This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A general complaint to some people here

This belongs in the thread where people were talking about bad quality of play, I know, I just want it to get a bit more attention.

There is an awful lot of people on this forum, and in the game that have no business here. A lot of people who have no clue what is going on what so ever and claim to be great. The play on server 2 lately has SUCKED. A game with something like 10 people, 4 of which I had ever seen at all. Not because I am new, because the people I didn't know were new. That is not good. There are too many people coming on here and simply polluting the forums with bad posts, with bad spelling, bad grammar, bad messages, bad overall. They are nothing but a blemish on the face of Tactical Gamer. This is really starting to eat away at me. Something has got to be done about these people. I need to start using the page_admin more so that these things are reported. I know nothing can be done unless it is reported. It's just so wrong that server 2 is getting like that. People sign up forthe forums, have 2, maybe 3 posts, then start playing server 2! They haven't read SOP's the MOTD or anything that could make their presence in game worth-while. It isn't really my place to complain about this, I'm new. I don't want to seem like an ass for doing this, so don't take it like that. I'm just tired of low quality game play and people who refuse to make a positive contribution to this community.

I love TG, it is my only home for gaming, and I hate to see people making it look bad. that is the reason for this post. Too many morons in short. IMHO the hammer of ban needs to be unsheathed and ready to take out some of these people. (That is not meant to be a suggestion to the admins or anything, just my opinion, you admins do a great job, and i'm sure that you will do whatever you see fit when the time comes)

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
    steve: OMG
    steve: TOO
    root: ****ing hell
    root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Re: A general complaint to some people here

I do not see a problem with a newer player playing on Server 2 as long as they know what is required and do not attempt to push limits. Stick to the plan, communicative, and if you feel the need to stick with an admin or something, just make sure you do not push anything you should be fine.

PAST that point, the people who do not do those things should NOT Be playing on server 2.

Comment

Well, the only person who was on that day that I can honestly say is turing out is catcherguy_247. He plays well, he communicates, and he works with the team. The other people (not naming names) were not doing that. 2 of them, I haven't seen playing on here at all since those games.

Plus, this isn't only directed towards new players. Some of the people who are on here and act like regulars don't even know what they are talking about. (aka sabooya)

It's not my place to complain, I could be completely wrong about all of this. I'm just angry at some of the ignorance that I have seen lately.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
        There is an awful lot of people on this forum, and in the game that have no business here. A lot of people who have no clue what is going on what so ever and claim to be great. The play on server 2 lately has SUCKED. A game with something like 10 people, 4 of which I had ever seen at all. Not because I am new, because the people I didn't know were new. That is not good.
        No it is not. If SMs are on, then they should temp admin the problem players away if a full admin is not available. I'll keep a TS channel open when I am on server 1, which is infrequent, I know, but I have alot on my plate. I'll be around more often, and Vulcan is always around.

There are too many people coming on here and simply polluting the forums with bad posts, with bad spelling, bad grammar, bad messages, bad overall. They are nothing but a blemish on the face of Tactical Gamer. This is really starting to eat away at me. Something has got to be done about these people.
        Preach! Been saying that for a while. I call it the "Gamespying' of Tactical Gamers. It is a blight that needs to be rooted out (heh) at the source.

I need to start using the page_admin more so that these things are reported. I know nothing can be done unless it is reported.
        Why haven't you done so already? Actually, scratch that. You can PM admins as well, you know. Take down the name, PM me or one of the other admins. We can then keep an eye on the player.

It's just so wrong that server 2 is getting like that. People sign up forthe forums, have 2, maybe 3 posts, then start playing server 2! They haven't read SOP's the MOTD or anything that could make their presence in game worth-while.
        That is unacceptable. The level of play should be higher than server 1. If players are using server 2 as an alternative because server 1 is full, they need to understand that server 2 is hallowed ground. Instabans will be handed out to anyone not playing PCS.

It isn't really my place to complain about this, I'm new. I don't want to seem like an ass for doing this, so don't take it like that. I'm just tired of low quality game play and people who refuse to make a positive contribution to this community.
        Actually, it is everyone's right to complain if they see it. They also have to draw attention to the problem by commnicating with admins. You have already done that. Thanks!

I love TG, it is my only home for gaming, and I hate to see people making it look bad. that is the reason for this post. Too many morons in short. IMHO the hammer of ban needs to be unsheathed and ready to take out some of these people. (That is not meant to be a suggestion to the admins or anything, just my opinion, you admins do a great job, and i'm sure that you will do whatever you see fit when the time comes)
        I wasn't aware server 2 was a problem, but I have no issue bringing the ban hammer over there.

Keep in mind that I, and other admins, will not tolerate any deviation from PCS play there.

The crap we let you all get away with on server 1? Forget it.

Don't be surprised if you get banned, in other words.

Comment

Actually, that first game I was talking about got a lot better when Vulcan joined. Before that there wasn't an SM on. One of the many reasons I'm looking to become an SM. Maybe in a few months. I've got to get the money though. Thanks for responding to everything Mateo.

Comment

I was one of those people on server 2. I've been playing here a few months or so. But you wouldnt recoqnize me since i keep changing names. I was Pirate Bob, BullGod, Acid Reflux, random slayer songs and whatever else i came up with. Right now i am Frank Drebin.

