Pick yer firearm!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick yer firearm!

Wasn't sure if this fit better here, or under the Tactics thread. Alas. And perhaps this has been done before, but...

1) What is your favorite, or one of your favorite, weapons?

2) How/why is it useful?

3) Useful fact. (If applies. ie First two shots of AK are rather precise).

Re: Pick yer firearm!

SIG SG552 5.56mm (.223 Rem) @ 780/m

Powerful assault rifle that doesn't highly impede movement while providing fast and effective fire for long or short range.

Scope allows for decent sniping ability.

Comment

M4A1.

Silenced, good aim, good for long and short range.

The M4A1 coupled with a deagle and some nades is like, the perfect kit for me.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
      steve: OMG
      steve: TOO
      root: ****ing hell
      root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Haha look what I did with my gun specs and look what you did.

Mine makes me look like an ass.

Comment

First Choice: Deagle

Portable cannon, very accurate. Need to squeeze off two rounds, then reposition to be really effective.

Limited by magazine size. Add armor and grenades and good to go.

Second Choice: .45 SMG (forget name).

When I have the cash, I get this, and the deagle. Fully auto is useless, but for close combat, nothing better.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
            First Choice: Deagle

Portable cannon, very accurate. Need to squeeze off two rounds, then reposition to be really effective.

Limited by magazine size. Add armor and grenades and good to go.

Second Choice: .45 SMG (forget name).

When I have the cash, I get this, and the deagle. Fully auto is useless, but for close combat, nothing better.
            You mean the goddamn UMP?! ARE YOU INSANE!?

Comment

the ump is a good stationary weapon, but as soon as you start moving or fire the 3rd to 4th round it turns into a mini para...

If i'm short on money, i'll start with a deagle and flash, HE.

little bit of money, mp5 all the way with default pistol and smoke flash or HE, depending on the plan.

lots of money, m4, sig, or ak. pretty typical loadouts for me. I use the 5-7 every so often too.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                You mean the goddamn UMP?! ARE YOU INSANE!?
                Yeah, that's the one. I get lots of work done with that. Three round bursts are the key.

Comment

Unfortunately I've died way too many times trying to grab an M4.....

Deagle and FB for me on the first round...

I've been avoiding the MP5... can't aim worth a damn with it.....

Comment

Ak is the best gun for me as it has great specs and is multi-purpose.

Has a normal 30 bullet magazine, surgically accurate the first shot or two (to an extent since we are talking about CSS here), spray can be somewhat controlled, does medium damage, instant death on headshot, and is only $2500.

It can be used as a close combat weapon, medium range weapon, and as a sniper rifle. With close range it can spray lethal bullets with very perdictable spray radius. On the other two ranges aim for the head and wallah you have a headshot. Plus it is a little know fact that you can do a running headshot (best when doing strafs but is darn hard to do).
                    Last edited by SephirothValentine; 08-09-2005, 12:58 PM.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Before I even checked your post I knew it was going to say AK seph. Odd. I may have to change mine to the AUG after the luck I was having with it last night.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                      steve: OMG
                      steve: TOO
                      root: ****ing hell
                      root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
                        Before I even checked your post I knew it was going to say AK seph. Odd. I may have to change mine to the AUG after the luck I was having with it last night.
                        If I were you never change your preference because of one single time. I was using the UMP once, and I mowed down the other team. I tried to use it several times after that but kept getting my face shot up. Thus the conclusion is... base your favorite after many times of use and (the "and" here is important) success with it.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                        - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

My stock loadout:

First round buy a deagle, just becuase its so powerful.

Second round Ill buy and MP5 and some armor and with whatever money I have left over Ill buy some grenades.

Third round Ill buy a Galil and a USP. It used to be that I would buy an AK but now Im getting rather comfortable with the Galil. Its highly accurate at long distance and you hold down the trigger in close combat and use very efficiently that way.
                          |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

For variety's sake, I'll choose stuff that hasn't been mentioned.

The USP.
                            For the CTs, it's free (one reason I like the Counter-Terrorist team).
                            It and it's ammo is cheap.
                            It has a silencer if you ever need to be extra quiet.
                            Close range it's amazing - 12 shots with rapid-succession fire, allowing you to take out an enemy nice and quick.
                            Quick reloading time.
                            Doesn't impede movement.

TMP
                            Very cheap weapon, and extra ammo comes at $20/clip (30 shots).
                            30 rounds a clip, with an incredible rate of fire.
                            Good accuracy at close range.
                            Reloads with admirable speed.
                            Quick movement.

p90
                            Beautiful weapon. With 50 rounds per clip, it has the second largest ammo stock in the game (second only to that giant machine gun).
                            Amazing accuracy. Allows for demolition of opposing team easily in close quarters - strafe and spray does wonders, when at head/neck/chest level.
                            Reloads at a decent time.
                            Doesn't slow you down too much.
                            Isn't too expensive. I -think- it's like $2250. No idea though... I never remember the exact costs.

Comment

First round, deagle, armor and helmet, and HE/defusal. Or maybe a shotgun.

little-money round, I'll get a deagle if I can. If I cant, I get secondary ammo and an HE.

more-than-first-round money, I try and get some kind of shotgun, smg, or rifle, then armor, then a deagle.

money-round, I get either an AK, M4, or pump shotty, and if possible armor.

REAL money round, I get AK, M4, or pump shotty, deagle, all ammo, armor and helmet, all the nades, and if CT a defuse kit.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X