A Problem of Play on Server 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Problem of Play on Server 1

Trully I love playing on Server #1 and meet new people. A lot of times they see the title and are attracted to this prospect (especially if they read the motd). They then see the way we act and either immediatly get in the hang or take some time getting use to it. Either way I personally love playing with these people even if I have to teach some of the basics of PCS every time a new person gets on. It's great to find new people who like the same type of play as us TGs. Unfortunalty the openess of this server leaves it vulnerable to people who don't get it and/or purposely ruin the fun.

This has happened recently of late especially in the mid to late afternoon. Usually it is just kids and teens who think it is fun to ruin servers. The people I speak of are the ones who can not be reasoned with who enjoy other people's aggravation only. The answer to this is admins and temporary admins.

Now comes the true purpose of this thread. As of late and probably for quite a while there seems to be a lack of authority on the servers during the aforementioned periods of time. I wish to take time right now to say that I am NOT blaming the admins for this in any shape or form. They have lives to life even if we wish to think otherwise. But obviously the ones who ruin the quality of play on our server still go on to do so and unfortuantly as I have said nothing as so far has been done. I myself have played quite often recently especially during those times and found it deplorable to an immense degree. Why no one has recently mentioned this again as I know there is another thread very similar to this one yet nothing seems to have been fixed. Now wether or not the admins are doing something I don't specifically know but even if they are it seems to be ineffective to preventing this problem during the times mentioned.

Now since I am not a fundamental member of this community I don't have much power except it seems to complain. But I do believe many will agree with me on this point especially as of recently. I propose a few things that might help this situation although obviously they are only suggestions from a concerned member.

1. The easiest, although risky in certain ways, way is to get a few more admins, but I can imagine this shouldn't come easily.

2. Make a few of the members who regularly play at that time able to enforce the rules. If not I, then I know many who are worthy of it and would be inexpressibly a, for a lack of a better term, good thing for the server at least in keeping order at that time frame.

3. I only say this out of extreme case to password the server. We have another server passworded though so this is omissable.

As a final note, I do have much proof if for some reason you do not believe my claims and will happily PM you with it or at least with information on how to get it. I would also like to state that this thread is for the sole purpose of alerting the community and I hope will be regarded with serious commentary and at best action.

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."
    - "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

~ COD4 Sniper <--> Owner of the Golden Dragunov

Re: A Problem of Play on Server 1

i see you finally made a thread for this, eh Seph?

anyways, yeah i totally agree, i just came from the server, and we were having a few problems with rushers, swearing, etc.

but yesterday...oh, now that was bad, we had continous rushing, continuous TKing, continuous swearing, just making the server look like crap.

so if it is possible, i'd like to see something done about this as well.

Comment

This community is based around mature gamers, which generally means, yes, we all work, have lives, and all have interests outside of gaming.

Mid-afternoon coverage, when the kiddies run rampant in Steamland, suffers as a result. Mid to late afternoon is a noman's land as far as the server goes. Always have been. It's also well known.

The fact is, there is not enough admins to give 24 hour admin coverage of the CS:S servers. In fact, there is not a single set of servers here that provide 24 hour coverage.

That means that, with our available admins and t-admins, we provide admin coverage for the peak gaming times as best we can.

Off peak, you are better off going to server 2 to start a game, or reading a book, or playing something single player if no admins or t-admins are around.

Regardless of when you play, you should PM an admin with any steam_ids or tags from players that are problematic, as per the SOPs. That would be far mor effective than another thread of complaints.

Comment

With so many problems, i never recieve proper page_admins. This could be the reason you don't see any help arrive.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
          With so many problems, i never recieve proper page_admins. This could be the reason you don't see any help arrive.
          Yes I agree with you Vulcan. Some of the page admins are quite rediculous but so are some of the situations as well. But yes they should be addressed better but unfortunatly I have very little faith in that system as many of my properly put admin pages have never been answered. Hopefully that is because they were not on...

- "Children in the back seat cause accidents, accidents in the back seat cause children."

~ SephVal <--> TG-303rd Master Sergeant (MSG) <--> Distinguished Sniper - Class I

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
            This community is based around mature gamers, which generally means, yes, we all work, have lives, and all have interests outside of gaming.

