PCS for Dummies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCS for Dummies

Follow the objective assigned to your team for the map, or face the consequences.

Do not go into the other teams spawn unless its the only way to a ticking bomb or stopping hostages from getting rescued, or face the consequences.

Do not play for kills, have your objective in mind and purchase accordingly. I cant tell you how many times I've seen people buy every kind of grenade, nice rifles and Deagles with full ammo, and forget to buy a freaking defuse kit.

Communicate with your team, its hard to do without a mic but seriously, theyre like 5 bucks, go get one for your teams and your own sake.

You rush, everyone will hate and/or flame you till you just want to leave anyways, and thats if theres not any Admin around. you rush, you face the consequences.

Anyone can go ahead and add to this list of simple rules and regulations, I gotts go to work. But be sure to add "or face the consequences" at the end of everything that you can.

Or face the consequences....
    -----------------------------
    Check out my site, Im very proud of it, so you diss it, you die.

Re: PCS for Dummies

Originally posted by Durka
    Follow the objective assigned to your team for the map, or face the consequences.
    This is the heart of PCS. Live it, learn it, love it.

Do not go into the other teams spawn unless its the only way to a ticking bomb or stopping hostages from getting rescued, or face the consequences.
    That's just about the only boundary there is. That's also a hard and fast rule. T-admins are authorized to slay on sight, and should PM an admin for tha bannage.

Do not play for kills, have your objective in mind and purchase accordingly. I cant tell you how many times I've seen people buy every kind of grenade, nice rifles and Deagles with full ammo, and forget to buy a freaking defuse kit.
    Thank you! Someone gets it!

Communicate with your team, its hard to do without a mic but seriously, theyre like 5 bucks, go get one for your teams and your own sake.
    You can communicate, without a mic; voice commands, text, whatever. Just make sure that you are coordinating the approach on the objective.

You rush, everyone will hate and/or flame you till you just want to leave anyways, and thats if theres not any Admin around. you rush, you face the consequences.
    Like it or not, a rush is a tactic. One that, in the PCS world, should be used sparingly.

Anyone can go ahead and add to this list of simple rules and regulations, I gotts go to work. But be sure to add "or face the consequences" at the end of everything that you can.
    You have to go to work, or face the consequences! :row__687:

Great post overall! We (the admins) weren't going to post a list of hard and fast dos and don'ts, since we think it is too limiting. You can't list out every wrinkle, and even if you do noone will read it.

There are a few basics that need to be added, to make the list complete.

Crackjump, and face the consequences.

In PCs there are no boundaries, except the spawn. That said, the objective imposes boundaries of its own: if you think that you can't support a logical reason to be there based on the objective, you shouldn't be there. Play the objective or face the consequences.

Backtalk an admin, and face the consequences.

Team Kill, and face the consequences.

Comment

I wish we could at least require a mic on Server2.

Comment

I think that requiring a mic on server 2 would be both positive, and negative. A few good players that I can think of, lack mics, and are worth having in game. Although I think that requiring a mic would help out in the communication that is so important on server 2. But I don't think I can decide which one outweighs the other.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
        steve: OMG
        steve: TOO
        root: ****ing hell
        root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

I went to CompUSA and bought a Labtec headset/mic for $12. I ripped the mic off and hot glued it to my good headphones. Boom, that's it. I even tried a throat mic for a week and this setup sounds much better. If anyone has a problem coming up with $12, give me a call, I'll pay you $20 to mow my lawn.

I deffinitely think the communication needs outweigh skills. It's very difficult to be a good PCS player without the means to communicate.

Comment

Well Buck, gotta remember. Some parents are Nazi's. Not everuone's (since the majority of mic-less players are kids) parents is willing to spend that $12 on their kids, and then another problem is getting to a place like CompUSA if your under 16-18, or lack a car.

I would prefer that everyone did have a mic on server2, but it probably wont happen in the near future.

Edit: Oh and Durka, im so proud of you. My little man is all grown up :').
            Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
            |TG| Shifty Powers and |TG| KungFuChicken

Comment

Requiring a mic on server 2 is a good idea. People there don't even read the text for the most part, that I've noticed...

Comment

I always buy a diffuse kit but it seems that my saved purchases sometimes don't give me diffuse kits... Man I get pissed when that happens!

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
                - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Comment

Durk Durka Durk Durka Durka Durk Durka Durka Durka or face the consequences

Im glad to see somewhat of an explanation the rules of pcs because it gives me a place to send people to check and also as a temp admin gives me a better understanding of everything so its not arbitrary but something established.
                  Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
                  Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
                    I always buy a diffuse kit but it seems that my saved purchases sometimes don't give me diffuse kits... Man I get pissed when that happens!
                    that's why i do the smart thing of buying the kit first before any weapons, armor, etc.

Comment

*Signs the agreement*

And yes, I am guilty of not having enough money for a kit :(
                      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

I'm guilty of thinking "the shotgun's $1500! ok! a shotgun, 8 shells adn a KIT! because one 'mag' of shells is like 10 bucks!"

And then I get selfowned.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                          Requiring a mic on server 2 is a good idea. People there don't even read the text for the most part, that I've noticed...
                          Anyone not reading the text hasn't read the SOP forum.

Whilst requiring a mic on server 2 would be a fine idea, some people (9v for example) simply cannot use a mic at times, and I'm not going to do anything that would exclude an admin from either server. That said, if you have a mic, please use it on either server.

Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Well before I got my mic, there were times I would type out vital information after getting behind sizeable cover, and no one would read it.

Then the team would go on to get slaughtered.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                              Well before I got my mic, there were times I would type out vital information after getting behind sizeable cover, and no one would read it.

Then the team would go on to get slaughtered.
                              Try listening to comms (most of which are just "aww sh*t!), watching the text, admining, and playing the game.

I use that excuse every time someone points out that my scores are strictly middle of the pack. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X