Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with config file

Hi

I have tried altering my config.cfg file to try to gain better fps and reduce certain graphical options so css will run better on my laptop.

But each time i restart ccs, my config file gets replaced with the original.

Also, do the numbers after each line have to be in speech marks? eg Cl_**** "0"

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Honest
    George W Bush Jnr looked and sounded shocked when he heard that a Brazilian had died on the underground in London due to the new terrorism laws being passed, but was later heard saying "So how many exactly is a Brazillion?".

Re: Help with config file

no double apostrophies are needed, only if you want a name with spaces or a long alias...

if you want BINDS to be permanent you need to put them in your cfg file. This file probably has "unbindall" as first line so it automatically resets all your in-game alterations and executes your regular cfg file again...

you need to pop open your config file in the cstrike folder and put all the binds and aliasses in there! I hope this is enough info for you...
    Ultracrepidarianism - giving opinions outside of one's knowledge

Comment

Or, you can create an autoexec.cfg file (in the same directory), put;

exec buy.cfg
      exec comms.cfg

and use those two for your buy binds and your comms binds. Then you can keep them seperate from the main config file which makes it easier to keep control of all your binds.

Comment

That's interesting. This thread seems to have cloned itself.

Comment

attack of the honest mistake clones!

- -

Comment

Did it? Or do yo uall mean the one about buying magazines instead of full loadouts?

Edit- :row1_19:
            Last edited by AzzMan; 08-16-2005, 01:07 PM. Reason: blind

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...