Changing Dead Mans View on Server 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Dead Mans View on Server 2

I brought it up yesterday in server 2 and I had a great positive response from most players. We believe that the (for lack of better words) Dead persons viewing options should be limited to his own team on server 2. Since this server is supposed to be more professional in its play then why not restrict the view as well. I do not like when I have a great spot and ambush several of the enemy team and then am unable to reuse that spot in fear that the dead players have seen exactley where the shots came from.
    Please make this happen as it will only lead to more exciting and tactical play!
    Thanks,
    |TG|Ben

All I ask for is communication

Re: Changing Dead Mans View on Server 2

i absolutely agree with this...

don't have anything to add, i feel that this makes the game even more tactical because you can leave the other team guessing and guessing where you were if you have a good spot...
    Ultracrepidarianism - giving opinions outside of one's knowledge

Comment

It would probably help alot, I agree.

I know that is how we do it in tournament mode at least.

Comment

In tourney mode we go one step further. We limit it to first person team only view.

Comment

So long as we can do that for non-admins only, I'd be cool with that.

I use the dead man's view to look over the shoulder of the players of the other team, make sure that joe-pub is kept in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
            In tourney mode we go one step further. We limit it to first person team only view.
            I thought that is what we were referring to, as it is.

Comment

I thought we were referring to changing it so that the player can first person and revolve around their teammates. *rereads first posts* yup. No referance to first person only.

Comment

Originally posted by givati1
                I brought it up yesterday in server 2 and I had a great positive response from most players. We believe that the (for lack of better words) Dead persons viewing options should be limited to his own team on server 2. Since this server is supposed to be more professional in its play then why not restrict the view as well. I do not like when I have a great spot and ambush several of the enemy team and then am unable to reuse that spot in fear that the dead players have seen exactley where the shots came from.
                Please make this happen as it will only lead to more exciting and tactical play!
                Thanks,
                |TG|Ben
                good idea!
                i like that idea + rep for u :D
                My name is NOT of the matter... yet... i dont think anyone wants it so :P

Comment

Hold on... Are we talking about only seeing your team? Or are we talking about Fade To Black?
                  |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Changing Dead Mans View on Server 2

Originally posted by SkidMark
                    Hold on... Are we talking about only seeing your team? Or are we talking about Fade To Black?
                    seeing only your team doh ;)
                    My name is NOT of the matter... yet... i dont think anyone wants it so :P

Comment

Ben its a good idea, and we may implement it at a later date. Unfortunately, we can't enable this AND have admins able to still view anyone. We don't currently have a sufficiently high standard of PCS from enough people, and we don't currently have the safeguards on server 2 quite right. We need admins to be able to view anyone whilst dead, and its not feasable for them to keep switching between team and spec.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...