A night of Tactical Practice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A night of Tactical Practice

hey guys, i would like to set up a server 2 "competition" at some point in the near future where we can put to use all of the recent tactics threads that have been started. I want as many people as possible in on this so we can all benefit from the practice. It will be pure PCS gameplay, and I would like each team to have a captain (whoever has the most knowledge of the tactics to be practiced). Captains may switch off depending on the current tactic. Team members should listen solely to the captain and execute his orders so we can see the tactic to its fullest potential. I think this will be an excellent way to put ideas into practice, and to help better our PCS skills. Please post up some times of when you will be interested to do this. Let's make it sometime after Wed. morning, so everyone has a chance to read this and post. After Wed. morning, I'll go through and finalize a time. Thank guys! I look forward to playing

Re: A night of Tactical Practice

Originally posted by pimpcain
    hey guys, i would like to set up a server 2 "competition" at some point in the near future where we can put to use all of the recent tactics threads that have been started. I want as many people as possible in on this so we can all benefit from the practice. It will be pure PCS gameplay, and I would like each team to have a captain (whoever has the most knowledge of the tactics to be practiced). Captains may switch off depending on the current tactic. Team members should listen solely to the captain and execute his orders so we can see the tactic to its fullest potential. I think this will be an excellent way to put ideas into practice, and to help better our PCS skills. Please post up some times of when you will be interested to do this. Let's make it sometime after Wed. morning, so everyone has a chance to read this and post. After Wed. morning, I'll go through and finalize a time. Thank guys! I look forward to playing
    While we cannot stop you from getting together and practicing tactics, this is a non-sanctioned event.

The next tourney will be run by Root, and will be announced when it is ready.

Comment

He's basically talking about a captain's game for server 2. Friendly competition!

I'm good for evenings most times, i'll be out this weekend though.

- -

Comment

Whilst I am Root, and Mateo is my prophet, this is a great idea. *Proper* captains games on PCS can only add value to the TGCS community.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          Whilst I am Root, and Mateo is my prophet, this is a great idea. *Proper* captains games on PCS can only add value to the TGCS community.

Root
          Oooh, I've been promoted to prophet! :row__536:

Comment

I wonder where that leaves me.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
              I wonder where that leaves me.
              I hear there is a cabana boy position open, now that leejo is a cabana man! :row__640:

Comment

i would also like to add that if you wish to be a captain, then please state so, and what tactic you will be teaching

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                  I hear there is a cabana boy position open, now that leejo is a cabana man! :row__640:
                  Something tells me that if you're his prophet, I'm his demigod.

Comment

IMHO, the admins should be the only ones that are apointed captains, being there is a special aura about most of the and for the main reason that the are the admins, oh and Root are you back for good now? Or is your computer :madsmile: ?
                    |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Originally posted by SkidMark
                      IMHO, the admins should be the only ones that are apointed captains, being there is a special aura about most of the and for the main reason that the are the admins, oh and Root are you back for good now? Or is your computer :madsmile: ?
                      the point of the "captain" is to teach the team the tactic. dont think of this as a captain's game per say, more of like instructional training. of course, i would like admins to be present on each team to maintain order

Comment

9pm - Midnight CT is good for me

Comment

Originally posted by Sampson
                          9pm - Midnight CT is good for me
                          what day? i would like to do it this thursday or friday

Comment

what day? i would like to do it this thursday or friday
                            Everyday, but this Thursday, Friday & Saturday will be bad for me.

Maybe we should do this every night?

Comment

of course, i would like admins to be present on each team to maintain order
                              Sure, I don't see any problem with that. When you arrange a day, I'll see what sort of admin coverage we have.

If you put it on the late side Friday (10PM EDT on), I can certainly cover.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X