CS:S Captian's Game Awards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:S Captian's Game Awards

Is there any way that we can acquire awards similar to BF2 in CS:S? It would be great if there would be an MVP of each captain's game, or some award for areas of interest such as: Great Strategist, MVP, Best defender, best attacker, etc. I don't know, but some kind of award system in the CS:S would draw more players to TG and CS:S.
    The best way to implement this would be in captain's games. Everone wants to display those little awards, so it would atract more participation.

Re: CS:S Captian's Game Awards

*coughs* First picked? :P

This is a good idea, in my opinion, but only for official games. Tournaments maybe, or maybe there could be a special competitors' bowl where people duke it out in an ultimate PCS match and awards are given appropriately.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
      Is there any way that we can acquire awards similar to BF2 in CS:S? It would be great if there would be an MVP of each captain's game, or some award for areas of interest such as: Great Strategist, MVP, Best defender, best attacker, etc. I don't know, but some kind of award system in the CS:S would draw more players to TG and CS:S.
      The best way to implement this would be in captain's games. Everone wants to display those little awards, so it would atract more participation.
      I'm working on a modular sig similar to the one I have for BF2, something along those lines. Stay tuned.

Comment

This gives me a reason to polish my amazing planning skillzzz

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
          This gives me a reason to polish my amazing planning skillzzz
          Rush B is not a plan. :icon12:

Comment

It certainly is! But "Rush b through x while y and z do a, and b makes a diversion using a flash and smoke in that order at 5:30 at c", now that's a bigger plan.

Comment

Beth I'll give you a spelling award if you can spell captains correctly ;)

The dev team is looking into the whole award thing, but CS is a very fast paced game, making it hard to give awards. Also, there are no dedicated roles such as medic etc. My biggest worry is that awards will lead to kill hunting in pursuit of any awards.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Then make it so most of the awards don't involve your kdr. You don't need to kill 63233902948 people to be a good defender. You pin down the bad guys and they go away. You're defending X.

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                  Beth I'll give you a spelling award if you can spell captains correctly ;)

The dev team is looking into the whole award thing, but CS is a very fast paced game, making it hard to give awards. Also, there are no dedicated roles such as medic etc. My biggest worry is that awards will lead to kill hunting in pursuit of any awards.

Root
                  Well, an MVP award wouldn't be for killing the most players. For example, the MVP award could be awarded to someone who followed their objective without any deviation, and used excellent planning skills. Something that doesn't associate the players’ score with the award. I would have to think for a while to get a bunch of awards down and reasons for giving them out, but it can be done. I really think this would attract more attention to the Tourney games, official games, and captain's games. Maybe there could be a lowest score "Effort Award", which I am sure you would always win.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X