This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS Player Pack

I've enabled the skins through mani on the server and they will download to your comp when you connect but for the low bandwidth users here is a download link to get a head start.

Just copy the cstrike contents into your cstrike contents.

[IN TESTING]Terrorist Model Pack, Skins by darkelfa and model by valve. I recompiled them together for the purpose of use with mani skins.

Enjoy and the chickens should be working correctly too.
    Last edited by Vulcan; 10-24-2005, 09:08 PM.

- -

Re: CSS Player Pack

What exactly does these skins do?
    If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

You get to select your camo outfit for each map.

Comment

Cant say it appeals to me.

But i do want to play here so i guess i will dl it when i can play again.

And thanks for the quick answer and all beth.
        If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

the download is one time unless the skins change which they might, but i don't see how it could be that much of a problem when we host 10-15 custom maps. It's the information age of downloading.

Either way the models are very cool to have to add an element of interest for alot of players. More will come with it as well.

- -

Comment

np, but it might be more than that, all i ma familiar with is the player skins so far, and the chicken on italy.

Comment

Ok Vulcan Now I read this are you happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I do like the new skins their really cool and are going to confuse me now that cts and ts dont have a single skin anymore. Great Idea to put New skins on though I didnt like the blue Ct skin though he looks fruity

Comment

Vulcan, can you please take it off of the server download list, so those of us who don't want to use/nor be affected by it don't have to?

Thank you

Comment

Looks cool, but very annoying that I'm now shooting at my teammates and not shooting at the enemy. Could it possibly be an optional download as with 4 players its fine, but will it lag with 20 people using dif skins? One last thing, I deleted the player models but left the chicken model, will it redownload everytime I join the server now?

Comment

ok read this... and i seriously did not mean to shoot him, it wasn't till after he died that i read this...

Game started:
                    violentsquirrel : I bet theres gonna be alotta friendly fire problems with these new skins
                    RULE #3: You are REQUIRED to work as a team.
                    |TG|ڴabooya-{F.E.A.R} attacked a teammate
                    |TG|ڴabooya-{F.E.A.R} killed |TG| 9v with m4a1.
                    Teammate kills: 1 of 3
                    violentsquirrel : yeah
                    ¤TGS¤Max_Death : yep
                    |TG|ڴabooya-{F.E.A.R} : o crap
                    violentsquirrel : there ya go
                    |TG EXTREME|.143Beth : ahaha
                    ¤TGS¤Max_Death : lol
                    |TG|ڴabooya-{F.E.A.R} : o man
                    ¤TGS¤Max_Death : perfect timing!
                    |TG|ڴabooya-{F.E.A.R} : i though he wa t
                    |TG|ڴabooya-{F.E.A.R} : lol
                    |TG EXTREME|.143Beth : ahaha
                    violentsquirrel : thats for making my points
                    |TG|ڴabooya-{F.E.A.R} : oops
                    ¤TGS¤Max_Death : that was so perfect
                    |TG|ڴabooya-{F.E.A.R} : :(

The skins make it a bit hard to distinguish teams. Im not complaining *much* because it adds a whole new strategy to the game, but i think that there should be a way for some one to turn it off... Also I am unable to switch my skin when a new map is loaded. It is only when i am in the game and then i switch teams i can change my skin. It does allow me to pick a skin when i log on to server though.
                    So i guess it both a good and a bad...

Comment

We're not going to give players the option to turn this on or off, because we are enforcing consistancy. Everyone has to see the same thing.

Vulcan has invested considerable time and effort into player models (and a whole bunch of other aspects too) since the big meltdown. I'm sure he'll listen to feedback if models look too similar, and make further adjustments. We're not done yet - we have more ideas in the pipeline with regard to player models.

Mongoos - if you delete the models, yes they will download next time you connect.

Root
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                        We're not going to give players the option to turn this on or off, because we are enforcing consistancy. Everyone has to see the same thing.

Vulcan has invested considerable time and effort into player models (and a whole bunch of other aspects too) since the big meltdown. I'm sure he'll listen to feedback if models look too similar, and make further adjustments. We're not done yet - we have more ideas in the pipeline with regard to player models.

Mongoos - if you delete the models, yes they will download next time you connect.

Root
                        Does server 2 have these turned off?

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother
                          Does server 2 have these turned off?
                          Server 2 is currently unavailable, but yes, custom models are on both servers.

Root
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

A little communication would go a long way towards limiting the TKs. Just a thought.

Comment

Wouldn't it be more prudent if one server was to allow them, and the other not? It is a major change to the overall game and strategy. Major. I would think that some of the TG folk might not take kindly to this change after having been accustomed to playing with regular skins for such a long time. Just my 2 (well, 1 1/2) cents.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X