Great Capt. Game Suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Capt. Game Suggestion

I have heard a lot of comments about people having to work on weekdays and not being able to make the capt. games. So thats when it hit me, Why not--every day--from just like 8:00 to 9:00 central time having a captians game. I have noticed that server 2 is really under-used and why not liven it up every night for about an hour? If you can't make it one night OH WELL ANOTHERS TOMMARROW!!!!! WOOOOHHOOOOO
    Catcher

Re: Great Capt. Game Suggestion

Great idea, I support it

Comment

hmm, that would work fine IF we had a good base of regular CS:S players. when it is just once or twice a week then there is a consentration of CS:S players on the server, instead of just a few one night, a few the next.

Comment

There are enough CS players, make it happen!

- -

Comment

YAY I MADE A GOOD IDEA!!

Seriously though, There are alot of TG regulars and srvr 1 has been rediculas with all the rushing and stuff. Seems like more pubbies than ever before!

Comment

catcher i think thats a great idea.Im all in.
            Walk softly,and carry a big stick.

Comment

Hey RD, its been a while since I saw you 'round these parts! I'd be up for this, and I'm all about people playing on server 2. But, theres a problem with the number of players we have who would be able to play every night. TG is made up of mature gamers, mature gamers normally have things to do outside of playing couter-strike, regardless of whether or not we want to accept that ;).

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
              steve: OMG
              steve: TOO
              root: ****ing hell
              root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

It doesn't have to be server 2. It can be server 1. Once we get the match mode figured out, you can get server 1 into captain's games. It can be a good learning tool for players who need it.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                  It doesn't have to be server 2. It can be server 1. Once we get the match mode figured out, you can get server 1 into captain's games. It can be a good learning tool for players who need it.
                  And I think think we all know we need more of this. This just may be a start.
                  |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

so how but we kick it off tonight, eh? im free ill be there
                    server 2
                    8 o clock
                    try to get in about 5 to 10 min early

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                      I imposed a Captain's Game last night on server 1. Imposed because the overall lack of PCS was shocking, so rather than repeatedly slay everyone, I thought a Captain's Game might be in order.

I nominated Catcherguy and Balboaemt as Captains, chose teams, and played. It worked, for about 17 rounds on cs_office. Hotly contested, well planned, solid match. BUT, 19 rounds is too long on a single map.

You can, with some artful admining, integrate new players into the mix though. I didn't hear any complaints by players joining.

Other than the technical aspects of setting up the match (rounds, map restart appears to be broken), I don't see any reason not to use server 1 for this.

It's is a superlative PCS training tool and should be an arrow in our admin quivver.

Comment

So, the matches are from 8-9 pm CST?
                        if so then THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!
                        if not then, darn, once again my life sucks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X