I usually stay away from server 2 since i dont have a voice com and dont really feel at home on it, but when server 1 gets to crappy and there are people on at server 2 i go there.

And if anyone have a problem with my play style they are free to say so or Pm me, cause i cant change what i dont notice.
            If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
              Actually, that first game I was talking about got a lot better when Vulcan joined. Before that there wasn't an SM on. One of the many reasons I'm looking to become an SM. Maybe in a few months. I've got to get the money though. Thanks for responding to everything Mateo.
              That always happens; it's like "complete and utter chaos down here" (bonus points where that come from), but once an admin or t-admin comes on, it settles down.

In fact, it also has a tendency to clear the server. Most players log off voluntarily, which saves us the trouble.

I don't know why, but I can hazard a guess; the actual number of PCS players are quite small, and most of them are off playing BF2.

Once the server settles, however, the games are good. Very good in many cases. It's not uncommon to have a great game on server 1, with an admin there: 9v, Shattered, Vulcan, and a host of other PCS and PCS-Like players tend to jump in.

Then I spend alot of time spectating. :icon_razz

Comment

Originally posted by Iamevil
                I was one of those people on server 2. I've been playing here a few months or so. But you wouldnt recoqnize me since i keep changing names. I was Pirate Bob, BullGod, Acid Reflux, random slayer songs and whatever else i came up with. Right now i am Frank Drebin.

I usually stay away from server 2 since i dont have a voice com and dont really feel at home on it, but when server 1 gets to crappy and there are people on at server 2 i go there.

And if anyone have a problem with my play style they are free to say so or Pm me, cause i cant change what i dont notice.
                Well you should at least read all the SOPS in order to get the basis down. But it is understandable that you may forget a detail or two in some time or another. Usually you don't even realize you forgot it, so you actually still think you remember all the SOPS. That is what server #1 is for. You go there if your not sure that you are up to date in the PCS style of play. Even if you are sure, you should go there a few times in order to get used to the PCS style of play (so it becomes second nature). Once you acquired a taste for PCS and believe you can have fun with it come on to server #2. If you make a small mistake I think people (at least mature people) should calmly talk to you about your mistake (or PM you if it is a big deal). I'm talking about little mistakes here not rushing into T spawn (doing it once though, I could see as a "I don't know the map," although when you get to server #2 you should know to stick with the team to get the map down first).

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Of course i read all the sop thingies. Sure, it wasnt until after Root said something about me clearly not reading them, but now i have read them, so hah :P
                  If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

In my opinion, you should not have to use page_admin on Server 2 at all. The people that play on server 2 are saying that they know the rules of TG and agreeing to abide by them. There is no reason whatsoever the there should be page_admin going in Server 2. PERIOD.
                    |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

I'll start off with saying that I have had some -great- games on server 2. People like 9v, Phaze, Sephiroth, Vulcan, Azzman (he has his moments), really increase the playing many times over.

I'll admit, I'm one of the people that made only a couple posts before trying out server 2. I like to think I have the PCS somewhat down, and can prove at least a decent player. But those most players I listed above tend to draw out the best in people. I know when I'm playing with 9v, I feel that I'm doing a lot better as a team member than I might usually do. Gotta love them charismatic people.

The biggest problem is this. Someone plays on server 1 for a while, likes the semi-PCS that goes on there (let's admit it, it can get out of control), but goes into the protected server with the same, pubby-PCS attitude. It can be a difficult change, especially considering the drastic difference in playstyle between that server, and.... well, the rest of CS:S.

I think there needs to be a way to limit those who can get access to the protected server. Not enough that nobody can get in, but... hm. What about a referral type process? One a player gets X number of referrals, they are granted the password. The only people that can give referrals are Supporting Members, and, uh... trusted members? I don't know. It could use some work, but I think it has potential.

And on that note... PLAY SERVER 2! It's empty far too often, and that makes me disappointed. Or come when other people try to recruit you over.

EDIT: Please do not feel offended, or that I dislike you, if I did not mention you under the people that have improved gameplay. Those are simply some I have played a lot with lately, and happened to cross my mind. By no means do I say they are the only ones, for they are not. It is not a full list at all, simply a part of a list that can't really be completed.
                      Last edited by poe; 08-09-2005, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks Poe. Lately you will probably notice me having more of those moments ;P

And yes, a charismatic leader is always important. I know that from experiance more than anything. People like that are nessicary on server 2 to lead the team to their full potential.

Comment

That is very true, but you left one out Poe, that being root.

Comment

I haven't seen Root in ages, is all. And our last game he kept slaying the entire team. :P Root does tend to... take the whole PCS to heart, and doesn't hesitate to enforce it. Newblets just don't help that.

Don't get me wrong though. Root would fit in there. Heck, he's a lot like 9v and Phaze.
                            What with that bloody accent 'n all, ye can barely tell 'em apart! (Just teasing ;-))

Comment

Reformed Referral Process (One or both of the below?)
                              Requirements for TG memebership and/or Protected TG Server Password.
                              -Your request to be approved by a SM/admin (The admin must have seen the person in-game to approve them)
                              -Three referrals from current TG members.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X