X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lately playing on TG.

Hey TG!

I'd like so say that I enjoy playing on your servers and by your rules, it really makes the game worth it! However, I'm taking this time to point out some items that I feel are unfair and REALLY need to be looked at (although I am not a supporting TG member I hope it will be taken seriously and not just given hypothetical situations in real life.. after all this is a GAME)

I have just completed reading asch's post and I have taken the time to read your rules and used patience to understand them, I have gone through them a second time now and here are my findings:

Since asch's post it seems like nothing has changed or has gone back to the way it was before asch was back. Please read on...

"The objective of crackjumping is to jump repeatedly and sporadically to avoid taking damage from fire. It has nothing to do with moving from one location to another."
    There have been numerous times when NON-TG have jumped over a guard rail, jumped down off of a box and even jumped down a flight of stairs to surprise an enemy. Guess what happened? They got repremanded and called a "crackjumper". Yet I see TG members do it and nothing is said and when someone points it out it is shrugged off or even ignored. Granted the obvious ones are being called which is muchly appreciated but I find a lot of over eager calls on this towards people not wearing the 'glorious' |TG| tag.

Another item that I have found contradicting is in regards to DE maps:
    In my opinion when a bomb is not planted T's have the offensive. When bomb is planted the roles are obviously switched as now the terrorists are defending. Also when the bomb is planted the CT's have a 50-50 chance of figuring out where it is. If the T's are camping in and around the bomb area they might as well suicide.
    It says in your rules as follows "This is not to say the defensive team must always camp right on the objective spots. To do that would be perdictable and easily defeatable. But there are enough places on all the maps we play on that you can shake things up and outsmart the enemy."

and then it says

"I have seen FAR too many people plant the bomb and then go running off trying to kill CTs."
    What does running off entale? Across the map to the other bombsite, well duh thats not right! Around the corner and in a hallway to surprise the enemy? NO! Again over eager calls are being made towards NON-TG in saying you should be camping the bomb making sure the CT's do not succeed in defusing when it clearly states that camping is predictable and easily defeatable. Now when the TG member does something like run off and hide by a door when the bomb is ticking away it gets ignored.

Before this gets too long as its already seemingly there, my last but not least complaint:
    "If you throw HE nades near hostages, or if you shoot blindly into a hostage area, do not be surprised if you are slayed or kicked."
    The blessed TG players are immune to this rule for some reason. I see blood on hosties all the time on office wether by bullets from a ct using them as meatshields to an HE or flash hitting them right in the head. (This also happens constantly on Havanah). I have spectated and watched TG members do this. They tell me its out of habbit or they 'forgot' or 'Its a silly rule, I see them on my radar'.

I am not about to go and make 40 hours of demos just to prove my point because not only is it a waste of time on my part but I dont want to subject you to watching it and wasting your time. I am sure that someone is thinking "We have SOPs for all your complaints". I didnt get results from my last attempt at pulling one of your SOPs. So that is why you find this post! Please uphold your community's integrity by taking responsibility as a community to inspect complaints like this and enforce these rules.

Again I say I really enjoy your servers but when these little mishaps happen, it gets my blood boiling and I get told to Calm Down.

Hopefully this post doesnt get tossed to the side like every other attempt from a non-TG. Thank you for your time!

theEggplant

Re: Lately playing on TG.

I myself am the same way I have played here a while and still love it but this seems to be happen and as most admins see I get mad fast and say stuff that shouldnt be said to everyone or I just complain about it. It does also seem these rules do not apply to |TG|.

Comment

No offense but just looking at your post count it speaks volumes to what you have to say. As to throwing flash grenades into hostage area, that is acceptable. He grenades is not as they kill. how many times have you shot someone only to see no damage done but blood on there helmet, i have done it frequently, its a bug. As for CT's using hostages as meatshields no matter who is around hostages you have to make best attempt to not shoot the hostages as killing hostages regardless of your team either T or CT is a failure on following your objective. Since i seem to be the first |TG| member to post a reply i hope you understand we have something called SOP's here. There is an actual thread to go to so you can become acquainted with how to bring up concerns, how to play here, and how to become a member. This is pretty easy to pm an admin with, yet here you are complaining. A list of admins is posted in the SOP forum, http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=30580.
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=55630

Please follow through with reading all of the SOP's and communicate the issue with an admin. Thanks and please post again, perhaps something more constructive and less whiny:P
      Tank: "What do you need, besides a miracle?"
      Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

I r pwnt in the facehole, u r teh winz0rz!

-Mom

Comment

I'm not about to pass judgement, but as long as I've been on the servers (admittadly not too long compared to others), I've seen and played with Eggplant. Notice his join date, and realise that some people (like me) played on the server for months before visiting the forums.

Yeah, doing this in the past hasn't garnered good results, and has usually ended with a lock, but if you read his whole post, he already mentioned the SOPS and rules, and stated that the results he got were non existant last time he tried that channel. While I would probably be more inclined to PM higher and higher up the rankings of Admin, getting all the way to Apophis before posting a thread, I believe, that there is something to be said for a message that all can read.

As I've read in some other threads here, eliminating individual problem admins/players/whatever does nothing long term, and solving issues by PM imo doesnt help public discussion of a problem, which is the only way to fix such general issues. Also, if an admin does decide to make a reply (beyond locking :-P ), people who read the reply who may have been the subjects of Eggplant's post might then at least begin to realise some things.

Comment

Originally posted by theEggplant
          There have been numerous times when NON-TG have jumped over a guard rail, jumped down off of a box and even jumped down a flight of stairs to surprise an enemy. Guess what happened? They got repremanded and called a "crackjumper". Yet I see TG members do it and nothing is said and when someone points it out it is shrugged off or even ignored.
          Please keep in mind that not everyone with TG tags is in an authoritative position to enforce rules. Of course, if the warning is identified as coming from an admin or console then you must listen.

Again over eager calls are being made towards NON-TG in saying you should be camping the bomb making sure the CT's do not succeed in defusing when it clearly states that camping is predictable and easily defeatable. Now when the TG member does something like run off and hide by a door when the bomb is ticking away it gets ignored.
          As soon you run off (to a better position tactically) and your teammates don't know what you are doing, they might worry that you are abandoning them to hunt down the remaining CTs. What you need to do is communicate with your team and tell them what you are doing. Using voice-comm to say "digging in behind these boxes" (or whatever) is the best way to do this. This will also help them adjust if you get taken out.

Hopefully this post doesnt get tossed to the side like every other attempt from a non-TG. Thank you for your time!
          I don't know what this refers to. Posts get tossed because of their content, not their author. You've demonstrated that you've read the required material and have some legitimate questions.

Comment

I'd like to reinforced the communications aspect as well.

With players that are well known for their excellent PCS ethic, the other players don't question them too often when they "run off" somewhere to cover a door or entry point or whatever. Even with little to no communication the other team mates instinctively know not too worry and that the player is probably doing something in the teams best interests and in the interests of the objective. I hope people feel this way with my game play anyway, they should know that they can count on me to watch their back and not run off looking for kills.

If I'm doing something extremely out of the ordinary that may be viewed as non-PCS I still over-communicate what my intentions are to my team so they don't think I'm pushing the rules and forgetting about them.

The working "Root endorsed" definition of Crackjumping in the SOP is plain to read and leaves little room for interpretation. You quoted it in your post.

Jumping on/off a box or down onto some stairs to fire is IMO perfectly acceptable. Repeated jumping to avoid damage from bullets is forbidden. Jumping into a doorway and squat planting myself to hold back an enemy advance is done by me almost every round on maps like Italy or Dust2. If you jump once out of surprise when confronted by an enemey thats understandable and a normal reaction for some people.
            Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
            Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Eggplant,

I've played with you a few times, and the thing i'm noticing is your not applying common sense to alot of the questions you ask. For example, you take a comment made by admins such as randomly spraying bullets and ask that question when someone kills you by firing at you. What makes you think that everytime someone is trying to kill you, that they are randomly firing bullets? If you have a target that you know is enemy, within the bounds of the objective you can take the shot. Randomly firing bullets without a target is what we don't allow.

TG vs everyone else? I don't think so, that just sounds like an attempt to make your point more profound without any solid backing. I surely kick anyone regardless of their tag if they aren't following the guidelines, as many know.

- -

Comment

Ok, Eggplant and Tibian have been around since....well, forever. Let's get that straight. You guys could participate a little more in the forums, don't you think?

I have just completed reading asch's post and I have taken the time to read your rules and used patience to understand them, I have gone through them a second time now and here are my findings:
                This is a good start. I highly recommend reading as a starting point.

Since asch's post it seems like nothing has changed or has gone back to the way it was before asch was back. Please read on...

"The objective of crackjumping is to jump repeatedly and sporadically to avoid taking damage from fire. It has nothing to do with moving from one location to another."
                There have been numerous times when NON-TG have jumped over a guard rail, jumped down off of a box and even jumped down a flight of stairs to surprise an enemy. Guess what happened? They got repremanded and called a "crackjumper". Yet I see TG members do it and nothing is said and when someone points it out it is shrugged off or even ignored. Granted the obvious ones are being called which is muchly appreciated but I find a lot of over eager calls on this towards people not wearing the 'glorious' |TG| tag.
                Good point. I wonder how calling Poe a crackjumper last night supports your position? He too was jumping off a box....meeting overeager calls with other overeager calls doesn't seem like a good method to fix this.

Since the rule, there have been some minor dust ups about this, but any OBVIOUS jumps to avoid getting shot at...those will be dealt with relatively quickly....very quickly if Root is on.

Then again, some people don't like getting owned, so they call "crackjumper" when the opposing player is in motion over a rail, down a box, etc....that's unacceptable as well.

Another item that I have found contradicting is in regards to DE maps:
                In my opinion when a bomb is not planted T's have the offensive. When bomb is planted the roles are obviously switched as now the terrorists are defending.
                Correct. Once the bomb is planted, the T's switch to defense.

Also when the bomb is planted the CT's have a 50-50 chance of figuring out where it is. If the T's are camping in and around the bomb area they might as well suicide.
                Whoa, eggplant, that's a big leap. All defending teams should camp the OBJECTIVE (here the planted bomb). That doesn't mean that you need to stay right on top of the bomb (althought it is a good idea to have at least 1 player do that to prevent a CT from flanking and defusing).

It says in your rules as follows "This is not to say the defensive team must always camp right on the objective spots. To do that would be perdictable and easily defeatable. But there are enough places on all the maps we play on that you can shake things up and outsmart the enemy."
                Surprise=good generally. For example, the odd incusion into the wine cellar or out long hall on cs_italy is a good surprise tactic, and can be a smart tactic to keep the CTs on there toes. Use sparringly.

and then it says

"I have seen FAR too many people plant the bomb and then go running off trying to kill CTs."
                What does running off entale? Across the map to the other bombsite, well duh thats not right!
                That's what asch is trying to get at. We have had alot of players that treat the bomb planting as a minor end, then go running around the map looking to pad their stats.

Around the corner and in a hallway to surprise the enemy? NO! Again over eager calls are being made towards NON-TG in saying you should be camping the bomb making sure the CT's do not succeed in defusing when it clearly states that camping is predictable and easily defeatable.
                Good point, but there are limits. On de_aaa, for example: how far form the bomb is reasonable? In the middle, in the shipping crate? Under the stairs of B? Then again, just sitting by the bomb can be a recipe for disaster. Three or 4 T's on A on that map can cover all routes to the bomb effectively from the bombsite, however.

Now when the TG member does something like run off and hide by a door when the bomb is ticking away it gets ignored.
                Since when is running off by a door forbidden?

"If you throw HE nades near hostages, or if you shoot blindly into a hostage area, do not be surprised if you are slayed or kicked."
                The blessed TG players are immune to this rule for some reason. I see blood on hosties all the time on office wether by bullets from a ct using them as meatshields to an HE or flash hitting them right in the head. (This also happens constantly on Havanah). I have spectated and watched TG members do this. They tell me its out of habbit or they 'forgot' or 'Its a silly rule, I see them on my radar'.
                Different admins respond different ways, but I routinely kick anyone that hrows a HE anywhere near a hostage, or otherwise kills a hostage. That's unacceptable. If you can't get a clear shot on a CT or T that is near the hostages, disengage, and wait for the shot.

I am sure that someone is thinking "We have SOPs for all your complaints". I didnt get results from my last attempt at pulling one of your SOPs. So that is why you find this post! Please uphold your community's integrity by taking responsibility as a community to inspect complaints like this and enforce these rules.
                We are doing our best. Right now, we are udner a bit of a shaledown: players that are not PCS material are getting weeded out, and we are working to achieve a better understanding of what PCS amongst the remaining players before we take the password off and reopen the server to the public.

Expect some hiccups along the way.

So yeah, everyone calm down, okay?
                Last edited by Mateo; 10-29-2005, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I didnt get results from my last attempt... So that is why you find this post! Please uphold your community's integrity by taking responsibility as a community to inspect complaints like this and enforce these rules.
                  We have a procedure for taking responsibility to inspect these complaints, and you've failed to accomodate it despite acknowledging that you've been told to. If this is a problem... if THESE ARE PROBLEMS, then admin PM inboxes should be overflowing with PMs from players. You guys should be getting notifications that you CAN'T SEND US PMs because our inboxes are FULL.

If and when -- and ONLY if and when -- admins don't give you the result you want/expect, Apophis' inbox should be FULL... if this is the problem of the scale you claim it to be.

I quote the SOP: At no point during the process do you start a public thread in the forums.

I quote the SOP because this thread is an admin complaint. You read the above-quoted Admin Complaint SOP, and then you blatantly disregarded it, justifying that violation with "boiling blood." I've just banned you for a week, as players with boiling blood, and/or players who can't follow our rules, should not be on our servers. If you want to follow our rules, and you can get your blood under control, in less than a week, PM me.
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X