Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T-Admins warning players when they're dead.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Admins warning players when they're dead.

Many T-Admins seem to have been getting frustrated not being able to use console to easily warn players. This has been especially frustrating when the T-Admin is dead and the player who is breaking rules is still alive. Well... After being in that situation and getting into a little trouble for kicking without warning, I took the advice from the Admin and did some research.

** HERE IS HOW TO WARN A PLAYER WHILE YOU'RE DEAD!! **
    Simply open console and use this command:
    ma_psay <part of player name or ID> <message>

Exmaple:
    ma_psay "RuLeBrEaKeR" RuLeBrEaKeR, please DO NOT RUSH, this is your only warning!

Note: The indicated player will be the only one seeing the message. Also, If anyone happens to have the name RuLeBrEaKeR it's only coincidence, please don't get offended.

Re: T-Admins warning players when they're dead.

You've discovered my secret alias!

Coo. When I saw the thread title, I must admit I was worried about another thread along the lines of "omgz this happened gots 2 do this!!" Way to spread the knowledge, Bruce. You should get a brownie point for:
    Originally posted by Bruce Willis
    Well... After being in that situation and getting into a little trouble for kicking without warning, I took the advice from the Admin and did some research.

Comment

Now I can sleep at night, knowing I can correct live players. I still wish that there was an easier way, or a way to warn all the players after I die.

Comment

Good tip and it works ok for people with regular charactors in their name, but unfortunately a lot of the pubbie fragtards that come in have all kinds of unicode in their names.

I've noticed that among the players who think that unicode in their names is cool, the amount of unicode in their name is directly proportionate to the "rushfest fragtard" factor.

If I'm alive and can warn the player, then public warnings will be the first course of action if possible.

If you have unicode in your player name and are improperly conducting yourself on the server, sorry but you are probably just going to get kicked since I don't know every unicode charactor off the top of my head in order to ma_psay you.
        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Originally posted by GhostintheShell
          Good tip and it works ok for people with regular charactors in their name, but unfortunately a lot of the pubbie fragtards that come in have all kinds of unicode in their names.

I've noticed that among the players who think that unicode in their names is cool, the amount of unicode in their name is directly proportionate to the "rushfest fragtard" factor.

If I'm alive and can warn the player, then public warnings will be the first course of action if possible.

If you have unicode in your player name and are improperly conducting yourself on the server, sorry but you are probably just going to get kicked since I don't know every unicode charactor off the top of my head in order to ma_psay you.
          I agree in principle, HOWEVER, mani lets you psay and kick partials. So if -=90**&ybEpCS=-~ is going off reservation, you can ma_psay ybepcs and it will find him.

Comment

Since you're going into console anyway, it only takes a second to copy/paste.

Comment

status lets you find out their player ID...much easier to type in a few numbers than text methinks....good to know...id like a list of all the commands we get to use....mani has seriously screwed our t-admining abilities

Comment

Originally posted by section-8
                status lets you find out their player ID...much easier to type in a few numbers than text methinks....good to know...id like a list of all the commands we get to use....mani has seriously screwed our t-admining abilities
                All the commands are on the mani documentation website.

Comment

Awesome, I didn't know I could do partials like that.

I stand corrected.
                  Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Awesome, I didn't know I could do partials like that.

I stand corrected.
                    Yeah, that's just one of the nice features mani gives you.

For example, say I want to give a suggestion to you, and Ghost is also on the server.

ma_psay Ghost how about planting the bomb?

Will go to both of you.

ma_psay Shell

Will only go to you.

After the Beetle mod, where you have to be exact in the name, that is huge.

Comment

So why dont we just keep Mani?

Comment

To send a console message to everyone you just have to type in the console:

ma_say message

It works just as before but in a nice bold green color thats hard to ignore.

Comment

Yeah... this thread is kind of irrelevant now. The server started allowing T-Admins to use console again the day after I made it. But within that 12 hours or so from when I posted it to when they made ma_say speak for console, that was some useful info!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                            After the Beetle mod, where you have to be exact in the name, that is huge.
                            Beetle supported partial names.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Temp admins should now be able to issue console messages. The format to use is :

@ This is the message that will appear from console
                              NOTE that there is a SPACE after @

Root
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse