Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question about CS:S and the serial #'s for registration.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about CS:S and the serial #'s for registration.

Ok, so I got CS:S put it on my computer.

Bought a new computer, installed it on this one and went to play but I guess I had to register before I play. So I enter the numbers and letters on the back of one of the envelopes and it says:

"The CD Key you have entered has already been registered to an existing Steam account, and there for is invalid. Your subscription to Half-Life 2 Retail Standard has not been completed."

Now after just reading this right now, maybe I made a different account on this computer and need to get on my old computer to find out if I have a different account that the one on my new computer.

But anyway, if they are the same account and it's just registered to my other computer's IP or something like that, how can I fix this? Should I email Steam Support and try to tell them about all this but I figured I'll try my friends at TG and then unleash my hell on you all in CS:S rather than BF2 for a change. :icon26:
    I'm not the Killer Man...
    I'm the Killer Man's son...
    But I'll do the killing...
    Until the Killer Man comes...

Re: A question about CS:S and the serial #'s for registration.

IP doesn't matter. Once you register a serial to a steam login it stays. Just re log on to your steam from the other computer in steam with the same ID. Maybe have your info mailed to you just in case.

- -

Comment

Ok thanks....I just checked my older computer and I do have a different account....another one of my "[email protected] moments"
      I'm not the Killer Man...
      I'm the Killer Man's son...
      But I'll do the killing...
      Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

In my area there was a group of kids who would go to the electronics stores and copy all the online game id's, use them to create an account and leave the actual purchaser of the game with a serial that was already used. It happened to me with CSS, and EQ2. I just returend the game to the store, and bought it from another store.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X