Why are we complaining?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are we complaining?

Lately I have been hearing a lot of people on server 1 complaining about the rules of the servers. This wouldn’t bother me if this only happened once but it seems now that every time I go on the server I hear complaining. The people I am talking about are not the pubbies, but instead the TG members who play everyday and should be setting the example for the pubbies. What can we do about this? Also where can these people go to talk about there differences? Lazarus was one who spoke his mind and got his thread locked, so if we have a problem with anything do we have to always go to the admins and waste their time? I think that there should be maybe a chat room on the site where we can go after a game and discus are differences. thanks :)

Re: Why are we complaining?

Originally posted by lucky15234
    Lately I have been hearing a lot of people on server 1 complaining about the rules of the servers. This wouldn’t bother me if this only happened once but it seems now that every time I go on the server I hear complaining.
    My take on complainers: there are 9000 or so servers on Steam for complainers to go to of they don't like our rules or our admins. Continued complaints are dealt with swiftly.

The people I am talking about are not the pubbies, but instead the TG members who play everyday and should be setting the example for the pubbies.
    I think you are confusing regulars with TG members. The TG members that play, generally, are a good lot, have read the SOPs, and understand and practice the game we play.

But wearing a TG tag, or frequenting the server, does not make them a "member". Most are not registered here, have not read the SOPs, and under prodding, they won't do so. As long as they continue to tiptoe around the rules, we are OK with them being there, but I wouldn't say they are members of the community, nor could be considered PCS players.

What can we do about this? Also where can these people go to talk about there differences? Lazarus was one who spoke his mind and got his thread locked, so if we have a problem with anything do we have to always go to the admins and waste their time? I think that there should be maybe a chat room on the site where we can go after a game and discus are differences. thanks :)
    The SOPs are pretty clear about this. If you have a problem with a player or admin, a PM is the way to go. We really don't want everyone "airing their greivances". It's counter-productive.

If everyone has read the SOPs then they should know that we require respect and maturity on all of our servers, not just CS:S 1. If someone is out of line, or disrespectful, then it is not a waste of time to bring in a admin....it's required.

Comment

Most of the people I am talking about have been playing PCS longer than I have, and have read the rules and understand them, they just dont agree with them and they think that in the game is the time to disscus these issues. Mateo your probley right most of these people might just be adding the TG name and lying about how long they have been playing. Should the Site put up a chat room to disscus these problems, maybe discussing these problems will help people ressolve them.

Comment

If they are discussing valid strategies and how to do things, then it's all good to post it up in the tactics forums. However they usually can't be bothered to do that. Complaining in any manner won't be tolerated. Server 1 is for learning, so while you play on server 1 just keep that in mind, and help people understand the best you can.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by lucky15234
          Most of the people I am talking about have been playing PCS longer than I have, and have read the rules and understand them, they just dont agree with them and they think that in the game is the time to disscus these issues.
          Ahh, now I know of whom you are speaking. This is for the admins to deal with, and we are monitoring the situation.

Mateo your probley right most of these people might just be adding the TG name and lying about how long they have been playing. Should the Site put up a chat room to disscus these problems, maybe discussing these problems will help people ressolve them.
          The players you speak of do not frequent the forums, generally, so adding a chat room or anything else would be talking amongst ourselves.

PM names to the admins, let us deal with it.

I just wanted to pick up something quickly that you said: PCS players do not disagree with the rules. It's not something you can pick or choose: either you are PCS, or you are not. End of story.

If you've read the SOPs, put the principles in action, and uphold them with your last CounterStrike breath, then you are a PCS player.

You may not know every nuance of PCS, but with the principles guiding your actions, you will know what is out of bounds when you see it.

If you've read the SOPs, disagree with them, and comport yourself in a way counter to PCS principles, or general TG rules, then you are not a PCS player, and probably shouldn't be here at all.

Comment

PCS players do not disagree with the rules. It's not something you can pick or choose: either you are PCS, or you are not. End of story.

Awesome, i think im going to make that a bind:P
            Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
            Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

Well, to clear things up, I posted a thread on the topic of crackjumping. not only was that thread closed, but my t-admin status was revoked because I stated that I wouldn't slay and kick people who were jumping normally. I didn't recieve any warning from any server admins. I was told to reread the rules and that I wasn't a PCS player, despite the fact that i've been frequenting this community for 8 months now.

I'm not posting this information to whine or complain, or ask for my t-admin status back. I pay my 8$ a month for my reserve slot, not the t-admin features. My purpose is to inform you all that this is not a democracy. The server admins make the rules and expect us to follow and enforce them. If you dont, at the very least you'll be slayed or kicked.

The internet is a cruel place. Elitism and authority go hand and hand. I've learned this thru my many years as an IRCop, Forum Moderator, and running various gaming servers myself. I spoke my mind, and while I did not know the specific consequences, I knew there would be consequences.

I suggest we all accept the fact that 'crackjumping' is not allowed, and get on with our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by balboaemt
                PCS players do not disagree with the rules. It's not something you can pick or choose: either you are PCS, or you are not. End of story.

Awesome, i think im going to make that a bind:P
                No one can 'be' PCS. They can adhere to the PCS rules, but they cannot physically be them.
                Last edited by AzzMan; 09-28-2005, 01:02 PM. Reason: hypocritical

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                  No one can 'be' PCS. They can adhere to them, but they cannot physically be rules.
                  Ah, semantics. I could have said "be a PCS player", I suppose. ;)

Comment

Durr! By quoting my old post, you made me look like an idiot.

Comment

you made me look like an idiot.
                      priceless!

- -

Comment

I always look like an idiot. Ironically I'm far from it.

I just play one on the internet!

Comment

I always look like an idiot. Ironically I'm far from it.

I just play one on the internet!
                          You should play role playing games....you're good at it!

j/k. :icon16:

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus
                            Well, to clear things up, I posted a thread on the topic of crackjumping. not only was that thread closed, but my t-admin status was revoked because I stated that I wouldn't slay and kick people who were jumping normally. I didn't recieve any warning from any server admins. I was told to reread the rules and that I wasn't a PCS player, despite the fact that i've been frequenting this community for 8 months now.
                            This isn't up for public discussion, but since you brought it up and I don't want to lock this thread, I want to clarify that you didn't have your temp admin status revoked for any one specific thing and especially not for the situation you described above. It was for a number of complaints and issues that all of the CS Admins considered. If you ever want temp admin status back, inaccurate posts like this one will not help. We're not trying to punish you for anything, we're just looking for good representatives of TG that understand PCS. Once you've learned and demonstrate that you understand PCS, you'll get your temp admin back.

As I said, this isn't up for public discussion. If you care to discuss this with any of the admins, feel free to send any of us a PM. DO NOT address this issue in a public thread again.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              You should play role playing games....you're good at it!

j/k. :icon16:
                              You're damned right I am, because I already do!

Min/maxing a lvl 2 Gammorean soldier in a Rise of the Empire Star Wars campaign as we speak, really.

Edit: rules are good, I like our rules.
                              Last edited by AzzMan; 09-28-2005, 01:35 PM. Reason: need on topic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X