Last night's game on Prodigy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night's game on Prodigy

Just wanted to say it was a blast playing on Prodigy last night with you guys. That was an awesome game! All of us played exceptionally well... especially me, even though my score didn't reflect it. =)

Re: Last night's game on Prodigy

Hellya!!! I think it ended up being a close map.. with the T team winning 9-8!!! and we had under a minute left on the actual game clock. So it was back and forth just about every round. Great fun :D
    Dizlor

Comment

Yup.

A lot of people say Prodigy isn't PCS but I disagree. True, there is only two choke points, but with a properly communicating team, that leaves open some very effective distraction techniques.

Comment

Laz, just let me point out to you something that I find quite imprtant, and that I think a lot of people will agree with me on.

Originally posted by Lazarus
        All of us played exceptionally well... especially me, even though my score didn't reflect it. =)
        K.D.R FTL!!! Team score is ALL that matters. I got my PC fixed once again, so I may start playing CSS some more. It's been a while though :).

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
        steve: OMG
        steve: TOO
        root: ****ing hell
        root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Yup.

A lot of people say Prodigy isn't PCS but I disagree. True, there is only two choke points, but with a properly communicating team, that leaves open some very effective distraction techniques.
          It's deathmatch. The closest you can get to tactical play on this map is to successfully feint going one way and then go the other. boring.com

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Actually there is one tactic just beyond that.

Smoke LH like you're going to rush it, then have most of the team rush GH.

Then when they think they know what's going on, walk into the LH smoke and hop into the vent.

Beyond that it's basically frag frag frag frag end.

Comment

I disagree. Yes, the two choke points are limiting, but to call it deathmatch is harsh. Infact, I find on Prodigy the teams are forced to communicate even moreso then other maps, because of the two chokepoint issue.

Prodigy does have some tactical limitations, however, just about any other map is more deathmatch then prodigy. In prodigy you have clearly defined boundaries that people abide by even on pub servers. The map is very linier aswell, while deathmatch maps tend to be more open, with few real chokepoints. (IE: Port, Oilrig, Harvest)

If you disagree, i'd like to hear your reasoning why.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSteve
                Laz, just let me point out to you something that I find quite imprtant, and that I think a lot of people will agree with me on.

K.D.R FTL!!! Team score is ALL that matters. I got my PC fixed once again, so I may start playing CSS some more. It's been a while though :).
                Yep. Thats why I said I did excellent, despite my low score. =)

Comment

Prodigy does have some tactical limitations, however, just about any other map is more deathmatch then prodigy. In prodigy you have clearly defined boundaries that people abide by even on pub servers. The map is very linier aswell, while deathmatch maps tend to be more open, with few real chokepoints. (IE: Port, Oilrig, Harvest)

If you disagree, i'd like to hear your reasoning why.
                  Tactical limitations don't make for PCS maps. Clearly defined boundaries aren't PCS. Open maps without obvious chokepoints allow for a more interesting and tactical game. Prodigy is like dust - the REAL PCS players could play an acceptable game on either map, but that would be because of their attitude, not because the map is well made. Prodigy is, in fact, an urban de_dust.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

prodigy is complete deathmatch crap. It's divert and divert and divert and yet more divert. Back and forth we run, sit at the choke point firing our ak's and m4's at each other.

0 tactics.

- -

Comment

In my books all map are capable of PCS, some just require more planning and communication than others.

Well...... expect for train. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                        Tactical limitations don't make for PCS maps. Clearly defined boundaries aren't PCS. Open maps without obvious chokepoints allow for a more interesting and tactical game. Prodigy is like dust - the REAL PCS players could play an acceptable game on either map, but that would be because of their attitude, not because the map is well made. Prodigy is, in fact, an urban de_dust.

Root
                        I tend to think a good map should have 3 or 4 chokepoints at the most. If it goes beyond that and is too open, like Port, it becomes too much to manage.

I understand your points with Prodigy, and I admit that it is limiting. I just dont think it's a complete write-off. I think if we looked at our games on Prodigy, how often we get to plant the bomb, how close they seem, and the communication we constantly use, i just dont think it's near as bad as some of the other maps. Take for example Assault, where the CT's dont even TOUCH the hostages during the entire course of the game.

Infact, I propose that all Prodigy needs to make it a much more enjoyable map for PCS would be to extend the vent system towards the T garage area. That would give 3 routes, with the third (vent) route being more risky due to tight quarters. Might be a good idea to add a vent leading into the Guardhouse too.

Comment

Infact, I propose that all Prodigy needs to make it a much more enjoyable map for PCS would be to extend the vent system towards the T garage area. That would give 3 routes, with the third (vent) route being more risky due to tight quarters. Might be a good idea to add a vent leading into the Guardhouse too.
                          That would certainly improve prodigy. Port is crap because it's a race to the boat. Assault is deathmatch, and will be removed from rotation once custom map downloading is restored.

Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

If I were to create a custom version of Prodigy for us, Would it be possible to add it to the rotation?

Comment

If I were to create a custom version of Prodigy for us, Would it be possible to add it to the rotation?
                              I don't know. I lack the knowledge to answer it. Ask me if I'd look at it and consider it or at least offer suggestions that would make it more PCS-like. The answer to THAT question would be absolutely I would.

And then you can re-make some other maps for me :)

Root
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...