Admins, T-Admins, and Boundaries.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admins, T-Admins, and Boundaries.

This is a problem I've noticed lately while spending some time on server 1 (2 is always empty! :icon_frow ).

Every Admin/T-Admin has a different idea of what the boundaries on a map can be. So listen to them as you play, and you're fine... right?

It's difficult when you become used to the "correct boundaries" and play them for some time, only for another to tell you that is not so. While I see someone can just adjust to the new boundaries, which people do (perhaps with a bit of trouble sometimes), it does arrise an issue.

We need boundaries defined across the table.
    For the maps existing in the current mapcycles for the servers, they need to be listed somewhere. It could even just simply list the defensive team's boundaries, because that is all that is truly needed. For example.

cs_office
    -Terrorists are limited to the main part of the building. They may not enter the garage, step foot outside, or otherwise leave main corridors and rooms beside the hostages.
    -Firing into CT Spawn from the back office window is prohibited.

cs_italy
    -Terrorists are restricted to the hostage house, the second-story roadway beside the house and apartments, and the length of Long Hall (while remaining within it).

cs_compound
    -Terrorists are limited to the hostage shack, and anywhere inside the main walls of the compound. Ideally they should remain by T spawn, and the hostage house.

de_dust2
    -Counter-Terrorists are limited to the stretch from A to B, Long A, and the bombsites.

de_train
    -Counter-Terrorists are limited to the train areas of the A and B bombsites, the backside of B, and CT spawn.
    -The Back Alley by A, Short A, and the hallway by the topside of the ladder are forbidden.

That took only a few minutes, and I just did five of the eighteen maps (Do not go by these restrictions. They are my interpretations, and unless stated by those with the authority, they are not the boundaries). If the admins think those are acceptable, and would like, I could do the same for the rest of the maps.

I think it important for things to be the same across the board, especially with such a playing style unique to the CS:S world. While the Admin's words are law on the servers (and off of), T-Admins seem to get their position for forking over a price to help the community (which is greatly appreciated), and are not aware of the exact details and formalities that would prove useful.

To summarize. Define the boundaries of the maps in the mapcycles, post them, and make sure the (T-)admins adhere to them.

Thanks for your time.

Re: Admins, T-Admins, and Boundaries.

Boundaries are useful, for training only.

In PCS, on server 2, there is one boundary: the opposition's spawn. Everything else is "are you supporting the objective or not?" If you aren't, you shouldn't be there.

So don't get too hung up on them. I find myself correcting many "assumptions" about boundaries on server 1, promulgated out of a poor or partial understanding of what PCS actually is.

Play the objective, not the boundary, in other words, and you won't catch static from the admins.

Comment

I realize that in true PCS there are no boundaries, and I agree. And it's not even me that's had issues with it. But I have watched other people that have, and it is very frustrating. That's all.

Comment

If there are temp-admins creating arbitrary fixed boundaries, please let an admin know.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
          Boundaries are useful, for training only.

In PCS, on server 2, there is one boundary: the opposition's spawn. Everything else is "are you supporting the objective or not?" If you aren't, you shouldn't be there.

So don't get too hung up on them. I find myself correcting many "assumptions" about boundaries on server 1, promulgated out of a poor or partial understanding of what PCS actually is.

Play the objective, not the boundary, in other words, and you won't catch static from the admins.
          Correct. Boundaries as a whole should not have to exist. If you have to say "I can't get there, it's out of bounds" then you are obviously either not doing what is best to help the objective, or you are pushing through the opposing spawn.

Comment

I have monkerz script, and that has @say bound to boundaries for the > several months maps like Italy, compound, and office. However, newer maps havent been put in.

And a shorter version of what you said with office is "If your models feet are seen on something that is not wood or carpet, you will be slain". This stops them at any stairs, the window sills, the snow, garage, etc.

Comment

On server 1 though in my opinion we need some boundaries otherwise it will become a complete fragfest like most other servers as we allow the public to use it. I dont mind trying to teach new people but most dont care and continue to rush and without these boundaries they wont ever learn. It is the same reason why server 2 has a pw. so people who know how to play pcs and not fragfest follow the objectives and everyone has fun. I know im new and this is just what i see as i have been t-admining some lately. If im wrong, someone just let me know so i learn because i really enjoy this server and the tg community. thanks Balboaemt
              Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
              Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

Server 1 is the training server, so boundaries are enforced. As you become more aware of how to play the objective withing it's scope, those boundaries disappear but server 1 will enforce them because it is public.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by balboaemt
                  On server 1 though in my opinion we need some boundaries otherwise it will become a complete fragfest like most other servers as we allow the public to use it. I dont mind trying to teach new people but most dont care and continue to rush and without these boundaries they wont ever learn. It is the same reason why server 2 has a pw. so people who know how to play pcs and not fragfest follow the objectives and everyone has fun. I know im new and this is just what i see as i have been t-admining some lately. If im wrong, someone just let me know so i learn because i really enjoy this server and the tg community. thanks Balboaemt
                  That doesn't get to poe's post about the arbitrariness of the boundaries that people are using.

Saying that "there needs to be boundaries otherwise there will be anarchy" isn't really a vaild argument. That's up to the admin, or T-admin to handle.

Keep in mind, that there will always be pub nonsense on server 1. Can't get away from it. That's what @slay is for.

Server 1 is supposed to be a PCS training ground. That is, you play on server 1, preparing for server 2 play.

The fact is, little actual training is going on. During the recent server 2training, everyone was talking about boundaries, and limits, and there were 7 different opinions.

All except one was wrong.

I agree with enforcing boundaries to some extent, to aid the training, but as soon as possible, the admin or t-admin on watch should announce "Pure PCS in effect" and go from there.

Because boundaries are a crutch.

Comment

If you have a question about a boundary post it up or PM an admin.

Mateo is right, boundaries are a crutch. They are mostly used to keep public players from creating deathmatch on the server, NOT TO PROTECT YOUR FLANK OR HIND END..

- -

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                      We need boundaries defined across the table.
                      Quite simply, that's not going to happen. Is it no longer common netiquette to search a forum before starting a new thread? We've had this conversation plenty of times recently. It's all there for those who seek the knowledge.

For those who feel they really need boundaries, check out the dead men walking website. They play a similar style to us.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...