Milita

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milita

Iíve probably played at least 10 games in militia and every game there is controversy about which part of the sewers, is off limits. Personally, I believe that the back room in the sewers all the way until the first turn in the tunnel should be accessible to terrorists. If terrorists cannot enter these parts of the sewers it is nearly impossible to stop any CTs that come up the ladder into the backyard. Anyways, I am really starting to get irritated by arguing which parts of the sewers can be traveled by terrorists, so if anyone could clear this up it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    catcherguy247
    Last edited by catcherguy247; 09-01-2005, 12:32 AM.

Re: Milita

I have always heard and enforced that the T's can go as far as the second ladder. Not within view of it, as far as. Any T stepping at all past that ladder better have a good reason.

Comment

Concur with Kark.

Comment

T's your OBJECTIVE is to GUARD the HOSTAGES. Do NOT go looking for kills.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

While that's all good and true, the pubbies need a set group of boundaries so that we may preach "You can technically go up to here but there is no reason to be there in the first place."

And I have actually won rounds by camping in the sewers, watching the turn by the second ladder. If no one comes rather quick, I jolt up and get in the house. If they do, I stop them or attempt to.

If I get caught up trying to stop them and get back to the house in the meantime, and everyone else dies and I finish the guys in the sewers.. I go to CT spawn because they have obviously tagges hostages and are inbound.

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
            If I get caught up trying to stop them and get back to the house in the meantime, and everyone else dies and I finish the guys in the sewers.. I go to CT spawn because they have obviously tagges hostages and are inbound.
            If the CT's tag the hostages because you're in the sewer, you are hunting for kills and have failed in your objective.

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by catcherguy247
              If terrorists cannot enter these parts of the sewers it is nearly impossible to stop any CTs that come up the ladder into the backyard.
              Why can't you just camp the sewer exit and shoot them as they get to the top of the ladder? That's practically a free kill.

Comment

yep, put two people on guard at a sewer exit, so much easier to kill them as they come up.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Zebra
                  Why can't you just camp the sewer exit and shoot them as they get to the top of the ladder? That's practically a free kill.
                  That's way too elegant a solution. :icon7:

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                    If the CT's tag the hostages because you're in the sewer, you are hunting for kills and have failed in your objective.

Root
                    If your fallback plan is unexpectadly deterred and you are delayed in such a way that you cannot get to the hostages before they are tagged, then rerouting to their rescue point or some place that the CT's MUST pass is your only option.

A similar case is on Italy if there are 2 people watching apartments. If the CT's do a really fast rush through and kills the people at the house before they can warn, and runs out into the house, it can happen faster than the 2 T's can get to the house and stop them. In that case, the T's fall back to CT spawn.

So while Azzman should not be unable to get to the hostages, if the rest of his team fails their part then he has made the correct choice going to CT spawn.

If you make the rules so that under ALL circumstances the T's MUST be able to get to the hostages before the CT's, then your only choice on most maps is to camp the hosties. Changing it to under the vast majority of circumstances gives the game more variety, because otherwise T's cannot spread out to defend choke points.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                      If your fallback plan is unexpectadly deterred and you are delayed in such a way that you cannot get to the hostages before they are tagged, then rerouting to their rescue point or some place that the CT's MUST pass is your only option.

A similar case is on Italy if there are 2 people watching apartments. If the CT's do a really fast rush through and kills the people at the house before they can warn, and runs out into the house, it can happen faster than the 2 T's can get to the house and stop them. In that case, the T's fall back to CT spawn.

So while Azzman should not be unable to get to the hostages, if the rest of his team fails their part then he has made the correct choice going to CT spawn.

If you make the rules so that under ALL circumstances the T's MUST be able to get to the hostages before the CT's, then your only choice on most maps is to camp the hosties. Changing it to under the vast majority of circumstances gives the game more variety, because otherwise T's cannot spread out to defend choke points.
                      If the defensive team is using decent communication the situations you describe should be extremely rare.

Comment

Originally posted by Zebra
                        You right, if your playing games with a bunch of noobs. A CT with a half of a brain and any experience in CSS would throw a flash up the ladder. The point is that if you cant get any real choke points, how are you supposed to win a game. Anyways thanks for the help, and I'll bring this tread up next time there is an arguement about sewers in militia.
                        thanks,
                        catch

Comment

Originally posted by catcherguy247
                          You right, if your playing games with a bunch of noobs. A CT with a half of a brain and any experience in CSS would throw a flash up the ladder.
                          Yes, or a HE.

The point is that if you cant get any real choke points, how are you supposed to win a game.
                          Prevent the CT's from taking the hostages. That's the objective. Choke points are not essential to winning the game.....

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy
                            If the defensive team is using decent communication the situations you describe should be extremely rare.
                            Precisely, they are. Those situations do, however, arise.

Originally posted by rTG_Mateo
                            event the CT's from taking the hostages. That's the objective. Choke points are not essential to winning the game
                            I am sorry, but I have to disagree here. If the choke points are not looked after, the Ts are most likely all crowded up in one place nearby the hostages. Perhaps spread teribly among two rooms. One flash and it's all over, you are sitting and waiting to die, and that doesn't protect the hostages.

Comment

Besides, having played militia......Its very hard for cts to get all 4 hostages without taking out most of the terrorists. Remember When your team is under fire you are to fall back to your objective and re group. So if you see your team start getting killed off then your objective is to get back to the house and prevent the cts from killing anymore of your team or running with hostages. Sure watching the sewers prevents easy access to the yard around the house but it also takes 1-2 of your team away from house duty and allows cts a better chance to run over the rest of your team. Teams are to communicate and work together towards there objective. Key word is Objective. If you are in sewers and the cts grab the hostages then you evidently werent communicating with your team and you are nowhere near your objective and in no position to stop the cts.
                              Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
                              Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X