Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with config file

Hi

I have tried altering my config.cfg file to try to gain better fps and reduce certain graphical options so css will run better on my laptop.

But each time i restart ccs, my config file gets replaced with the original.

Also, do the numbers after each line have to be in speech marks? eg Cl_**** "0"

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Honest
    George W Bush Jnr looked and sounded shocked when he heard that a Brazilian had died on the underground in London due to the new terrorism laws being passed, but was later heard saying "So how many exactly is a Brazillion?".

Re: Help with config file

PM inbound. I have sent you a copy of my CFG file that I run off my laptop and desk top. I am able to get over 230FPS on certain maps with my desktop and 140+ on my laptop. And yes all modifications are per CAL league specifications. Hope is helps....
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

blimey! what did you do to your config to get 230 FPS? or do you just have beastly pc-specs?
      Ultracrepidarianism - giving opinions outside of one's knowledge

Comment

Probably a mix of both, I mean DAMN! 240fps on CSS? I altered the launch options for CSS with steam, and made it run better on my little brothers computer until he gets some new parts. specs: 750mhz Duron, 320mb SDRAM, GeForce4 MX-440 64mb, and 20 gb of hard drive space.For a PC made completely of my extras, you can't beat it. The only thing that the computer cannot do is the reflections... :(. Thats why I got better stuff though :D.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
        steve: OMG
        steve: TOO
        root: ****ing hell
        root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

No I donít have beastly machine, but I just put a couple bucks where there are needed most. Obviously running a 9800XT on a RAID 0+ setup helps (AMD 2800), however, but so does turning a couple settings down. This is also with "in game" tracking, not the crap benchmark that is in the options of the game.
          So many people are so infatuated with running max resolution with max graphics that they forget about the game play (personally I prefer the game play). There are so many web sites available that help you tweak it based on whatever video card you have. A lot of is also just trial and error based on your specific system. Just find all the command s and see that works for you.
          But be advised there are still map that I get only 50-60 FPS on, some of it just depends how the map was made and the action on your screen.
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Thanks so much for the help.

Gonna go and have a tweak now, I'll let you know how the fps go.

One last question though, does the config.cfg file need to be set to read only?

Thanks again

See yous on dem servas
            George W Bush Jnr looked and sounded shocked when he heard that a Brazilian had died on the underground in London due to the new terrorism laws being passed, but was later heard saying "So how many exactly is a Brazillion?".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X