CS:S TeamSpeak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:S TeamSpeak

It would be great to the CS:S TeamSpeak server be expanded upon. Right now it's just... "Half-Life engine". It would be nice to have a section for "Server 1" and "Server 2," and maybe with subcategories "Terrorist" and "Counter-Terrorist" on both. Maybe this would help encourage the CS:S players to use TS... because I have yet to see anyone else on it.

Re: CS:S TeamSpeak

I'm not very familiar with Teamspeak, but whats the advantage of using it over in game voice chat?
    CS:S - |TG|Cpt. Christ
    BF2 - [TG]ikose

Comment

I have to ask that same question.

The only time I can see it being nessicary unless it does something I don't already know of.. is when no admin is there to turn allspeak on.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
        It would be great to the CS:S TeamSpeak server be expanded upon. Right now it's just... "Half-Life engine". It would be nice to have a section for "Server 1" and "Server 2," and maybe with subcategories "Terrorist" and "Counter-Terrorist" on both. Maybe this would help encourage the CS:S players to use TS... because I have yet to see anyone else on it.
        In-game voice is generally preferred, as everyone has it by default.

NS players you see in there are generally idling as they wait for a scrim of some kind, or are involved in one. For an organized team, TS (or Ventrilo, or any other third party voip program) can usually offer better voice quality than what's found for in-game voice. The NS server uses a higher quality codec (which for some reason isn't offered for the HL2 engine), so the difference on that server is less noticable than in CS.
        [volun2]
        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

As I stated in another topic.. I do not have any experiance with TS but all I know is it sounds.. much clearer. Or so I am told.

I don't think it should be required on any of our servers, but I do think that it can have it's uses.

In game voice is better, in my opinion, just because it requires no effort to speak as compared to TS.

AGain, correct me if I am wrong..

Comment

It is much clearer, and you can bind keys so that it's no different from using ingame.

Registered users can create channels on the fly (T, CT) without any effort.

Comment

Ok, well I didn't know THAT...

But what is to prevent someone from joining the other team's channel?

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                Ok, well I didn't know THAT...

But what is to prevent someone from joining the other team's channel?
                Well, you'd have to alt-tab out to do it, once you were in game.....or set up multiple binds to do it automatically (one for each channel).

Mostly, I think you will find this is a non-issue. Only time people would switch channels is if an admin was on the other team.

Comment

Teamspeak is better overall, the in game voice on CS is the equivalent of crap. The quality is bad, and using TS would be better on server 1 for those of us who want to play a good game of CS. One idea, make the in game voip alltalk, that way everyone can communicate, and make sure it is not abused, and then have TS for the team communication. Only concern in my mind with using TS is that if someone tries to use in game, then it could get quite confusing (heh, I think 9v knows what I'm talking about). Just a few ideas.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                  steve: OMG
                  steve: TOO
                  root: ****ing hell
                  root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

the address for the TG server on teamspeak is 67.19.106.94:8767, right? but i'm typing it into the server login screen, but it comes up saying: Bad Login (name and/or password wrong)

anyone know how to fix it?

Comment

You read all the required reading forums on TG. Your answer is contained within. :-)

As for using TS for CS:S.. We've kind of been through this a bit. It's unwelcoming for new players as they can't just pop on TS and thereby won't be able to communicate with their team and it provides a system condusive for abuse (dead men talking).
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Honestly, I think that it would only work out on server 2 as all the players there should be completely serious about their play. Then, I think it has a chance of working. Anyways, all the people who would be playing on server 2 also know that TG has a TS server that is there for us to use. Why not use it if it is clearly better?

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                        steve: OMG
                        steve: TOO
                        root: ****ing hell
                        root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Because it inherently opens up a billion new problems as far as I am reading in this topic.

And honestly... there is no huge problem with the CS speak commands. Why fix what isn't broken? There may be minor inefficiancies now and again but if it prevents even bigger problems.. I don't see why we should switch to full on TS.

Comment

Team Speak is a good tool. However, we run into the same old problem about you HAVE TO HAV A MIC (that works). It has been discussed already that not everybody can have one up. The other issue is that the in game voice for CS:S is much better than some of the games that Team Speak was created for. In a game that sever bandwidth intensive with in game voice, it is a viable option, this is not the case with CS:S. Another concern I would personally have is that I would have to create numerous binds to manage Squad/Team/Element chat, this could cause some confusion since CS is such a fast paced round based game (usually).
                            My opinion is that the in game voice works fine for the small numbers of people on a team since everybody is focused one specific goal.
                            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I don't think using TS for CS:S should be mandatory; no real need. Still, if members want a seperate CS:S channel...why not add one? Perhaps those of us who would like to contact members on the other force could use it. It's easier to say: "Vulcan, X just ran into the apts, could you explain the boundries to him" than it is to type. It's also far more informative than: "X is rushing!" I use the binds to list boundries, but it would be nice to speak to the other SM's should I need to.

Dirt013
                              Dirt013

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...