This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as_tundra

Just wanted to let you guys know, i'm working on this map for the new VIP plugin for CS:S which is being worked on over at PAF (www.punkassfraggers.com). I'll post some screens soon and hopefully won't take to long to have a playable version.

- -

Re: as_tundra

as_? is that the map type for VIP maps?

Comment

assasination, and yes for VIP gameplay.

- -

Comment

Do we run VIP maps on the servers? If not, we should. Something to break up the hostage/detonation routine.

Comment

I think that would be an awesome addition.
          I was looking at csbanana.com the other day, and was disappointed to find no CS:S VIP maps. I think it would be awesome, and definately something worth trying.

Comment

sounds good to me, let's do it

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
              Do we run VIP maps on the servers? If not, we should. Something to break up the hostage/detonation routine.
              There arent any vip maps to play, i have been begging for them to play PCS on. That map and also oilrig. That map was awesome.
              |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Originally posted by SkidMark
                There arent any vip maps to play, i have been begging for them to play PCS on. That map and also oilrig. That map was awesome.
                So, did you put that in one of Root's 'What maps do we need?' threads?

Comment

The maps aren't available yet, but Soopafly at PAF is gathering mappers to create the old classics. Click the link in my first post and select VIP Mod and you can read about it. Currently CS:S does not support VIP type play. That's why a plugin is being made for it.

- -

Comment

As most of you know, I'm philisophically opposed to adding new maps to the server. Ever. However, if this mod turns out to be any good, and Wyz has no concerns on the technical side, I suppose we could add this once it's available.

I apologise to any Americans reading this for my use of the P word. I'm told that none of you know what a philosopher is. ;)

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Root, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were saying that most American's have bad vocabularies. ;)

Either way, I didn't like the AS maps in >1.6 because I always played on deathmatch servers and I always ended up the VIP. But, I would love to see the whole AS map type added to TG's servers. It does sometimes get a bit old playing bomb-hostage-bomb-hostage over and over again. Unfortunately, that is all Valve thought that us CSS players needed :(.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                      steve: OMG
                      steve: TOO
                      root: ****ing hell
                      root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
                        Root, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were saying that most American's have bad vocabularies. ;)
                        Not me. Have you ever read Harry Potter and the philosophers stone? Not unless you have an import copy of the book.

It does sometimes get a bit old playing bomb-hostage-bomb-hostage over and over again. Unfortunately, that is all Valve thought that us CSS players needed :(.
                        What valve fail to understand is that all we really need are decent hostage maps.

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

i can't wait until the server has the new as_oilrig on it
                          "All you have to do is say here, and assume it stands for: Here I am, rock you like a hurricane."

Comment

Pfft.. if I didn't know better, I'd think Route knew what he was talking about :) :) :)

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                              Not me. Have you ever read Harry Potter and the philosophers stone? Not unless you have an import copy of the book.
                              The french copy prints philospher's in canada. :P

just a bit of an update, the map is coming along well.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X