Going Back For The Bomb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Back For The Bomb

Last night, around 1:30, I'm sorta surfing around, and I check the server status...there are like 10 players on server 2, all getting their PCS on.

So I log in, start playing.

Now, I'm not going to name names, and if you are a regular here, the mention of guardhouse and long hall should give you an idea of the map.

It's 4v4, including 3 guys from TGS (great to see you guys around!).

T's flash and rush Long hall. Two of the CTs (including myself) are guarding the hall, and we take out three our of the 4 T's, and get to spectate.

The remaining T books up the stairs to the guardhouse, where the other 2 CTs are. Without the bomb.

I guess the T forgot to check his 6, because he gets up there in a firefight on the guardhouse, and never goes back for the bomb.

T's win by playing the man, not the objective.

Now, I could have banned for that, but I didn't, because I wanted to use it as an illustration for the CS:S community here as a whole.

As PCS players, your task is pretty simple: communicate with your team, and achieve the objective. Since the bomb is the objective, any round which does not result in a plant or attempted plant is a failure.

Instead of getting into the firefight, the PCS player goes back for the bomb.

We have a breakdown of communication on the T's. They were so focused on the kill, on server 2, that the bomb got lost in the shuffle.

That is not acceptable server 2 practice. That's not even acceptable server 1 practice, although we let it slide when admins aren't around.

I'll repeat this until I'm dead: on server 2, the standards are higher than on server 1. If you play the man, and not the objective, your future here will be short.

PCS players play the objective. Live it.
    Last edited by Mateo; 08-23-2005, 03:59 PM.

Re: Going Back For The Bomb

That's happened to me before, but instead of going to the other chokepoint I book it to the top site just to shout "OH ****!" because I missed the bomb =/

Comment

Man Ive always got my eye on the bomber, so this rarely happens to me :(
      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

I think that has happened to me before, but when I realized that I didn't have a team left, I went back for the bomb (after talking to myself on voice com for about 30 seconds :D).

I have seen that happen before. I agree though, it is completely unnacceptable play for either server, but especially server 2. Any ideas of solutions are beyond me though. It seems that a ban could simply lose the community a member. Maybe more training is needed, but then again, maybe banning is the only reasoning come people will take completely to heart. Although, anyone who isn't going to play according to the rules shouldn't be here in the first place, so maybe I'm contradicting myself. I'll make sure to correct anyone I see doing this in the future.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
        steve: OMG
        steve: TOO
        root: ****ing hell
        root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Before I get slayed for this, because I am (in)famous for this: Going for the bomb does not (IMHO) mean rushing blindly into hostile territory only to get killed. Sometimes the best route to the bomb isn't necessarily the shortest and there shouldn't be anything wrong with using flanking maneuvers to clear out the places CT's could be covering the downed bomb from. i.e. Say on piranesi(sp?) the bomb is down in the middle of A and I'm the last T remaining: I'm in the far window. The fastest route to the bomb would be straight out of the window. I would most definitely NOT take that route. I would probably go to the roof and clear it and the bomb site. Then I would drop off of the back of the roof to the balcony and clear the middle. Then off the balcony, and through the double doors to retrieve my bomb. At any time, if I made contact with a CT, I would retreat and not continue on my current route. Unfortunately, if the CT’s know the bomb is down and are doing what they’re supposed to be doing (guarding the bomb) and if I do my job well, the round will end when the last CT dies.

As far as the situation described I believe the T was hunting. Even if the T just didn't realize that the bomb was down, there is just no reason to go through long hall and then out the top door unless you’re flanking for a guard house rush and you better have more than 4 people for that tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Fush
            Before I get slayed for this, because I am (in)famous for this: Going for the bomb does not (IMHO) mean rushing blindly into hostile territory only to get killed. Sometimes the best route to the bomb isn't necessarily the shortest and there shouldn't be anything wrong with using flanking maneuvers to clear out the places CT's could be covering the downed bomb from. i.e. Say on piranesi(sp?) the bomb is down in the middle of A and I'm the last T remaining: I'm in the far window. The fastest route to the bomb would be straight out of the window. I would most definitely NOT take that route.
            Not saying that: suicide is not required.

If there is no easy way to get the bomb (say CTs are camping it) then alternative methods of recovery, and some stealth, are probably required.

But in the situation that I descibed, retrieving the bomb was fairly simple, go back down the stairs, get the bomb, plant at B. Defend the bomb.

As far as the situation described I believe the T was hunting. Even if the T just didn't realize that the bomb was down, there is just no reason to go through long hall and then out the top door unless you’re flanking for a guard house rush and you better have more than 4 people for that tactic.
            Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
              I think that has happened to me before, but when I realized that I didn't have a team left, I went back for the bomb (after talking to myself on voice com for about 30 seconds :D).

I have seen that happen before. I agree though, it is completely unnacceptable play for either server, but especially server 2. Any ideas of solutions are beyond me though. It seems that a ban could simply lose the community a member. Maybe more training is needed, but then again, maybe banning is the only reasoning come people will take completely to heart. Although, anyone who isn't going to play according to the rules shouldn't be here in the first place, so maybe I'm contradicting myself. I'll make sure to correct anyone I see doing this in the future.
              I don't think a banning is nessicary unless the person is OBVIOUSLY kill hunting and not concerned about planting WHATSOEVER. I can tell you I woudl personally be.. very angry to say the least, if in my scenario I got banned because I thoguht I grabbed the bomb and sprinted to plant.

Comment

In the situation described though, it wasn't anything like that, he went away from not only the bomb, but both of the bomb sites.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                steve: OMG
                steve: TOO
                root: ****ing hell
                root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X