Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All players, give this a try for a change!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All players, give this a try for a change!

Ok, here is my idea for this thread:
    I would like to see every player list 2 things:

1) What they can do in their personal play style to help the PCS standards of the TG experience (anything guys, just be honest)

2) What they would most like to see changed about or added to the TG servers. (just say it as you feel it, the upper command can learn from this and so can we.)

I will start the ball rolling...

1) I would like to use the 30 second buy time better and more efficiently for real team planning, telling which players to buy what, calling out objectives and tasks to individual players by name and then starting gameplay with a very clear set of tactics in mind going into battle.

2) I would like to see the TG server offer awards and or ribbons/medals to players that demonstrate team play/leadership, or rank that can be worn via your tag in game (from private on up the chain) and other meaningful awards and rewards for solid team and objective based players.

Please use this as a chance to really put a positive flow of information for our server. We all love it so let's get this rolling and offer our opinions and positive ideas.

Ben

All I ask for is communication

Re: All players, give this a try for a change!

1) I need to get better at talking with the other players. I think that some of us dont talk enough to each other and come up with plans. We all need to work on this!

2) Also I would like to see good admins on server 1 again and see server 1 back up and running hopefully not pass protected.

hope this helps Ben also fun game last night :)!

Comment

yea, last nights game (aztec) was hysterical..i laughed so hard i cried.

Comment

1. I need to stop getting frustrated when (ignorant) people don't want to play by the rules. I need to remember that the admins will deal with them.

2. I would like to see less people whining, and more people open to learning from the admins.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
        steve: OMG
        steve: TOO
        root: ****ing hell
        root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
          I will start the ball rolling...

1) I would like to use the 30 second buy time better and more efficiently for real team planning, telling which players to buy what, calling out objectives and tasks to individual players by name and then starting gameplay with a very clear set of tactics in mind going into battle.
          That's a Captain's Game. Nothing wrong with running those....we can do that all you guys like.

2) I would like to see the TG server offer awards and or ribbons/medals to players that demonstrate team play/leadership, or rank that can be worn via your tag in game (from private on up the chain) and other meaningful awards and rewards for solid team and objective based players.
          We are working on something like that for the Tourney, and in general. It's a little more difficult since the rounds are only 7 minutes long. We will come up with something.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky15234
            1) I need to get better at talking with the other players. I think that some of us dont talk enough to each other and come up with plans. We all need to work on this!
            Agreed. If you find ingame too limiting, use TeamSpeak. We have dedicated HL2 channels....go to it.

2) Also I would like to see good admins on server 1 again and see server 1 back up and running hopefully not pass protected.
            Good admins? Wow....hope Root doesn't see that. :icon_lol:

We are working back towards this. After the shakeout, we will see what's what.

Comment

The purpose of this thread is not so much for immediate answers but rather for a compilation of ideas, grievences and thoughts on improving the server and personal play of players. do not get me wrong Mateo, I do appreciate you and the way you are responding to the posts, but I really would like for this thread to run for a few days, let';s see what people say, then the admins could think about it, digest what the consensus is saying, and then act on it.
              Please dont take this personally as I do not mean to critisize, just the opposite, your answers are great and helpful, but can you and other admins please wait for a few days to answer. Actually, i would also like to see your opnion posted here on your grievences and ideas. (THE REASON i didnt pm you on this but put it here instead is so other admins can also understand my purpose of this thread...)
              Thanks for your understanding,
              Ben

Comment

1) Without wishing to sound big headed, I think I do enough round here already.

2) Those of you who bitch about this place to shut up and / or leave. Freeze time used for planning. Mics and / or say_team used for communication. Server 1 & 2 in use 24/7. A big increase in constructive use of the CS forum. People to stop telling us how PCS should be. More SM's so that we can have a third server that's active 24/7. People to stop rehashing the SOP forum. An end to people expecting us to provide a blow by blow account of whats permitted in every conceivable situation on every map. People to read, understand and follow the server rules (both the SOP forum and any rulings posted here).

Give me that for starters and we'll be on our way to having good times.

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

1) not sure at the moment

2) What Root said. Plus if it would be possible, have more admins that aren't always playing another game and rarely seen on the CSS servers. (But what Root said comes way before that)

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                    2) What Root said. Plus if it would be possible, have more admins that aren't always playing another game and rarely seen on the CSS servers. (But what Root said comes way before that)
                    The admin team pretty constantly reviews the level of admin cover we have. It's not always at the top of our to-do list, but it still gets done. Besides, if I get what I've stated I want in my previous post, we won't need as much admin cover. It should be unheard of for server 2 to need an admin to enforce the rules with our current setup. It should be unheard of for server 1 to need an admin to enforce the rules from TG members or from regular guests, even when it's fully open to the public.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

As long as the level of gameplay doesn't go back to what it was before all of this then that sounds great to me Root.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                        The purpose of this thread is not so much for immediate answers but rather for a compilation of ideas, grievences and thoughts on improving the server and personal play of players. do not get me wrong Mateo, I do appreciate you and the way you are responding to the posts, but I really would like for this thread to run for a few days, let';s see what people say, then the admins could think about it, digest what the consensus is saying, and then act on it.
                        Well, with all the moaning and all, it's hard to resist answering constructive suggestions. Sue me! ;)

Please dont take this personally as I do not mean to critisize, just the opposite, your answers are great and helpful, but can you and other admins please wait for a few days to answer.
                        You don't need to step around my ego. I'm cool with waiting.

Actually, i would also like to see your opnion posted here on your grievences and ideas. (THE REASON i didnt pm you on this but put it here instead is so other admins can also understand my purpose of this thread...)
                        Your wish is granted:

1. I'd like to get my game up to speed.

I admin pretty well, I run training scrimmages, I help out with the dev team, I communicate well, I run plans and follow plans well, but if I'm always THE FIRST TO DIE (TM) I'm not really helping out my team very much while in game. I've either got to slow down, or increase my accuracy.

2. Root pretty much covered what the admins want.

I only want to add that I wish people would stop making PCS so complicated. It's not. It's a very simple philosphy of play that, when practiced, turns a worthless deathmatch into a tense tactical game.

Comment

No fair I can't give you any more +rep yet Mateo :(

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                            No fair I can't give you any more +rep yet Mateo :(
                            Give it to me then :D

Root
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I just did a couple minutes ago :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X