No announcement yet.

Anybody still around that remembers me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody still around that remembers me?

Hey guys!

Been a while. I've been thinking lately about everyone I used to play CSS with and I miss it.

I joined the Army this year, finished basic training back in May and am getting trained in my job right now. That being said, I tend to have nights and weekends free. I don't have some crazy gaming computer right now, just my macbook pro. Guess I was wondering if anyone plays any games that I'd be able to play. I can install windows on here if I need to or if anyone plays web-browser games I would love to get in on that.

Other than that, how is everyone? Is anyone even still around? Haha
    "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
    "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Re: Anybody still around that remembers me?

i check the forums every couple months.. not much activity.. 32nd for life!!!
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

aw, my 32nd banner sig broke!
      powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Hah.

As of a month ago my Steam account hadn't been logged into for 6 years. Kerbal Space Program pulled me back onto my PC for some gaming and I fired up CS:S for the first time in that long to see how things are.

Haven't found a good tactics-driven game server in my low ping area yet but if you guys want to try and meet up sometime I'm not completely horrible.

The good news is that a $70 PC plus a $60 video card can run CS:S without breaking a sweat. Benefits of playing 10 year old games.

Comment

There's still a few of us around Clef. Download and install Insurgency there are still a few of us gather for some team action on the Unkl's server.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

It's been awhile since I've been on the site. I sort of stopped playing CSS when TG let it die. But I'm around. I'm more likely to respond to a message than anything. I've mainly been playing single player games, been busy enough I didn't want to commit to online when I might have to walk away 5 minutes after I finally get on. Hope the army's going well, man.
            "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I realize that this thread is months old, but I would just like to throw my $0.02 in, from a more general community building perspective, as I have seen this sort of thread over and over at TG over the years. I see here in this thread the slightest embers of interest in building a community, but it will take more effort than that to fan the flames and get it going again. Effort put forth to coordinate game play times at first, or even just hanging out in that game's TeamSpeak channel could be the beginnings of drawing attention / interest.

If that effort / interest level maybe is not there any more (whether on the part of individuals or the wider collective community), you guys could perhaps consider other titles? We have some very active communities here at TG right now in titles like ArmA, PS2, and Squad (and perhaps others, NS2? etc.. and probably even more I am unaware of because they are simply not on my personal radar). I am not sure if your rig will run any of those, but PS2 is a free to play that can be run at low settings on relatively modest hardware (I think?).

I just hate to see people come and go and not find what they are looking for. That old school TG camaraderie, teamwork, tactics, and community is still alive and well here, you just may need to put in a little more effort, and/or adjust your expectations, perhaps explore other titles. Again just my $0.02. Best of luck!

EDIT: I'm not really an "old school" guy like you guys who were the originals going back to like CS, etc. I came in later with BF2 but especially Project Reality. But it's guys like you, some of who went on to be squad leaders in PR who I used to look up to when I was new in that title and new at TG, who I emulated and eventually became a decent squad leader in my own right. Then I brought that experience to newer titles like PS2 which I have had a bigger hand in that community. And now the newer generation is coming in to that title (and others). But you know how the kids are these days. Therefore we can always use some salty old vets for proper seasoning. :) Come join us in PS2! :)
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

lol look at you Randy. If you get these guys to come play PS2 I would have to give you a hug man. Your amazing bro. Yeah just so you know Assault plays PS2 also. I have seen Chunga and a few others at times. Huge game with a lot of tactical adventures :) Thanks again Randy. It would be nice to see these guys in the game. Chat to ya'll later.

FUN FUN

Comment

Sgt. Pepper reporting!

I'm not sure what prompted me to even log on, but I started thinking about all the fun times I had playing with the TG community. It's a shame it isn't going on anymore in either CSS or GO. TG had the best maps and community. I hope it starts back up sometime!

Comment

Hey yeah the only ones that continue to play at times last time I checked is Ednos, Stunt and the crew they usually get in there TS. I may have to give them a visit if I can find them again :) They jump around on a bunch of games like testers :)

FUN FUN

Comment

I'm still around from time to time, and can be reached via Steam. :) o7 to all the PCS guys!
                      If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                      with any questions or concerns.
                      |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Hey, if you see me online playing another game but you wanna get some CS:GO started, hit me up. If I have the time, I'm in.
                        "We can not ensure success, but we can deserve it." - John Adams
                        "Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks." - Forrest Gump

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X