implemented properly.

Hope Root and the others support it enough to get it on the server.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
          - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

And would model consistency still be supported? Would these "approved" skins and models be the only ones allowed?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I believe this is an administration utility for the model skins. So you would be restricted to only certain model skins selectable in the mani mod. I'll do some googling.

- -

Comment

Here is what i found with the newest update to mani admin utility

http://www.mani-admin-plugin.com/for...ic.php?t=10726

apparently there are a few useful things in there we can take advantage of.

- -

Comment

The SAS may front the worst POS gun in the world, but I'll still be playing as one.

Comment

well...the models are based off what camo skins you put in...so i could make all kinds...urban...jungle...snow...desert...one for every map if needed...then the dl only took me like 4 minutes to get...and in game yes there is a menu to select your character and you can change it any time while in game by just typing "settings" in chat, and it brings up the menu again...the skins also apply to the Terrorist models too
                    [email protected]
                    MSN [email protected]
                    aim=marinesusmcs

Comment

Yeah, I was in a pubby server this past Sunday at 4:30 in the morning and they had a console query appear so that you could select which model that you wish to use. It's pretty much the same deal as the map vote box that comes up.

To me it seems easier to do that than to make a whole 'nother window like in 1.6. I have no editing or admin experience so I really haven't a clue about which one would be easier. As for the DL time, I dount it would be that long and I certainly would enjoy a choice of skins (GSG9 is my fave)

Just puttin' in my two cents worth

-|TG|StAsIs
                      sigpic
                      Connor: We haven't really got a system of deciding who, Roc. It's, uh...
                      Rocco: Me! *Me*! I'm the guy! I know everyone! Their habits, who they hang
                      out with, who they talk to! I've got phone numbers, addresses! I know who
                      they're screwing! I know where they live! We could kill *everyone.*
                      Murphy: So what do you think?
                      Connor: I'm strangely comfortable with it.
                      *The Boondock Saints*

Comment

I've played with something like that, the Zombie servers usually have a few models to choose from.

Comment

I play on zombie servers.. but I don't see why they would have that. None I've been on do.

Off topic, there's a riff in Sodom - AMong The Weirdcong 3:01 in that is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                            The SAS may front the worst POS gun in the world, but I'll still be playing as one.
                            You're dissing the MP5-SD? Whatever - at least our marines are all special forces. Yours are a naval owned infantry unit for the most part. :icon_razz:

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I didn't word that properly, I was basically referring to the SA80 but that's only enforced with the British.. something.

Hell, I forget. But goddamn if that thing doesn't jam.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X