This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Is This So Hard To Understand!!! Grrrrr

why cant people grasp that the bomber makes the plan, and the others follow the plan and protect the bomber?!?!?!??!?!?! i swear, i was just on penstock and my teamates were hellbent on getting slaughtered in sewer, i had the bomb so i said and typed "not sewers, we are going left control room" did anyone listen??? no, all i heard was "why? i wanna go sewers" and "well im going middle" so instead of going to die alone, i left to go pout. [/rant]

Re: Why Is This So Hard To Understand!!! Grrrrr

hehe i know what you were on about... it was the map with the big control room i forgot what it's called... i don't really know the map very well yet but t's were a bit biased over going sewers yea...

/me remembers pimpcain leaving fuming with rage, odn't blame him

wasn't a really organized game on that mpa, not much ppl knew what they were doing, just shouting sewers or something else, waggling towards their death...

either it was becoz ppl were confused, didn't know the map very well, or we just had bad luck on this map
    Ultracrepidarianism - giving opinions outside of one's knowledge

Comment

Sorry to hear that pimpcain. I was working late so i couldn't go in to sort things out.

- -

Comment

no problem, just ranting..... and jape- yeah, it was a tad frustrating because i knew the map, and everyone was shouting their own idea of what we should do :\ oh well, better luck next time i guess lol

Comment

I've grown used to playin on server 2 only lately. I went in to server 1 yesterday and today some, and was simply apalled (sp?). It tore me up, i was about to throw my keyboard up aginst the wall due to rushers.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
          steve: OMG
          steve: TOO
          root: ****ing hell
          root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

There IS a reason I keep trying to get you guys to go to server 2 with me, whenever I do. There's just too many people not apart of TG, or people that are too used to the typical CS:S, deathmatch-style play. At least in server 2 there is the standard that everyone should have the PCS-style play, and adhere to objectives and work well with their team. I've been rather grossed out by server 1 lately myself, except for the rare times (usually when it's mostly TG players :row__688: )

Comment

Yes, but as I posted before, at times even server 2 is lacking in teamwork and coordination. Obviously, server 2 is hands down, 50x better than server 1 for PCS, but, it takes a good amount of good players, and at least 2 good leaders. One of which would ideally be an SM using their temp-admin abilities or a full admin.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
              steve: OMG
              steve: TOO
              root: ****ing hell
              root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by pimpcain
                why cant people grasp that the bomber makes the plan, and the others follow the plan
                Because that's not how it is. Yes we generally look to the bomber to call the target at the start of each round. However, ideally, the team commander calls the plan, together with *details* on execution, which points need to be secured before moving on, fall back points, fields of fire etc. Ideally, the same player is team commander for the entire map. What you have to remember though, is that the bomber (by virtue of posessing the bomb) gets a veto on any plan. If they do this, they damn well better have a plan of their own.

If the bomber simply won't co-operate, then inform an admin / temp admin via @chat that the bomber isn't co-operating. @slay and @kick can then be deployed as necessary.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

^^i know, but like you said- the bomber is the ultimate decider of the plan, if i have no clue what to do to complete my objective as bomber, i will readily let another player create a plan. however, if i do have the bomb, and i do have a plan, i would like to have my team listen and follow through instead of dismissing me immedietly and running off to do their own thing. oh well, they werent tg'ers anyway....

Comment

Yeah, if the bomber isn't going to make the plan, the least he/she can do is communicate with the team, asking another player to make the plan.

But of course, we always have the problem of people not communicating...

Comment

Originally posted by pimpcain
                      ^^i know, but like you said- the bomber is the ultimate decider of the plan
                      Thats not actually what I said. The team commander should be the ultimate decider. The bomber can veto their plan if they really feel they must, but they have to provide a plan if they wish to do this.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by radicaldreamer
                        But of course, we always have the problem of people not communicating...
                        @chat <playername> is <not communicating / afk / TK'ing / voice spamming / rushing / other>

No admin? page_admin <playername> is <not communicating / afk / TK'ing / voice spamming / rushing / other>

Of course you've read the SOP forum so you already know that, don't you? ;)

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                          Thats not actually what I said. The team commander should be the ultimate decider. The bomber can veto their plan if they really feel they must, but they have to provide a plan if they wish to do this.

Root
                          Yes, but for terrorists on de_maps, the bomber should be the commander by default. If he chooses to relegate his right to lead to someone else, that's the bomber's choice, not some self appointed "leader's" choice...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            Yes, but for terrorists on de_maps, the bomber should be the commander by default. If he chooses to relegate his right to lead to someone else, that's the bomber's choice, not some self appointed "leader's" choice...
                            You don't think it's better to have one commander for the whole map? I've played both ways, and I much prefer it when one guy calls the shots for the whole map. Ideally, the team should agree on a leader, but self appointed beats 7 players all doing their own thing.

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                              You don't think it's better to have one commander for the whole map? I've played both ways, and I much prefer it when one guy calls the shots for the whole map. Ideally, the team should agree on a leader, but self appointed beats 7 players all doing their own thing.
                              I usually hate it when one jerk thinks he's in charge and I have the bomb. I think letting everyone come up with a plan when it's their turn is so much more fun. If someone has the bomb but no plan, it's not hard to simply ask someone else for a plan.

That's just the way I like it... Doesn't make it "the right way", though, y'know?
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X