This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, I was shocked..

I could've thrown up at the behavior today on CSS.

I was playing Compound with a bunch of TG wearing people. A few of them listened, so let me start with saying that I appreciate them listening, even if they argued with me.

I'll get names if I am asked for them, but let me continue with my story.

The t's were getting owned, I'll admit. I was getting frustrated with the loss, I'll admit, but when I see a CT on top of the shed practically wall hacking through the walls that you can see through from the top of the shed, I get upset.

Then, after that, almost the entire CT team fires a BARRAGE of bullets into the shed on the terrorists and hosties inside.

I saw grenades going off inside, and etc.

Now, my problem was mostly with that, but even after I addressed the CT team, I was told to, and I quote, "stfu man," by a tag wearing forum member.

"It's just a game..."

Then after that, I got an "emote", by the same person who told me to, "stfu man," saying, "***calls on the almighty GOD ROOT." That isn't exact but close enough. Ya know, I know you're going to read this, and I know who said it. In my day of PCS, you would be shunned out of exsistance from this community.

Root would slap his almighty hammer on you, and the rest of the heathen running around this community, so quick you'd be crying for your momma.

We are focusing too much on BF2, I believe. Servers are almost always empty for other games during prime times, and etc., and all of our members are running rampant with ignorance of the REAL values that TG holds true to themselves.

Once, I was told that I needed to grow with TG, not understand TG. Now, I've grown. I've grown to love the people here and the talent here and the attitude here. When I was growing in TG, we didn't tolerate people who did as they pleased in a game. We had a set way of doing things, and that was that.

I played CSS the other night with hastapee and a few others, and the admin were on the ball, but this was ONLY, and I repeat ONLY, after I raised the topic. The admin were only kicking TK'rs and people who didn't follow objective. There was NO planning. There was NO team work. It was utter chaos on the PCS server. PCS has been in TG for longer than most things have, and I believe that it is one of our STRONG foundations.

Sure, our recruitment has gone up due to the number of people playing on the BF2 server, but not EVERYONE plays BF2, and I believe we are forgetting that. I know I did for a while.

I still cannot believe the behavior today of TG tag wearing people. It made me sick to my stomach.

Atleast now I know I'm not playing CSS anymore anytime soon...

-Mom
    Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: Today, I was shocked..

Was that a big complaint followed by a defiant "I quit," or was there an attempt to help the situation and/or offer a solution that I missed in reading all that?
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      Was that a big complaint followed by a defiant "I quit," or was there an attempt to help the situation and/or offer a solution that I missed in reading all that?
      May I had to the part of the SOPs stating what to do if there was a complaint about certain players?
      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

I'm not quitting TG, I'm simply not playing a game that I was addicted too for so long, due to the way TG plays and the people in TG, because of the downfall of it's, shall we say, standards.

The "I quit," in game came after a dispute that was NOT ending in an adult fashion. I simply left the game to post here, not so much as quit.

I attempted to talk to the CT's, and nothing was happening. I figured, since there wasn't an admin around to talk to, I'd just come here and post on the topic.

The reason this is an open post is because I didn't name any names. I'm not complaining here, or bickering at the least, I am simply stating that the stability of TG's lesser games is losing it's grip on what TG stands for.

We should RESPECT all other players, and today, I got exactly the opposite of that from several different people.

If I were here to complain, I would PM the people that the incident happened with, and an admin accordingly, but I'm not here to complain. I am simply here to give my opinion on the above.

As far as a solution goes, I have none. That's not my job. I pay for my slice of TG, just like most of the rest of us do. If I had a solution, I would more than happily smile and offer it to you, but I don't. I'm not a very good people person, and I don't think you'd want someone like me trying to solve this particular problem.

Wyzcrak, I know you remember the PCS days, and I know you remember how we used to do things. I was WITH you half of the time, right behind you, stealing your kills. My point is NOT that I am quitting or I want revenge for the way I was treated in the PCS server, it is that we are not winning at this situation. I can understand that we are all very stressed right now and with the new influx of players coming into TG and wanting reserved slots from the BF2 server, it's hard to handle all things.

I don't want to ramble, nor do I want to shorten my opinion. I am only posting this in hopes that you will see that there is a problem within TG, and that it needs to be fixed. How you do it is beyond me, but you've done a damn good job so far.

-Mom
        Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Comment

If you voice an opinion that expresses "pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment" (that's "or", not "and"), you've just made a complaint by voicing that opinion. It's the very nature of a complaint.

To complicate things further, you're asking people to CHANGE based on this complaint.

As has been demonstrated many times before in this and other forums, namelessly dropping hostile and/or dramatic accusations is just about the least (ooooo [highlight] tag) effective way to bring about change.

My recommendation? PM an admin, replace the drama and exaggeration in your tone with something more professional and measurable, offer what you can toward a solution, and hope for the best.

If you choose to continue this thread (and moderators allow you to), I hope I'm wrong in forecasting your certain failure to produce significant results with such broad and unnamed accusations, as I am confident your end goal is only to help.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Why is this not in the CSS forum?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
              Why is this not in the CSS forum?
              Good question.

First, there is the SOPs:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151

And the admin list is here:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=30580

Clearly, names should have been given to admins.....If they are wearing TG tags, we can look in the logs, find out who they are, and strip their tags and take other appropriate remedies.

Then, there is this thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=59063

Where I talk about the mid-day coverage.

Sephiroth, and others, routinely wrote these types of threads, saying "the sky is falling" and did little if anything to help the situation, or give admins the tools to remedy it.

Frankly, anyone that can't be bothered to do so is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Comment

Why don't we all just discuss the situation here now that it's out in the open? Discuss as in come to a common ground or solution - everyone who plays Counter-Strike: Source here, including myself.

I haven't really noticed what Yer Mom's talking about, but then again I haven't played yet today. I will say this, I have noticed a drop in PCS quality of play, but not nearly to the extent of which Yer Mom is describing. By drop in PCS play I mean a lack of communication, but maybe it's just me. I like to communicate everything...I want enemy locations pin pointed, I want to know how much health you have, what weapon you're using and how much ammo you have, what (if any) grenades you have, what your location is, etc. That's how I like to play the game, personally. It's just that a couple times as a CT on a hostage rescue map some of the team just runs off without saying anything. I'll sit at spawn and say something like 'So...where's everybody going? Do we have a strategy or are we hunting for kills?'

Really that's about all I've noticed as of recent, aside from the usual new people (usually late at night) who are rushing, but I haven't really even had a problem with them after a quick 'Type motd and visit www.tacticalgamer.com to learn how we play here'.

My solution to this problem? Well, I don't really know what else to say other than if they are wearing the TG tag and not playing by TG PCS standards, then they clearly haven't read the rules/SOP's and therefore should not be allowed into the servers - ala banned. Is that too harsh? I don't know, I wasn't there. But by the sounds of what's being described here, that would be my solution.

For the latest on the , , and , visit the .

Comment

Gives

names

to

admins.

:)

Again... you giving us a name doesn't send us out in some pack to find the offender's first born child. Give us names of offenders so that we can straighten people out.

We can't kick the CS pub smacktards fast enough, but this thread isn't about CS pub smacktards. We can reform the behavior of regulars, and we will remove them if we can't.

But, to be frank, I don't see results coming from a thread of this nature.

To make a risky analogy, imagine Mayor Nagin getting up in front of everyone and saying "Well holy crap. I didn't come here to live so that I could watch looters destroy the city. We need to remind ourselves what New Orleans is about before everything this town stands for is gone." No. The man sends people out to arrest the wrongdoers.

You're not going to change from a soapbox the behaviors of anonymous players over whom you have no control. Remove their anonymity and let us control them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
                    As far as a solution goes, I have none. That's not my job. I pay for my slice of TG, just like most of the rest of us do.
                    Oh, you're so wrong here... Do you think that there's anyone at TG that gets paid? Every single admin here pays the same amount to help keep this community running as you do. Apophis requires it.

If members of the community didn't come up with solutions to problems, TacticalGamer simply wouldn't be what it is today...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I think that mom is not the offender here by simply making this post, certain things need to be known publicly by the community. I also believe that mom is not complaining he is simply trying to make an inspiring post that would lead to change. I have seen many posts of this nature. We at TG must remember our morals and the standards that we uphold for our games. I too have noticed the lack of teamwork on TG's CS servers. It sickens me, just plain sickens me. It is sick to think of what has become of TG's once beautiful servers. I am complaining but I donít believe that I care, isn't that the way things work? Complain until you get your way? Not really, that is not what this is about. This is about inspiring others to straiten up in their play because the game just is not fun anymore. I don't think that I will be playing much CS either, at least until the servers have shown improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        Gives

names

to

admins.
                        That's about as easy as it gets. It's a group effort by those who believe to bring under control those who don't.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Yer Mom
                          As far as a solution goes, I have none. That's not my job. I pay for my slice of TG, just like most of the rest of us do.
                          1) TG is a community, not a dictatorship.
                          Originally posted by www.m-w.com
                          Main Entry: com∑mu∑ni∑ty
                          Pronunciation: k&-'myŁ-n&-tE
                          Function: noun
                          Inflected Form(s): plural -ties
                          Usage: often attributive
                          1 : a unified body of individuals
                          Unified body, not a slavery-like group of people ran by a wicked tyrant. The environment is by no means trying to squash the ideas of the community, suggestions, nor are they deaf to them. They are surprisingly responsive, in fact.

Now, being part of this PCS community, you are free to offer a solution to something you see as a problem (unless, of course, a moderator/administrator tells you otherwise. Only one way to find out though, yes? There's always PMs). Truly, I would think it would be rather welcomed. One person cannot see all the issues in one thing - it takes multiple perspectives to get an honest good view.

To other things you have said, yes, I have noticed a few issues (though smaller) among the |TG| wearing players. But there are ways to take care of them. PM admins if they are not online, page_admin, etc... In fact, there are plenty of ways listed here:
                          Counter-Strike - Official Rules, Announcements and SOPs.

As I said in another post...
                          Originally posted by poe
                          Recent similar posts suggest it is a better idea to sidestep to certain SOP procedures and contact the admin to speak with the issues. Just hate seeing a bunch of threads like this, especially when there isn't a lot we, as a general community, can do. Also, when posting a problem, it's best to give a solution. =D
                          When stating a complaint to the public, it is a negative thing to simply complain in public view, and even private. What is good is constructive criticism. If you see a problem, offer a solution. Issues are not magically remedied by immaculate admins (Nobody is perfect, as nobody knows the answer/solution to everything). They also take time - do not expect everything to be solved simply by telling players to obey the rules, or refering them to the "motd/rules" or the forums. A lot don't read it, and the |TG| people tend to find it offensive. Check out the SOPs for the proper procedure for complaints.

Back to the issue you mentioned though. There are the quality PCS players wearing a |TG| tag, there are those who just want to be apart of something larger than themself, and those who just want more free reign. I tend to see much more of the first, but the latter two are existant. What can be done to solve this, then? Action needs to be taken. If you see a problem, address it. If you cannot fix it using reasonable means, then seek something higher. There is a thread saying how to file complaints in the SOPs. You know what this means? The admins realize there might be problems, so please do not disobey the guidelines they try to place, and help them help you.

Unfortunately though, server 1 tends to be more of a "pubby server," with looser PCS ties than the other. This makes it more difficult for any admin on the server, but not only do pubbies act freely, but sometimes even TG members will. So, follow what I've already said too many times, and look to the admins again.

And frankly, the reason I write such a long response is because it has become irritating to see more of these threads pop up in the forums. Not only are they bothersome and create a negative air to the environment, they are none-too-pleasant and do little to help with the problem they have brought up.

Comment

I personally see nothing wrong with Mom's posting of this thread. In a community, when one person has issues with a general trend, admins finding out about that dislike does not facilitate change very much. Because the regulars make up the community. The admins should be used to deal with individual situations cropping up. Only the community can deal with a trend. And there has been a negative trend here. Writing out a well worded post with the stated intent of informing rather than complaining should be encouraged.

The only thing I've really noticed is that planning is pretty minimal, and I too am often guilty of such a thing when I have the bomb. "Everyone rush A hard, no staying back and sniping"."A very slow advance through the middle, 2 people up the stairs. We go the way of least resistance, and the stair people secure and then hold from the top our chosen bombsite", without even specifically dictating to people, usually fails. People dont listen, or dont understand, or whatever. It seems like the ability of people to understand and follow through with plans that take more than 5 words to get out has fallen. That definitely is one problem. People breaking the rules etc can be dealt with directly, forcibly, and easily. They do not require public attention most of the time. But peoples inability to dictate, accept, or follow true plans is a real threat thats beneath the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                              when one person has issues with a general trend, admins finding out about that dislike does not facilitate change very much.
                              If only one person has a problem, change is not, nor is a melodramatic thread demanding it, necessary or called for.

If many "have issue," and they each individually PM an admin, the admins will address it.

Trust me... nothing gets the attention of a team of admins faster than four of them coming to the admin forums to each report what they think they've heard about exclusively. If we see that we're all getting pinged privately on the same issue, we WILL focus on it.

Originally posted by poe
                              it has become irritating to see more of these threads pop up in the forums. Not only are they bothersome and create a negative air to the environment, they are none-too-pleasant and do little to help with the problem they have brought up.
                              Yes, it is irritating. I said what I meant in my first post. I have confidence in Mom's intent to help TG. But you don't let your friend climb the water tower with a bullhorn and a roman candle just because he's got a valid complaint about the neighborhood. You go to the authorities.

If this is SUCH an ISSUE, guuuyss...

Why do admin PM inboxes remain empty?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X