our skins...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our skins...

maybe it's just my computer, but i saw our models being all shiny. what's going on?

Re: our skins...

My friend had the same issue once, and it was due to his video card. This is just a guess, but turned off the "shader detail" might fix it.

Comment

I thought that they were supposed to be shiny.....
      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

i use a laptop ati radeon 9000 IGP, so far, the models are way too "shiny"..and just now, i found out that my night vision doesn't work.
        Last edited by Nightfire; 09-25-2005, 01:44 AM.

Comment

crap, someone explained it the other day while i was playing on server 1, there is a command with a variable of 0 or 1, its default is 1 and it makes everything shiny, 0 makes em dull, sorry i cant help too much, but just to let you know its a command in the game, think it has to do with the recent patch.

Comment

the recent patch screwed everything up :(. the nightvision doesnt work anymore and the game takes longer to load up. what good has the recent patch done to us?

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
              the recent patch screwed everything up :(. the nightvision doesnt work anymore and the game takes longer to load up. what good has the recent patch done to us?
              Thats odd my nightvision works.
              |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

no, my nightvision only makes the crosshairs go red...nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by SkidMark
                  Thats odd my nightvision works.
                  So does mine. In fact, I was lost on cs_militia_tm2(?) yesterday without NVGs. That's a DARK map!
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Militia is rather bright. What the hell.

Comment

Cing puts his sunglasses on when he plays CS, so to him, everything is dark.

Turn up the brightness a bit maybe, Militia isn't a very dark map. That is, unless you go into the garage when the lights are off.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                      steve: OMG
                      steve: TOO
                      root: ****ing hell
                      root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
                        Cing puts his sunglasses on when he plays CS, so to him, everything is dark.

Turn up the brightness a bit maybe, Militia isn't a very dark map. That is, unless you go into the garage when the lights are off.
                        The new "tm2" version? Behind the rocks in the front yard, it was pitch black for me.

Maybe it's just my monitor? I can adjust the gamma and brightness of my video card, but CS just darkens it again as soon as I launch the game. :icon9:
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          The new "tm2" version? Behind the rocks in the front yard, it was pitch black for me.

Maybe it's just my monitor? I can adjust the gamma and brightness of my video card, but CS just darkens it again as soon as I launch the game. :icon9:

I have that same issue. I made a bind that whenever I press "Alt+f1" in-game, it resets the colors. I can make it brighter or darker whenever I want.

Comment

Originally posted by poe
                            I have that same issue. I made a bind that whenever I press "Alt+f1" in-game, it resets the colors. I can make it brighter or darker whenever I want.
                            How do you do that? I've got the brightness set to the lightest it will go in "Options" for CS. Are there other commands that can make a difference?
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Maybe:

mat_monitorgamma : 2 : : monitor gamma (typically 2.2 for CRT and 1.7 for LCD)

Mine's actually set through my video card. ATI Radeon 9000 Pro.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X