Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop the complaining- Server 2 Rocks!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop the complaining- Server 2 Rocks!!!!

With all the complaining going on about how disgruntle everybody is lately with server 1 & 2, it is time somebody posted something positive. I just got done with a 5 hour stretch on server 2 and it was awesome. Everybody on was doing well, because both sides were working as teams. Granted there were 1 or 2 misguided individuals that stopped by, but they left just as quickly. To cap it off 9V setup a map that we played as matches, 5 rounds then we all switch. There was not one complaint from anybody about hating playing the map as a CT or T. Even in defeat people were having a good time with it. So stop putting down the servers and get in there and make it better!!

P.S. 9V, that is your once a week quota for saying something good about you!!!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Stop the complaining- Server 2 Rocks!!!!

We had some great teamwork on server 2 last night as well.

beruit was a great map.

I would have liked to play T on that one, maybe tonight.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

That's a marked contrast to server 1, which I was on until 3AM.

No team strategy, either side I played, but i didn't have to get the ban hammer out. I suppose that is a plus. One dustup with one player, I slayed the wrong person by accident, but that wasn't anything major.....it was dropped pretty quick.

We had people come in asking for server 2 IP, which I find odd...if they know the pass, how come they don't know, nor visit, the forums? We are probably going to have to come up with another solution to keep server 2 clean.

I counted 3 seperate occassions when regulars and TG tagged players played the man, rather than the objective. I can't stress this enough, but if that play is brought to server 2, it won't be good for your future here.

I've got a feeling that I need to split my time between the servers, make sure everything is cool. With 9v there, I think its all good, but what about the times when one of us is not?

Comment

I would enjoy having you on server 2 more often because I rarely ever get on server 1. I'd like to paly with you though Mateo. I don't think I've ever really played with you except when you and 9v did that training.

But usually, my presence on server 1 means that I am coming to get a few players to go play on server 2. So in the short times I am on, I don't really see you.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
        steve: OMG
        steve: TOO
        root: ****ing hell
        root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
          With 9v there, I think its all good, but what about the times when one of us is not?
          /waves hand

no worries i'm usually around as well.

- -

Comment

Yeah, Vulcan takes care of business when no one else is around.

Comment

If we can have more threads like this, and more praise for beruit, that would be great. :icon14:

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I like the concept of someone not complaining about Server 2, but I refuse to retract my hatred towards Beirut :icon_bigg

Comment

If Beirut didn't lag, it would really be one of my more favored maps. It is just that the lag restricts me to staying in the building, cause it's impossible to do much more outdoors. 10-15 fps makes things difficult....

I've had a lot of fun on server 2, though. Last night it was me, Shifty/Unicorn/Fabio/Gaylord Falker/newest alias, Clever, Egg, Shaman, and ekiM. Had a lot of fun at de_train and de_view_update1, and played for a while. Scores were typically pretty even, and if not it was still fun. That's just one of my adventures upon server 2 - there are many more.

Comment

Server two is some good I hear.

Comment

Dude, my PC lag's a bit on Beruit, but it is one of the most tactical maps I have seen. It offers a need for playing tactically to survive on both sides, it seems to enforce PCS rules even if just the defense ia spread out in the tower. If you communicate and play accordingly though, it is one of the best maps i have played. I only get maybe, 20 fps outdoors, and even with the lag, the play outweighs my anger at the lag (my damn PC is mesing up though, needs a new PS and mobo soon). All in all, beruit is my FAVORITE map to be played on the servers, hands down. It also always seems to have good gameplay.

Server 2 has been awesome lately BTW.

Comment

Gaylord Fawker?

Anyways, yes the person coming in looking for the IP for server2 was me, and that was because my favorites for some reason just wiped and I didnt feel like exiting counterstrike to try and go look for the server 2 password. And the other thing... all I have to say is sorry.

Yes, server2 does rock, its server1 which most people (especially me) complain about. Server1 tends to get a lot of people who dont read the rules of the server, then proceed to rush off without the team, you then try to get them back in formation with the rest of the team, but by that time the team that was listening to you is running towards the location which you want to go, they all die, you and the idiot who didnt follow are left behind to try and scavenge the bomb, while he blasts insults at you threw his mic and or caps lock, you both die because someone rushes behind you (on server1 mind you), and your team starts babbling on about how that you just had "The greatest plan in the world" which works pretty well with a good squad of TG members. Its around this time that I purpose everyone switch to server2, and usually I get my faitfhul minions (you know who you are) to join me. And once on server2, all my worries and stress seem to unfold as we play some quality PCS games, or practice our aim (Clever, Poe, and a few others usually play games which imrpove aim if no one else is on).

Without server2, i might have killed myself by now. Server2 saved my life.
                        Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
                        |TG| Shifty Powers and |TG| KungFuChicken

Comment

I think yo ushould seek professional help for that one Uni :icon31:

Comment

Very true, if playing CS on a server 1 only, or having to live off of deathmatch-pubbies would cause you to cease to exist,then you need some help man.I play a hell of a lot of CS, but not that much man! Server 2 is great and all, but it is no life saver.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
                              P.S. 9V, that is your once a week quota for saying something good about you!!!
                              i think once a week is a little optimistic, Big C... :row__577:

But you're right. Server 2 Does Indeed Rock.

Some of the games on cs_beirut2_64 recently have been the best games i've ever had the pleasure to play. The standard i've seen people playing to makes my heart large and my frown small. You know who you are. (And if you're not sure, PM me)

For the most part, the last few weeks the company i've enjoyed has been patient, fun, and a pleasure to game with. Even on Server 1 it's been pretty good, if occasionally irksome. But with every silver lining, there's a soggy old cloud. My family are back tomorrow, which although in itself is another silver lining, means my life of almost unpunctutated TG CS:S time has to make way for RealLife™

i'll still be playing now and then, and as often as i possibly can, but a lot less, and more often than not mic-less too. Which is a real drag. Still, until i can get a well paid job playing counter-strike with lots of overtime, that's the way it is.

It's been a joy. Thank you! Each and everyone of you.

Have fun!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X