CS: GO First Impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS: GO First Impressions

Fire away! How does the game compare to CS or CSS and what are your overall impressions thus far?

Re: CS: GO First Impressions

I miss being able to silence weapons.
    And save autobuy kits for faster purchases.

Comment

After fooling around for just a moment to get it to feel right, here's a few things I found about the crosshair. First of all, the classic crosshair is chooseable in the options. cl_crosshairsize changes the size of it, cl_crosshairthickness changes how thick it is. cl_crosshairdot 1 adds a dot to the center of it. If you want the good old dot crosshair back, use cl_crosshairsize 0, cl_crosshairdot 1 and cl_crosshairthickness 1 or 1.5.

As for the game, it's a bit different and will take a bit of getting used to but I think I'll grow to like it.

Comment

I played a few rounds today. Feels like Counter-Strike, looks fine. Will give me some distraction from BF3 :)

Anyone figured out how to activate left hand weapon models? It's not real CS without left hand weapon models!
        former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Yeah I miss the silenced feature and I think something is differant about the sound. I don't like the sound. But after playing a couple of hours it really feels good and looks great. The models are kinda funny looking only because of the styles they picked is all :) Oh the voice wav files or whatever it is sounds like a Disc jockey is throwing the granades.
          Last edited by sparhawkxx; 08-15-2012, 06:05 PM.

FUN FUN

Comment

Wasn't to sure to start tbh... But after a while I settled down into it, really enjoying it!!!
            sigpic

Comment

So for someone who has been playing since the beta of the old CS, is it a must buy? :)
              "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

My main issues deal with the guns. Some of the skins are kinda funky/tacky looking (they look like COD skins, which I HATE), and none of the guns feel authentic. It's like I could feel the power behind the guns in source. I don't get that with GO. I'm also not a fan of not having auto re-buy, and I don't like the crosshair options. That said, the maps and character skins look AWESOME.

Comment

Keep in mind guys this is a beta. Also for the silencers they said they should be coming back. Peoplr say a patch will be coming out on tuesday with the silencers. But over all i feel the same way abbout the skins. The nice thing is that we can just replace them later. The buy menu sorta werid. Also i think napom gernades will be come the new smoke in small areas. That thing just comepletely blocks your view.

Comment

I will like it better when I find some better Hi Res skins and sounds for the weapons they are horrid!

Not much yet but its a start http://gamebanana.com/csgo/skins
                    |TG| Plude220

Comment

Here's another console command that might make playing a little more comfortable: r_drawtracers_firstperson 0

It removes tracers fired from your gun as seen by yourself. Personally I found them very distracting, and they made keeping track of what you are aiming at very hard. Besides the guns are hitscan but tracers have a travel time, making them really disorientating especially at longer distances.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X