Weapon Profiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Profiles

This site has a listing of all the CS:S weapons, and details about each.

CounterStrike UK

Let me also point out the long-debated m4 piece:
    The Colt is probably the best Counter Terrorist weapon in their arsenal. What makes it so special is you can attach a silencer to it, which can prove to be an advantage or disadvantage over your enemy. If your enemy is not aware you are near him, it is effective at getting the drop upon him/her. However, if you are to confront your enemy, it may be wise to remove it. This is because you get better accuracy without the silencer, and a higher rate of fire. With the silencer, you can empty a clip in 5 seconds. Without it, you can empty one in 4 seconds. This can make a big difference.

I thought there might be some people out there who would find this site useful, and if nothing else, interesting. It's layout is a ton better than a lot I've seen.

Re: Weapon Profiles

how could it possibly be less accurate with the silencer on?

I always use the silencer because it's more accurate at any given point.

- -

Comment

I think they just have that part backwards, actually. But the 4 sec/5 sec thing sounds rather accurate, because I've always been a bit suspicious of that (and take off the silencer when I want fast firing).

Comment

I'm sure Cing or someone else who knows about guns will be able to clarify, but surely the weight of the silencer on the end of the barrel acts as a counterweight against the recoil pusing the barrel upwards?

I've never noticed the silenced M4 being any less noisy than any other weapon. Sure you get the different sound, but it seems to carry the same distance in CS as any other weapon.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

M4A1 Colt Carbine

Information

Price : $2500
          Country of Origin : Russia
          Calibre : 7.62mm NATO
          Clip Capacity : 30 rounds
          Rate of Fire : 600 rpm
          Weight(LOADED) : 4.79 kg.

Projectile Weight : 7.9 grams
          Muzzle Velocity : 2329 feet/second
          Muzzle Energy : 1992 joules

Wrong. The M4A1 is an american invention. It originated here in the good ole USA. Here are the real specs:

US M4 Carbine
          Technical Summary

Caliber: 5.56 mm NATO
          Firearm action: Gas-actuated Rotating bolt
          Designed by: Derived from Eugene Stoner's AR-15 design
          Barrel Length: 14.5 in (368.3 mm)
          Overall Length: 33.5 in (850.9 mm)
          Magazine capacity: 30 round detachable box
          100 round detachable C-Mag

Effective Range: 360 m
          Maximum Range: 3,600 m
          Cyclic ROF: 700-950 round/min
          Muzzle velocity: 2,970 ft/s (905 m/s)
          Mass w/o Magazine: 6.5 lb (2.94 kg)
          Mass w/ Magazine: 7.5 lb (3.4 kg)
          Here is a link with the history and all good info on the m4
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Carbine
          Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
          Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

Ive actually went to wikipedia and researched most of the weapons listed form that website poe and like 1/2 were wrong for info anywhere from muzzle velocity to the round it uses, such as m4 uses 5.56 nato and its listed at 7.62 nato! Oh well, thought id point that out.
            Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
            Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

Originally posted by balboaemt
              as m4 uses 5.56 nato and its listed at 7.62 nato! Oh well, thought id point that out.
              Haha that's like the biggest mistake ever. Especially considering what they're both designed for.

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                I'm sure Cing or someone else who knows about guns will be able to clarify, but surely the weight of the silencer on the end of the barrel acts as a counterweight against the recoil pusing the barrel upwards?
                As someone who lacks training in longarms entirly, I believe the weight of the silencer isn't enough to compensate for the recoil.

Comment

A silencer on a rifle will act in the way it is meant to act, noise reduction and it will help to suppress the flash from the muzzle. It will not effect the recoil or "jump" of the rifle. Also, you would be more accurate with a weapon that has a lower rate of fire on full auto since it will allow greater control.
                  just my 2 pennies worth.
                  Ben

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Your 2 is worth more than mine at least. I've never handled a gun bigger than a little Bersa .38!

Comment

Originally posted by givati1
                      A silencer on a rifle .... It will not effect the recoil or "jump" of the rifle.
                      I've read factual information in the past that special ops police in the UK have flashlights fitted under the barrels of their MP5's to, among other things, reduce the recoil. I'm not arguing, and stand by my complete lack of knowledge on the matter.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                        I've read factual information in the past that special ops police in the UK have flashlights fitted under the barrels of their MP5's to, among other things, reduce the recoil. I'm not arguing, and stand by my complete lack of knowledge on the matter.

Root
                        Weight on the end of the barrel won't do what you think it would do to affect recoil. Adding any sort of weight to a gun will reduce the recoil (think physics. You've got an explosion that causes two things to fly away from each other: a relatively tiny piece of lead and a large gun. The heavier the gun, the more energy required to move it.). I think you're talking about muzzle flip, which is a specific attribute of recoil. M4/M16/AR15s don't have much recoil at all, much less muzzle flip. Didn't someone post a video of an AR firing full auto recently? Anyway, adding a chunk of lead to the cleaning kit chamber in the buttstock would reduce recoil more... In fact, that's what a lot of competitive shooters do, they put lead in the handguards and buttstock.

In real life, a suppressor shouldn't have much of an effect on anything except the noise and flash from the muzzle. If the shooter regularly flinches because of the sound, I suppose accuracy could increase... :icon_wink
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by balboaemt
                          Ive actually went to wikipedia and researched most of the weapons listed form that website poe and like 1/2 were wrong for info anywhere from muzzle velocity to the round it uses, such as m4 uses 5.56 nato and its listed at 7.62 nato! Oh well, thought id point that out.

Rember college kids invented this game not the Military!

Comment

actually cing, that's why i use the silencer in CS: S. It takes away the flash so i can see better what i'm shooting at :D. I won't admit to flinching when it flashed in a game... damn.

- -

Comment

I use it without a silencer because it shoots faster, apparently.

Though there is a bit of something mental going on too. I see my big gun and it makes a big boom when I'm killing people. I do better somehow that way.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X