Additional PCS SERVER! (hopefully)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional PCS SERVER! (hopefully)

Hello Lovers of TG. Recently I have heard many people talk about how they wished there were more PCS servers around... Well, I plan on making one, Hopefully by the time most of you read this it will be up and running. I obviously do not want to pose ANY opposition to TG and its Fine, excellent, and fast servers or its community( for even if that was my cause, I would not have the resources to do so anyway :).

I am simlply making a small, 12 slot server, possibly private, for the current Tg gamers to play on while slots are either full or at those odd hours of the day when no one seems to be playing on Tg. As I stated before, I am not in anyway attempting to pull good, loyal costumers and supporters of TG away. In fact, quite the opposite. I hope that TG will allow my small, yet well fuctioning server, to be an Official Affiliate. I have not brought this up to any admins or the owners of TG, but thats what I shall do as soon as i'm done with this thread. :)

There shall be a corrolating website up as well ( hopefully within the week )

If i do decide to make it Private, donations will not be neccassary, for once again, I am not looking to draw resources away from TG.

You can PM me here, or e-mail me for More information - [email protected]

Hopefully, I can create this small, supplemental server to uphold the standards that apply here at Tactical Gamer.

Thank you for your Time. Faust.

Re: Additional PCS SERVER! (hopefully)

Nice.
    |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

Well, i would, but i've heard the admin is a right *******.

;)

Comment

Haha :D. Well, Heres the Lowdown on the server set up and stats... An Ip will be comng here shortly but until then... heres the Gear.

Dual Intel Xeon 64bit 3.2GHZ "Nocona" CPUs

Western Digital Raptor 10,000rpm HardDrives

Kingston DDR ECC Registered 184-pin RAM

100mbit Connection Via Redundant Network

Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

I'll be running it from Killerpings.com. It may not be smooth and as fluid as I would Like to start... But i am completly new to running a server fro games. So, Hopefully one of you fine Tg'ers will help me out and point me in the proper directions in order to increase tickrate and not waste my efort with pointless things :)

Comment

If you want you could easily have more than 12 slots on it.

Well, depending on how much of that RAM you have.
          If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Well, at the moment it is running from a server elsewhere, I have no control over the Ram alloted other than what i pay for. If it does indeed grow , I will consider acutally buying my own and running it off of my T1. I don't want to jump head frist and drop over 3 grand on a server system ( possibly more ) if it leads nowhere. I do have the resources to create one and run it from my home though. If that ends up being the case, I will def. drop top dollar to make it as "733t" as possible :)

Comment

Originally posted by Faust09
              Hello Lovers of TG. Recently I have heard many people talk about how they wished there were more PCS servers around...
              A lack of PCS servers? I've found it's a lack of PCS players that's the problem.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                A lack of PCS servers? I've found it's a lack of PCS players that's the problem.

Root
                Agreed.

The good PCS games are the exception, rather than the rule, which points to a complete lack PCS players.

I wish you luck Faust, but we have 2 servers here already that we can't keep full.

Comment

I digress, at good hours of the day the server is almost always full.

However at the odd hours in the middle of the night, it's the 24/7 Office servers with 64 slots that stay almost full. God knows why.

Comment

Heh, yah... I'm only going month for month at the moment. SO if it doesn't work outm there isnt much lost :)

Comment

Originally posted by AzzMan
                      I digress, at good hours of the day the server is almost always full.

However at the odd hours in the middle of the night, it's the 24/7 Office servers with 64 slots that stay almost full. God knows why.
                      Theres hardly anyone on Server 2 though.
                      |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

True, and that is a big problem obviously.

That and the fact that we rarely if ever do captains on server 1...

Comment

Becuase office is a great map to just run and gun on when you are fed up with people.
                          If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Faust, I love the idea. Lately, I haven't had time almost at all to play CS:S because of school, and playing other games. But, when I do want to get on, the server is always full, and I don't have enough time to sit on server 2 and wait. So, I would welcome a server with at least 1 or 2 people on. If nothing else, you tried ;).

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                            steve: OMG
                            steve: TOO
                            root: ****ing hell
                            root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

well folks. It's up and running! 205.234.211.38 is the IP . It's not password protected, I am still debating about making it private for Tg members only. the corrosponding website can be found at http://omegacounterstrike.50webs.com
                              Please keep in mind, I am completley new to setting up a server for CS:S and do indeed want as much suggestive and helpfull input as possible. Don't hesitate to point out issues you find. Obviously the MOTD and the website are still a little raw, but all in good time it will be smooth and pretty :). So there you have It. once again the IP is

It's pretty stock at the moment. I have restricted the auto-snipes and AWM.
                              and will be adding aditional maps momentarily (while removing others such as tides).

It is running Beetlefarts Minimum Admin Mod. As for having admins, for now, It is just my little brother and Me. I will be searching for others though (temp and full) as soon as i figure out how to add them without giving them full resources.

Well, what the heck are you still doing reading this. Go check it out!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X