The TG Environment and Community

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TG Environment and Community

Lately I have been disappointed to see the numerous threads spring into existance addressing what they see as issues in the TG server(s). I write this only as a dedicated player supportive to the environment that many have worked hard at creating and maintaining. Now, there are a list of threads that perhaps everyone might need a refresher on (Anyone find it odd they are all in the SOPs?). I myself did, too. I by no means am trying to demean the other members of the TG community, insult them, or take shots at them because of their threads. They obviously feel it the right thing to do. But, there are better ways in going about things. So please bear with me.

1) Server Admins
    Don't know your admins? They are all listed there. You can even look to see which one you have the best relationship with, so you might feel more comfortable in speaking with them. Though, I have played with all but Wyzcrak, and found them all to be exceptional people and invaluable additions to the TG community.

2) Tactical Gamer : PCS Player Standards
    That links to the thread detailing the basic guidelines every TG member is expected to follow and play by. While many of us think we are doing just that, a reminder never hurts, and can in fact be a good thing. Maybe people lately forgot about If you fail to cooperate then your team will lose confidence with you as a player and may file a complaint with an admin as to your playstyle. These complaints will be taken seriously and investiagated. If you wish to file a complaint about a certain players teamplay, please send it to an admin via private message (PM Icon) or e-mail."?

3) Communicating issues to admins
    page_admin: call an admin to the server when you need help
    When there are troubles within the servers, these two threads specify how you can inform an admin for hopefully a quick response (if nothing else, they are now aware of the problems). I found it helpful myself to reread this, and I feel more comfortable that the admins are there with open ears, and form ways of offering their assistance to the servers without necessarily being there when the problem occurs. As one of them says, do not abuse these abilities, but if it becomes required of you (not only as one having problems with the player, but as a dutiful member of the community) to report this.

4) SOP: Admin complaints
    Everyone is different, and everyone here is human. We all have our bad days and our good days, and every last one of us has a perspective upon things somehow different than another person. If one of the admins deals with an issue and you feel they did a poor job, then it says what to do here! It is insulting and demeaning to the community to create a thread for the purpose of speaking how a(n) (t-)admin has dealt poorly with a situation. So please, for the admins and for everyone's sake, please read this and obey it. (Please note "At no point during the process do you start a public thread in the forums.")

So as to not be labeled a hypocrit, I have reread the entire SOPs and important threads in that area. I feel much more secure in my understanding now, and I simply want to share that with the rest of you. You aren't alone here. By the definition of community, let us unite.

Thanks to the dedicated admins of the community, we have been granted a wonderful server to play on, along with a BONUS PCS-exclusive server, and even a forum to talk to one another. Let us not scar and break what has been formed - let us work hard to make it the best that it can be. We are a team, a family, and let us form the tight-knit group we were meant to be!

I am still relatively new to TG, but have found it a welcome and wonderful place to be. If we can work together, as we were meant to, we can create a place that reaches our goals. I long to see "perfect," but it shall never happen, for humans are not perfect. But TG and PCS is all about doing your best to help one another in your objectives. Let's do this. Our objectives in game are to plant/defuse the bomb, or rescue/defend the hostages. Our objectives as a member of TG is to ensure that others play as the servers intended them to - politely. Our objectives out of the game is to make the TG environment the best that it can be.

Community, Environment, and Enjoyment. Duty, Dedication, and Determination. The CEE's and DDD's of what I make to generally be the TG objective. And remember - TG is not just you. We are all in this together, so let us improve it all together.

And as a final note, anyone and everyone that has done their best in whatever way to assist/improve/help the TG community, you have my honest gratitude.

Re: The TG Environment and Community

I think this post is very appropriate and it's great to see this comprehensive reminder posted spontaneously without needed yet another reminder from the admins. 5 stars.

Comment

Exemplary.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Very well thought out and articulated Poe. I like the fact that you link several resources into one thread. That should become a “Sticky” on the forum for everybody to read. A beer on me for you! (when you are 21 of course:row__542:)
        "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Nice post Poe. Good to see someone not complaining about things for once.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
          steve: OMG
          steve: TOO
          root: ****ing hell
          root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

We need a few more people like Poe to join.... People like you make the game fun and tolerable.

Edit: I also recommend that this post be sticky'd
            |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Tremendous work, poe. +rep. Now, if you could only show me how to use the scout like you and uchi do, I'd be all set!

Comment

Awesome post! Thanks for the friendly reminders.

See you on the battlefield. :)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
                  Nice post Poe. Good to see someone not complaining about things for once.
                  Thats a bit hypocritical...

Anyways, nice job poe. If I knew what rep was, why it was necessary, and knew how to give rep, I would give you 2 points!1
                  Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
                  |TG| Shifty Powers and |TG| KungFuChicken

Comment

User Reputation FAQ

:row__542:

Comment

Hypocritical?

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=57968

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58115

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=59063

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58531

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58474

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58293

5 posts complaining, and possibly more that I didn't even catch since 8/12. I think that speaks for its self.

Before anyone says anything, yes, one of those is by me. The first link goes to a thread started by me that was complaining about poor quality of play. In posting that, I was going against the rules. I should have brought it up directly with an admin, given them names, and they would have taken whatever action they found appropriate. If there was an admin in the game at the time I had problems, I would have brought it up with him, via a PM on the forums.

To end my post I will say this, there is too much complaining on the forums, that is in my opinion of course. And that I believe that if something is bothering you, make a positive out of it, by posting not that you had a bad time in the server, but rather, an idea that could prevent it form happening again, something realistic, that could actually be done. Not "we need more admins", or "we need to give everyone on he forums temp-admin powers!!!1one". Those are ridiculous solutions to problems. The worst that can come from posting a positive and realistic idea, is that people say that it is a bad idea. Complaining gets nothing but negative rep in my book.

-Steve

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                      steve: OMG
                      steve: TOO
                      root: ****ing hell
                      root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Complaints are not meant for this forum, so it's not merely your opinion.

On a side note.. I can't give rep to Poe!! I did it like 2 days ago!!

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                          So give someone else some rep, and then give Poe more rep! :row__591:

Comment

:icon6: :icon6: :icon6:

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                              Ha! I did...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X