Changing the Time per map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the Time per map

I think it will benefit the playing experience if the time was reduced for the completion of each mission on the maps. It will add another dimension of pressure but will still allow for plenty of planning time. Planning can be done in 30-45 seconds.
    Anyone agree? anyone???....
    TG Ben

All I ask for is communication

Re: Changing the Time per map

actually i'd like to see the freeze time increase. The round time doesn't bother me at all. When your playing a full on PCS game, those 7 minutes become short.

- -

Comment

I am the same Vulcan, what would be really nice is if you had to wait like 10 seconds of it to start buying. That way everyone could buy according to the plan.

I don't really think the round time needs to be decreased though Ben. It just seems like those 7 minutes can get used up quickly if you are using good tactics.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
      steve: OMG
      steve: TOO
      root: ****ing hell
      root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by givati1
        I think it will benefit the playing experience if the time was reduced for the completion of each mission on the maps.
        7 minutes is nothing, when good tactics are used. Taking it slow (that is not rushing), checking fields of fire, making sure that the team executes the plan...can easily take 5 minutes.

It will add another dimension of pressure but will still allow for plenty of planning time. Planning can be done in 30-45 seconds.
        Yes, this is true, if every round is Rush A, Rush B. Yaaaaaawn.

Comment

i agree with the longer freezetime... this will contribute to a 'fairer' start. I mean that this way you can take your time as assaulting team to cover all aspects of your tactics even before the other team started moving yet
          Ultracrepidarianism - giving opinions outside of one's knowledge

Comment

Shorter round times lead to deathmatch. I don't think anyone could persuade me otherwise. If you tend to die early, treat it as an incentive to support your team better, and live longer ;)

Admins can increase the freezetime on any map. Just ask!

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Personally, I think there should be atleast 10 more seconds added on to the current freezetime.

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                Shorter round times lead to deathmatch. I don't think anyone could persuade me otherwise. If you tend to die early, treat it as an incentive to support your team better, and live longer ;)

Admins can increase the freezetime on any map. Just ask!

Root
                I strongly agree with this because it doesnt seem to add the pressure, to me, it would only seem to make you think that you have to go faster, not walk as much, and give you more excuses to rush.

I wouldnt object to a 30 sec freeze time. Only thing bad about it is when your on server 2 playing with one other person, then there is no need for a full 30-40 sec planning period
                |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Originally posted by SkidMark
                  Only thing bad about it is when your on server 2 playing with one other person, then there is no need for a full 30-40 sec planning period
                  Unfortunately we can't do anything about that. There's no way we're going to give SM's access to @rcon, which is the only way to adjust the freezetime. I have and will continue to lower the freezetime if I'm remote monitoring and see 1v1 or 2v2 in progress. That's the best I can offer I'm afraid.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    Yes, this is true, if every round is Rush A, Rush B. Yaaaaaawn.
                    God, I wish someone who played with me on view when I had the bomb and made those insane "this is us *shoot* this is b *shoot*" plans.. would vouch for me.

Those things are actually great fun haha.

Comment

That's nice to know Root, but do you even have a clue as to when you will be back in full force?

Comment

With his current downtime I would be willing to bet within the next couple of weeks, in case he doesn't respond you can obviously be sure I am right ;)

Comment

Oh, Azz, your'e always right!!! ;)

:row__642: = Azz

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X