Mid-afternoon coverage, when the kiddies run rampant in Steamland, suffers as a result. Mid to late afternoon is a noman's land as far as the server goes. Always have been. It's also well known.

The fact is, there is not enough admins to give 24 hour admin coverage of the CS:S servers. In fact, there is not a single set of servers here that provide 24 hour coverage.

That means that, with our available admins and t-admins, we provide admin coverage for the peak gaming times as best we can.

Off peak, you are better off going to server 2 to start a game, or reading a book, or playing something single player if no admins or t-admins are around.

Regardless of when you play, you should PM an admin with any steam_ids or tags from players that are problematic, as per the SOPs. That would be far mor effective than another thread of complaints.
            Yes I will e-mail you a lit of them with a screenshot of there offenses and Steam IDs if you would like. As I said in the thread, I understand that the server cannot be guarded 24/7, but a little bit more would be nice even if a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
              Yes I will e-mail you a lit of them with a screenshot of there offenses and Steam IDs if you would like. As I said in the thread, I understand that the server cannot be guarded 24/7, but a little bit more would be nice even if a bit.
              That would be more helpful. That way, I can pass the @ban steam_id onto the server, and have proof of why in case they show up with a "why have I been banned?" thread.

Comment

Have a read here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=55630

I don't recieve any page_admins during the afternoon with the exception of a few here and there. maybe you should use it more often properly.

- -

Comment

A free gift for the first admin to forward a PM they received from Seph about this. The PM must be dated PRIOR to his first post in this thread.

A free gift for the first admin to forward a PM they received from radicaldreamer about this. The PM must be dated PRIOR to his first post in this thread.

I'll bet all of the bank of englands money that I won't be handing out any free gifts on this one. Ergo, the SOP forum has not been fully read, understood and applied.

Originally posted by SephirothValentine
                  Yes I agree with you Vulcan. Some of the page admins are quite rediculous but so are some of the situations as well.
                  You make two unrelated statements. The extremely poor standard of pages received of late simply shows that, yet again, the SOP forum has not been full read, understood and applied.

When we suceed in growing TGCS to the point where PCS players from around the world are using at least one of our servers 24/7 this problem will diminish greatly.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

<-<
                    >->

I got nothin'.

:row__638:

<----Hey, check that out baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                      Have a read here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=55630

I don't recieve any page_admins during the afternoon with the exception of a few here and there. maybe you should use it more often properly.
                      Vulcan I actually take that with quite offense. I did not that afternoon use admin page as I have said the reason. I do make them out right so that is not the problem. Here: admin_page Name of offenser is doing a particular offense (that is all).

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                        <----Hey, check that out baby!
                        You boasting because you have 4 balls?!?!?!

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                          You boasting because you have 4 balls?!?!?!

Root
                          And they're GREEN. :icon19:

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                            A free gift for the first admin to forward a PM they received from Seph about this. The PM must be dated PRIOR to his first post in this thread.

A free gift for the first admin to forward a PM they received from radicaldreamer about this. The PM must be dated PRIOR to his first post in this thread.

I'll bet all of the bank of englands money that I won't be handing out any free gifts on this one. Ergo, the SOP forum has not been fully read, understood and applied.

You make two unrelated statements. The extremely poor standard of pages received of late simply shows that, yet again, the SOP forum has not been full read, understood and applied.

When we suceed in growing TGCS to the point where PCS players from around the world are using at least one of our servers 24/7 this problem will diminish greatly.

Root
                            I only posted this as I have seen this topic posted before and yet little if nothing has been done. PMing might be the proper procedure but seems inadequete in all senses. The purpose of this thread is to alert the community, PMing an admin does not have this affect and PMing all the CSS admins seems a bit excessive. Instead I have posted this for all members to see and think about. I don't blame anyone I only wish to be informitive.

Most importantly I said I would do this and I am a man of my word if nothing else.

Comment

Ok players are given a second private server for use, a page_admin tool, and SM's temp admin powers and that's not enough? I think it's quite enough IMO.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X