This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Brought to My Attention

It was brought to my attention today, on server 2, that flanking, contrary to the opinions of some people/admins who I have spoken to, is not allowed. I'm not sure if it's only certain maps that it's not allowed on, but just a warning to those who have said "flanking as a strategic plan is allowed," it may not be. I was kicked from server 2 simply for asking if it was. I would like to clarify the specific rules for server 2, and have read through all the CS:S forums, including all the general threads, and wasn't able to find a list of specific rules, so if anyone has a link to a thread or somewhere else on the website where I can find this, please post it here. I would like to play on server 2 because it is only registered users of the TG website, so please help a brotha' out, and let me know where to find these things! :row__580:
    :madsmile: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-hooooo-HA-ha-ho

Re: Something Brought to My Attention

There are no set boundaries (spawn, objective breac, blah blah blah), the PCS rules only restrict you from doing things that do not benefit the team as a whole (that and the objective). Of course, this means running up Long A in Dust 2 when you were scouting middle isn't a good idea unless there's a reason to.

For instance, you see the bomber going there and have someone take a position at the exit of that hall, then when they try and back out you get em as they come out. Going in would be unnecessarry.

Comment

for clarification, was server 2 almost full when you got kicked? you would have gotten kicked then by a supporting member trying to join, so you were kicked to make room for us.

Comment

There aren't really "rules". Theres no letter of the law. The number of potential situations is immense. Instead, you have to try and get a feel for the spirit of the law. Objective based gameplay is the closest to scripture you can get on this. Whats fine in one situation may be totally wrong in another very similar situation. You have to learn what exactly objective based gameplay encompasses here, ie it is in fact arguable that defensive flanking is objective based, but here it is not considered so.

Form your own view of Objective based gameplay and then trim it and expand it to fit within ours.

EDIT: You know, that angers me :(

Comment

Alright, thx for the info. I read up on the forums and everything, and, to answer the question "was it full?" no it was not. I was kicked for ASKING if flanking was allowed, and I logged back on only to be kicked repeatedly until I no longer wanted to play. I guess I'll lay low for a while on server 1 and then see if I have the PCS objective action down well enough to play server 2. Thanks guys.
          :madsmile: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-hooooo-HA-ha-ho

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|RdyToKillU
            I was kicked for ASKING if flanking was allowed, and I logged back on only to be kicked repeatedly until I no longer wanted to play.
            That does not sound like a TG admin....... :row__684:

Comment

Admins, correct me if i'm wrong, but this is how I understand it.

Strategic Flanking is allowed, ie: you know where the enemy is, how many are left, and you are positive you can get behind him. Take this situation... You're on Italy and there are two CT's left and they are both camping @ middle near the crate. It wouldn't be bad to go bridge, jump down, sneak up behind them, and kill them. Because you're not hunting for kills at that point.

Rushing under the guise of Flanking: Lets say you dont know where your enemy is, or you know where some of them are, but not all. If you were to just jump down off bridge, and start blasting CT's around middle/long hallway you'd be risking yourself and your entire team. You'd be hunting for kills with almost no strategic plan, and you'd be putting yourself in a very bad situation far away from the safety of your camp and the objective of your hostages. This is not allowed and goes against the spirit of PCS.

Also, you must take the hostages into consideration. Are they being covered? Do you think it's possible that while sneaking around, the CT's can rush in, grab the hostages, and bolt? Is it worth the risk?

Chances are, flanking is not worth the risk. But it is allowed if the strategic situation warrents it. I've done it a few times on Server 2 and havent been kicked there yet. =)

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|RdyToKillU
                I was kicked for ASKING if flanking was allowed, and I logged back on only to be kicked repeatedly until I no longer wanted to play.

Thats terrible. Stuff like this seems to be happening more often recently.

Just yesterday we were playing cs_office when we were warned not to throw nades into any part of the projector room. The next round... there may or may not have been a nade thrown in the projector room since I was only covering one door, however i'm pretty sure there wasn't. There was a nade, but our team mentioned it came from a T and not a CT. Anyway, the Admin slayed our entire team, wether we threw nades or not. I thought that was kinda unwarrented. We were having a good game, and I dont think things were out of control at all. Oh well.

The T's were getting slaughtered, and the admin in question was a Terrorist. It probably was a fluke.

Comment

If you have to ask if things are allowed, you are not ready to play on server 2.

You were asking to flank when there were hardly any CT's left, and none of the CT's had a clue where the T(s) were. That demonstrates a lack of understanding of PCS.

Server 2 is not an overflow for server 1. It is not a private server where TG'ers can play generic CS. It is for the hardcore PCS player to play PCS.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...