No announcement yet.

Admins, T-Admins and console...

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admins, T-Admins and console...

"The console is not a toy, it is a faceless voice of authority[.] ... Poorly worded @say messages look dumb, and don't do anything to boost the level of respect a player is going to show you." -Root

Those are some words I hold strong belief in. I'm not trying to bash on any admins or complain at all, only express my opinion on how I think the console should be used. I really never see any misuse of the console, Admins and T-Admins are great about using it to warn players and keep the server in order. The only thing I think might need some improvement is how the messages are worded. I try really hard to use correct grammer, punctuation and spelling whenever I use console in order to help boost TG's respectability. I think it's really important to make console messages look good for the sake of TG. I know it's not a rule to use proper punctuation, grammer and spelling, but it's something I think we should all (and most of us, most of the time, do) put alot of effort in.

Anyways, tell me what you think. Thanks,
    Bruce Willis
    Last edited by Bruce Willis; 10-15-2005, 11:15 PM.

Re: Admins, T-Admins and console...

I just programmed in the standard console messages listed in .143 Beth's posting on the topic earlier.

I thought they were really well done, and adopted them as soon as we got console functionality back.

I suggest for every t-admin to use them, or similarily worded console messages.
    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Re: Admins, T-Admins and console...

T Admins are supposed to be using the messages I put in the temp admin guide.

T Admins are supposed to be wearing a |T-ADMIN| tag when they are performing that function.

I am not impressed with the standard of temp admining I have seen from a number of members. Changes will be made, and an announcement will be forthcoming.

BFCL TF2 league admin

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed