Talk TOO Much?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk TOO Much?

Ok guys, since I've been here at college, I just seem more into things when I do them. So for the past 2-3 months, I have been playing CS:S above average (in my own scale). I am really into CS:S, and the TG values, but when I was taking a shower just now, I wondered whether I am taking some aspects overboard.
    For instance, when I play maps that I am used to (office, dust2, parnesi, Havana, compound) I talk ALOT. Not just random jabber, but plans. I love to take command on those maps. I make these plans that some people don't understand sometimes, and I elaborate on them maybe a little too much. I don't want to be an in game nuisance to any of you, so I created this thread to get feedback on what you think of my voice chat usage. Is it too much, or just right, or pointless to even talk because anything I say never will work?

Re: Talk TOO Much?

You just wont shut up!!!!!!

Comment

TY, well all commenst are good comments here. I need to know what you guys think baout me. I don't want to be a bad person; nice eye in your avatar, btw.

Comment

I havent played for awhile now, but i know that when i did there were a few people that just wouldnt shut up. However that was unrelated to css and just random crap. As long as its about what is going on and not "OMG HE SHOT ME" or things like that i dont think anyone would mind. As long as its usefull info I dont have a problem with it at least.
        If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
          Is it too much, or just right, or pointless to even talk because anything I say never will work?
          There is no such thing as too much communication if it is game and plan related.

Comment

someone loves to hear themselves talk........
            Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
            Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

just slightly beth. To be the critic, which i don't like doing but i will for this. Your often talking what your thinking. As a tip i would gather what it is you want to say before saying it.

To answer your question overall yeah a bit to much chatter that's keeping others from communicating, just in my experience.

- -

Comment

At times yes it can be a little much, like Vulcan said you say what you think. But it is better to hear that then "OMG HOW DID HE KILL ME!!" or "WTH HE IS SO HACKING" or "I AM SO 1337" .

Comment

That's a problem I used to have. Think aloud but not into the mic. When something plan involvign comes up (spotting a target that could ruin the element of suprise or other) then you need to mention it. But if it's just common speculation ('check the roof' on Italy) then we all SHOULD know it anyway.

Comment

Once again TY for all the positive feedback, I am just trying to make sure I provide just the right amount of info to you guys while not spamming the voice chat with game related news, you guys know what I'm talking about, apparently, since yall have soemthing to say about it.

Comment

I always want to hear how things are going for my teammates. I want to know if you're under fire. I want to know how many enemies you are facing. I want to know if you're fighting a holding action against them or are trying to pick them off. I want to know if you're reloading so I know to cover you.

I want to know how my team is doing at all times. I want more than:
                      "They're rushing long hall."

And for those who think I'm too needy, replace "want" with "expect." I expect my team to work together and communicate important tactical information at all times.

When I see a teammates firing rounds at an area and they aren't communicating what they see with us, I generally come to two conclusions:

A. They don't care enough to play PCS.
                      B. They don't want backup because they want all the kills for themselves.

There probably are other options, but this is always my gut.

If you are the only person who uses mic time to communicate plans, actions, and enemy movements to your team: the problem isn't with you. It's with the rest of your team.

I will summarize this: I will never berate, discipline, or badger a player using the voice system for in-game and pertinent information.

EDIT: Ha! I found the thread I made a LOOONG time ago based around the same deal.

Comment

One of the things that really gets difficult is when you have a 7 man team of very active communications and you get them overlapping alot, especially when the opposing force makes a strong push at once.

Not much you can about that, but i personally prefer very short comms in that instance untill it's settled down, so the players can focus more and react while your team gets situated.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                          One of the things that really gets difficult is when you have a 7 man team of very active communications and you get them overlapping alot, especially when the opposing force makes a strong push at once.

Not much you can about that, but i personally prefer very short comms in that instance untill it's settled down, so the players can focus more and react while your team gets situated.
                          Agreed, im tired of hearing what Mateo is wearing right now. I want to hear what direction the T's are moving:P
                          Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
                          Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

I haven't played any CS (I'm more of a BF2 gal myself) but before I found TG I played often with a group that was on Teamspeak while they played. They constantly chatted about what was going on in game, at home, innuendoes, etc. I loved it!! I mean, when you're defending a flag without much resistance, or en route to a destination... I think it's fine to bring up the Astro's game (woot!) But they would always simmer down when in intense combat, and were always respectful not to speak over each other.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it depends on the group you're in. I don't mind talking; I love the social atmosphere it creates. But, my sis and I will form our own squad if we want to be "chatty" and we know it bothers the people we're with. Just be respectful, and communicate about your communciation. :D
                            I heart TG.
                            xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo
                              communicate about your communciation. :D
                              Nice one, lol.

CS is a bit of a different animal than BF2, there isn't really much downtime except for when your dead, which isn't that long either, unless we're watching poe trying to snipe the rest of a team or swazi one minute till he moves from his super secret nest of death.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X