I need Serious Answers to this question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Serious Answers to this question

Ok Guys, I want to know, is there is a "clean" way (ie. without screwing up the game) to tighten my accuracy? Is there a way to adjust the accuracy using technical commands? I have very little positive play from long range, but my short range CQB game is deadly as hell.
    I really would like to know what commands are available to tweak the game for myself to make things run better.

Thanks!
    Ben

All I ask for is communication

Re: I need Serious Answers to this question

hmm, i believe that there are lots of "scripts" that can ajust your fireing time, and other things that can ajust your accuracy. there was one for the glock that made it fire twice when you clicked once. that can really help you out. im not really sure how to use the scripts but try googling it and searching the forums, i remember somewhere that someone posted a script for CS:S.

Comment

cl_crosshairscale 3000

it helped me out, becuase the space between the crosshairs is smaller, and at long distances it helped me out

Comment

Scripting is so cheap. It removes the aspect of 'skill.' :P

I use a tiny crosshairscale, too. It does wonders once you get used to it. Pretty much if you are still and the crosshair is on them, it's a hit.

Comment

cl_enablehax 1

I havent been caught yet!

On a serious note... the calmer you are, the steadier your aim will be. If you get mad, count calmly to 10 before starting the next round. I've found the best way to increase my accuracy is to focus on becoming relaxed and calm.

Comment

Ahh, since Laz brought us more into the psychological aspect...

Don't try. Honestly. I'm a ton worse when I try, ironically. Just relax and enjoy the game, letting your instincts and actual skill take over. Doesn't focus too hard on the game and killing/etc, but be casual. And remain PCS. :P
            Last edited by poe; 10-20-2005, 10:23 PM. Reason: lolz poes cannt spellz @ alll

Comment

Practice more....seriously.
              Make a spray that looks like a target.
              Practice shooting with different guns at different ranges.

Use the game in its normal state and forget about the "technical commands".
              Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
              Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

I agree with ghostintheshell. One thing that makes for good markmanship is remaining steady and calm under pressure. The skill part is knowing when to take the shot. Very difficult and only comes with practice.

- -

Comment

ok, let me get this right....

1) relax dammit!

2) spray targets on the wall and practice

3) relax some more

the truth be told, when I see players running then taking their ak and headshot on first trigger pull, while the target is moving and shooting, it makes me think....How in the world is that happening? I understand everyone talks about relaxing and aiming, but I almost never see people in combat relaxing and aiming, rather I see them fire quickly and very accurately. I simply do not know how they do it. One of the best shots in this game, in my opinion, is "Player". I asked him yesterday to see this post and i hope he replies since we could all learn a few tips from him when it comes to shooting, especially with ak.
                  my question still stands...is there a difference in speed and accuracy if one has a better graphics card or cpu speed? Its not that I am l;ooking so much for cheap ways to improve, I am simply trying to understand how it is that some people seem to be godlike with shooting and others cannot seem to hit a barn from 15 feet even though they have been playing for years and decades and centuries.
                  Ben

Comment

Well high FPS will allow you to see smoother graphics and thus could improve your accuracy. There are a couple things here with Player and his ak. He's probably got timing down pretty well and most people move predictably in this game (ben you are one of them). I've learned a pretty good art to dodge bullets but that also means you aren't killing either. You know when you see those moves from players that are just a single sidestep and maybe a 2 step the other way, that's good footwork. It takes a while to learn that and good situational awareness is a must.

- -

Comment

The whole point is to learn how to play the game without using Scripts BEN I dont think that is natural to change the way the game is naturaly other than skins obviously, but anything that changes the way you play other than visally I dont belive is nessasary. I would even say that could be considers cheating in fact but thats my belifes get good with the way the game is made. Think of it as playing with hackers, play with them to get better even if they have the advantage. thats my suggestion to you Ben dont do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                        I understand everyone talks about relaxing and aiming, but I almost never see people in combat relaxing and aiming, rather I see them fire quickly and very accurately.
                        Are you talking about the real world now? That's all about practice and instinct. Did I mention practice?

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I am not talking real world, I have years of real world experience with military operations...rather I am talking about the game. Last night, for instance, I watched on italy as certain people would hit headshot after headshot with the ak. It was scary to say the least. I even managed to get behind the guy, ambush him, and he turns instantly with an AK headshot and I mean instantly. How in hell did he turn to my exact ambush location angled off to his left rear and then hit on his first round directly into my head...and this is after watching him do this for 45 minutes. Frustrating.
                          I play probably 1.5 hours a day for almost a year. I rank top 3 almost every game and I present good plans and good comms...I dont know what I am missing that these guys have seemingly perfected.
                          Either they have some relally great "hax" or they are simply unstoppable. It just seems so unreal to me that they can hit like that.
                          anyone know? is it a + of the ak that i dont know how to use? i am not talking about someone crouching and aiming for the head, I am talking about the shooter is moving, getting shot at and he hits HS after HS. I want to learn how to do it also.
                          (I am not accusing specific players of cheating, i simply want to know what is going on)

Comment

I don't personally do it but I know some people practice spraying bullets at head height with guns like the mac or tmp. I don't know about the AK.

I think if you are standing and keep your gun at the height that is on the same plane as everyone's head you stand a better chance of getting headshots than crouching where you have an upward angle.

I don't think I don't get a lot of headshots either. But I like to crouch.

I take more pride in hurting the other team, its not just about killing them. I think there's nothing better if I'm going to die than to leave the last two or three players with low health. It betters my teams chances for completing the objective.

I look at the console to see how badly I hurt the other team, and even if I didn't kill anyone, if I caused a lot of total damage to the other team I'm pleased with my result.
                            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

well given the secret to the AK in CS is the fact that the first bullet from it when you have 0 recoil motion is a railgun, it is possible to get alot of Headshots. Depending on the frequency of those headshots though i would keep a name and pm an admin about it.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X