Admin change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin change

I was just playing contra with mateo and only one or 2 other TGers. As can be expected all the pubbies coming in, staying, leaving were constantly rushing, being slayed, being warned. The situation was getting a bit irritating and of course when you have multiple rule infractions happening every round you tend to get a bit less forgiving with your warnings/slays. Mateo had to leave, which would have left me as the only player with admin powers. Just as I was about to lay down the law vulcan enters (rendering the server adminless until he was IN the game btw which led to un-warned rushing). Not bashing vulcan by any means here, but he did not know the severity of the rule breaking that was going on, didnt know who had been rushing, who had been going off and playing for themselves and so fourth. I don't know...the whole situation was a big frustating mess. I'm just kind of stating the case to see if anyone can think of a solution I guess.

Re: Admin change

Is the solution you not explaining the situation to Vulcan upon his arrival?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I joined and didn't hear of anything but complaining from everyone, i am not gonna start kick/slaying people for something that was said to be done. With that said, everyone knows i'm pretty tough, but i will try to help someone learn our style that's why it's server 1. I was not notified of any particular people either.

- -

Comment

Recent similar posts suggest it is a better idea to sidestep to certain SOP procedures and contact the admin to speak with the issues. Just hate seeing a bunch of threads like this, especially when there isn't a lot we, as a general community, can do. Also, when posting a problem, it's best to give a solution. =D

Comment

Poe said everything that needed to be said, I do believe.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
            Recent similar posts suggest it is a better idea to sidestep to certain SOP procedures and contact the admin to speak with the issues. Just hate seeing a bunch of threads like this, especially when there isn't a lot we, as a general community, can do. Also, when posting a problem, it's best to give a solution. =D
            Someone give Poe some + rep. I can't. :row__593:

Comment

I did.

Comment

I handed off to Damage because Vulcan wasn't around, and Damage was the one SM assisting me in keeping the game on track. So that gets +rep right there.

The correct thing to do, when you have been T-admining, is to tell the admin what is up. Normally, the admin will wait for the noobykin to hang themselves again before acting, but at least we know who to look for. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Damage Inc.
                  Just as I was about to lay down the law vulcan enters (rendering the server adminless until he was IN the game btw which led to un-warned rushing).
                  Agreed. This is a issue that all temp admins deal with when a full Admin enters the server, they are unable to do any admin functions until they leave. Maybe simply changing a setting would allow T-admins to keep powers when a full admin is on would stop that.

Another thing I think that needs to be addressed is creating a slot for a Admin/T-Admin to "ghost" admin. The game is diffucult already, but when you are having to play and Admin at the same time it becomes next to impossible.

Only in a Peter Pan - Easter Bunny world willl server 1 be perfect. There always be people joining that do not know the rules or care for the PCS game play style. Having 14 admins on won't change that, there is potential room for 1 who beaks the rules. Thats why there is server 2 for when it gets unbearable, I can't really remember any body getting kicked from that server. Ok there were 1 or 2, but they were regulars who were beligerent with the admins over a tactical judgement call.

You also have to learn to lighten up a bit on server 1, it is a game with freindly play that people are either trying to learn PCS, practice it or whatever. Once they grasp the full ideas behind PCS that is when you get into the serious game play that always is on server 2.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

The best thing T-admins can do when an admin is on, is help them with finding people. Depending on the admin you'll see quick results. I have to ask people i trust to give me names of people who are acting out of line, when it should be common place for those people to speak up. I've noticed an increase in communication though with some people on helping admins.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC
                      Agreed. This is a issue that all temp admins deal with when a full Admin enters the server, they are unable to do any admin functions until they leave. Maybe simply changing a setting would allow T-admins to keep powers when a full admin is on would stop that.
                      It's one of these either/or things. When admins come on, we are using the same mod that the t-admins use, only with full access (we can ban, for one thing). So we have priority, and that locks SM's out until we leave. I don't think we have the resources to change that right now.

Another thing I think that needs to be addressed is creating a slot for a Admin/T-Admin to "ghost" admin. The game is diffucult already, but when you are having to play and Admin at the same time it becomes next to impossible.
                      You get used to it after a while. You just have to keep an eye on the text, and another on the game.

Only in a Peter Pan - Easter Bunny world willl server 1 be perfect. There always be people joining that do not know the rules or care for the PCS game play style. Having 14 admins on won't change that, there is potential room for 1 who beaks the rules.
                      Server 1 will not be perfect. But, we don't want players going untrained in PCs onto server 2, so we do our best with server 1.

Server 1 is not a pub: it is a training server that is open to everyone. Players that don't get it, or don't want to get it, won't be there for long.

Thats why there is server 2 for when it gets unbearable, I can't really remember any body getting kicked from that server. Ok there were 1 or 2, but they were regulars who were beligerent with the admins over a tactical judgement call.
                      There should be no bans/kicks on server 2.....although they are happening more frequently as you guys start using it more. We admins assume that using server 2 means you have an understanding of PCS principles and are ready to put them into action....backtalking an admin is not one of those principles. :icon19:

You also have to learn to lighten up a bit on server 1, it is a game with freindly play that people are either trying to learn PCS, practice it or whatever. Once they grasp the full ideas behind PCS that is when you get into the serious game play that always is on server 2.
                      Agreed.....but noone is going to learn if we don't enforce some basic rules.

I let alot of stuff slide, so does Vulcan, in an effort to train.

#astraxia last night, went right into T spawn. He didn't see that I banned Drevious for doing that, and once I psayed him, he stepped in line. Server 2 would be automatic ban, as that is the only hard border (until the bomb is planted....).

Also, I see a lot of kill hunting that I let slide, since I'm trying to train the newcomers. That causes some grumbling among regulars, but we can't expect someone to just log in and get PCS.

Comment

In theory it's not a pub, or isn't meant to be.

But I certainly use it as one. Maybe, however, my definition of pub differs from yours.

Comment

In no way was I bashing vulc, he just didnt know what was going on in the server. I DID say the CT's have been rushing every round, and I remember spotting 2 rushing CTs and calling it out on voice comm. Regardless...someone said something about T-admins keeping their power. If I'd had any power left at the moment I saw rushers the round vulcan joined (where I broke and got sick of it) I would've suicided and spectated, caught the rushers names, and slayed them. All of that im now realizing would be unnecessary if I could have seen their names as they were running. Sorry guys, I don't know...this whole situation just enfuriates me

Comment

Originally posted by Damage Inc.
                            All of that im now realizing would be unnecessary if I could have seen their names as they were running. Sorry guys, I don't know...this whole situation just enfuriates me
                            Relax. Take a deep breath. Go outside and kick a puppy or something. :row__687:

According to the logs, last night you had the following admins on board: Vulcan, Fenix, and myself, all on between 7PM and 12AM. I didn't look past that.

That's in addition to the t-admining you and others were doing.

That's acceptable coverage.

We are fighting the world on this. Most of the players in the CS:S world are asshats. Pure and simple. When they come to our low ping server, they think they can play like they do everywhere else....and then we have to teach those we can, and slay those we can't.

Not every night is going to be good. Last night was a fluke...I haven't seen a night that bad in a while. But they do happen.

That's what the banhammer is for.

Comment

rushing is going to happen and so is alot of unfavorable things on server 1. We've come to expect that it will happen and i always act on them. Last night in particular i didn't hear anything you were saying because there was alot of talking and chatting in text. It's pretty easy to pick up on rushers and have the issue resolved. I also can't see who's rushing when i'm playing so i check names when they die or go spectate if it's a problem that i can't see while playing.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X