Which side gets the extra player?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which side gets the extra player?

I'm starting to hear from TG players that offense on certain maps (havana, and jungle so far) get the extra player. Can't seem to find a post on here to validate that. Any official word?

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Re: Which side gets the extra player?

We are working on it. There will be a SOP post about this at some point. For right now, assume that whoever is telling you that is correct. It's an experiment.

Comment

The disadvantaged team should have the extra man. Be a good sport and try to have fun instead of trying to gain every stinking little advantage you can find to win. This is TacticalGamer, not CAL.

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
        The disadvantaged team should have the extra man. Be a good sport and try to have fun instead of trying to gain every stinking little advantage you can find to win. This is TacticalGamer, not CAL.
        I've see stacked CT teams, raping the T's, complain about not having the extra man. Sure, give up one of your talented guys, for two T's, if you want the extra man, otherwise, play on.

Comment

I was told by an admin a few weeks ago that CT's get the extra man always.

Course, I normally dont enforce extra player anyways. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
            I was told by an admin a few weeks ago that CT's get the extra man always.

Course, I normally dont enforce extra player anyways. :P
            That has been the guideline here for years, but it was never inflexible...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm just going to join the team with the people I like more.

Goddamnit how do you do that wink emoticon?

Comment

I've taken to calling out particular players to switch, rather than just adding an extra man to CT. A warm body isn't enough to level teams.

Comment

Yeah, the loosing team needs me 8-)

Comment

In my opinion, everyone who joins the server should use the Auto-Select to join the team in the most need of the new player.... seems like the only fair way.
                    Dizlor

Comment

Traditionally, defense has received the extra person. The CS 1.6 servers used to have a doodad that autobalanced based on skill, though, and it was quite decent at its job.

"Whatever makes the game better" should be the official response (but as I'm not a CS admin, you'll have to just accept my word as unofficial :) )
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

I almost always hit auto-select,or i go to the team with the least amount of players,I like to keep things fair and fun.
                        In the case of this topic,the extra player should go to the defense team,or in extreme cases when there is a team getting owned (0 to 8 etc...) I'll join the lossing team. IMOA
                        Walk softly,and carry a big stick.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                          We are working on it. There will be a SOP post about this at some point. For right now, assume that whoever is telling you that is correct. It's an experiment.
                          I just wanted to let everyone know that you should use good sportsmanship until something is definate. That doesn't mean one side or the other always get's the extra man. Just measure the teams and how they are doing. If your the last man in, just use auto-assign. When in doubt use auto-assign too. :P

[on a sidenote]
                          I will however switch people from "stacked" teams or try to group some potential players up with myself and other pcs players. If your in this situation try to get some teamwork flowing and if people don't communicate let an admin know or take the correct actions.

- -

Comment

I'll just start going to the team that needs me, and if they are even then I will go to the defense (if applicable). This is the fairest coarse I believe.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                            - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                              ...try to group some potential players up with myself and other pcs players...
                              That's what I always do when I'm trying to stack! haha...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X