Server 2 Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2 Games

I was thinking, since its so hard to start a game on server 2, that we make a post in this thread of when we to get on. Just say what time that you are going to get on and maybe more people will look at the new posts and say "Well SkidMark is starting a game, maybe I will go and join him." Maybe make this thread sticky or something and then whenever you are going to start a game just post it. People like myself who check forums 2-3 times a day will see the post and hopefully join. This may or may not work but its just a thought. It just stinks that its so hard to get a game going when TG has so many CS:S players.
    |CS:S Development Team|

Re: Server 2 Games

It's a good thought skid but TBH i think most play Server 1 because they want to play more deathmatch style of play.

I jump on server 2 alot but i also have to admin server 1, so i can't leave it to be shredded.
    Last edited by Vulcan; 08-03-2005, 03:33 PM.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
      It's a good thought skid but TBH i think most play Server 2 because they want to play more deathmatch style of play.

I jump on server 2 alot but i also have to admin server 1, so i can't leave it to be shredded.
      If that is the case, then that is a gross misuse of server 2. Deathmatching has no home here.

Server 2 is a pure PCS environment, not a pure Deathmatch environment. Adherence to the SOPs both in spirit, and letter, is assumed on entering that server.

Comment

I hope that was a typo by Vulcan. If not, any player using server 2 for DM should be banned from the server.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
          I hope that was a typo by Vulcan. If not, any player using server 2 for DM should be banned from the server.
          Isn't that "banned from BOTH servers"? :madsmile:

Comment

lol fixed my typo, yeah i meant server 1. Sadly it's barely above deathmatching most of the time. But it is still a learning ground for PCS.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
              lol fixed my typo, yeah i meant server 1. Sadly it's barely above deathmatching most of the time. But it is still a learning ground for PCS.
              Oh, man! Does that mean I have to put away the ban hammer?

Comment

sheath thee great hammer of doom!

- -

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean but it was just a thought though.

Comment

The only problem with that idea, skid, is that there would be far too many people who would post "It's 8 PM EST here and server 1 is full :(... So I'm starting a game on server 2, you should all join!". Then, their next action would be to go sit on server 2 for 15 minutes (max) then abruptly decide that it is a lost cause, and leave. It would only work if you had to have special priviledges to post that you were starting a game. Priviledges that show to the rest of the community that you are actually seriously going to start a game, meaning, not following the steps I posted before.

Oh, maybe scheduling games maybe a day or 2 ahead of time would be nice for a sticky thread. Just an idea. This almost seems like it should be posted in roots to-do list as a suggestion.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                    steve: OMG
                    steve: TOO
                    root: ****ing hell
                    root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                      Oh, man! Does that mean I have to put away the ban hammer?
                      Not unless you can't justify using it. Put another way, keep banning.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

TG people should go to the protected server more often. Lately, I have tried to gather some people with me and head there for a while. Sometimes it works amazingly well (full server in the wee hours of the morning), and sometimes absolutely nobody joins.

The public server is just that - public. It's half full of hooligans, a quarter TG-players, and a quarter of people trying to keep other people under control. In the Protected server, there is the "guarentee" (or should be), that there will be no monkey business.

When I boot up CS:S, the first thing I check is the protected server. Sadly, it's most often empty.
                        (Okay, that's a lie. I check for cs_harvest servers first =P)

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                          I check for cs_harvest servers first =P
                          Ewwww.....

Of course you are a fairly good sniper, so you probably would like that map.

Comment

It's a fine map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed