No Boundaries? Tell me More!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Boundaries? Tell me More!

Last night we were playing the map Contra, I was on the Terrorist side and people kept rushing from behind and killing the whole team when we were trying to plant at A. Now I think thatís what made the Counter Terrorist win a lot of rounds in the end. I have no problem with this type of game play and never have, I think itís a great way to win at these maps being able to flank and take out a whole team from behind isnít a bad idea thatís how countries have been fighting battles for years. Okay this is the problem I have, I asked my team if people where aloud to rush from behind or the side they said yes as long as they had a reason. Well obviously the reason is to win the round, and kill a lot of Tís from behind. That game ended and we started playing Italy well since there are no boundaries I ran down Long hall when the CTís where getting the hostages to make sure that they wouldnít get to the extraction zone. Then after that game I have remarks like ďWhat were you doing way down there.Ē Or ďthere are no hosties down there Lucky.Ē The next round I ran down long hall when some one said some one was down there and I killed some one. Then people on my own team are telling me to come back? What the heck is going on? The last map Ctís are aloud to rape us, and then when we change the map to Italy its like where playing by different rules! Some one help me on the rules because I obviously donít get this new type of game play (No boundaries) that all of us where supposed to be playing from the beginning but now have just started taking advantage of.

Re: No Boundaries? Tell me More!

Separate your thoughts. Give the point of your thread (the main question/need) it's own paragraph.

Reading your post shouldn't be so difficult.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky15234
      Last night we were playing the map Contra, I was on the Terrorist side and people kept rushing from behind and killing the whole team when we were trying to plant at A. Now I think thatís what made the Counter Terrorist win a lot of rounds in the end. I have no problem with this type of game play and never have, I think itís a great way to win at these maps being able to flank and take out a whole team from behind isnít a bad idea thatís how countries have been fighting battles for years. Okay this is the problem I have, I asked my team if people where aloud to rush from behind or the side they said yes as long as they had a reason. Well obviously the reason is to win the round, and kill a lot of Tís from behind.
      The reason behind that is to defend the bomb sites.

If the CTs are executing a flank, with all the team, then I don't see an issue. I don't really like it, since you could actually defend bombsite A instead of stacking the team at B and scrambling to cover A when the T's have the good sense to avoid you, but that's just me.

There are no boundaries in PCS, only actions which support the objective.

That game ended and we started playing Italy well since there are no boundaries I ran down Long hall when the CTís where getting the hostages to make sure that they wouldnít get to the extraction zone. Then after that game I have remarks like ďWhat were you doing way down there.Ē Or ďthere are no hosties down there Lucky.Ē The next round I ran down long hall when some one said some one was down there and I killed some one. Then people on my own team are telling me to come back? What the heck is going on?
      Different game type.

CS rounds require the PCS player to take actions which support defending or rescuing the hostages. Anything other than that needs to be used very sparingly, and as part of a team based tactic.

For example, if you are getting owned every round by snipers at the end of long hall, three T's can position at the bottom and surprise the CT's when they set up, and then retreat back up the hall.

That's a good tactic, but realize that it exposes you to an attack from apartments and middle.

The last map Ctís are aloud to rape us, and then when we change the map to Italy its like where playing by different rules! Some one help me on the rules because I obviously donít get this new type of game play (No boundaries) that all of us where supposed to be playing from the beginning but now have just started taking advantage of.
      It's not a new type of game play. It's always been that way, we just used boundaries as a way of training players to support the objective on server 1.

Supporting the objective tends to enforce some boundaries: too far away from the hostages, and you are out of bounds, just as being too far from the bombsites is out of bounds for CT's of DE maps.

If you are getting "raped" on a map, slow down, and execute as a team.

Comment

Thanxs for not cutting me down Mateo and just answering my question. :)

Comment

Btw Lucky, I had no problems with you running to cover the middle on Italy. I was on the phone at the time, so I couldn't tell you that's what I wanted you to do. I was planning on stalling them from LH, and letting you flank them while I used myself as bait. Thankfully I just killed everyone and it didn't come to that ^^ However, the very next round you ran to the end of LH (which I still didn't have a problem with) but after killing the CT you proceeded to head into the market, that position is really of no value to the T's especially in the first minute of the round unless you plan on holding the position in force. That's why I personally told you to head back on voice comms. Other than that, I had no issue with your decisions, they were fine and kept the team's best interests in mind.

Comment

Well, i was playing last night as well, and yes, there is PCS, no boundries are not in real PCS, as long as players obey their objective, but PCS does NOT mean you are allowed to hunt for kills, im not giving out names, but there has been alot of kill hunting going on latly. Im believing alot of TGers STILL do NOT understand what real PCS is, they are just used to the PCS we try to teach to pubbers. Everyone, for gods sake, look over the SOPs, they are very enlightening, and will save EVERYONE alot of grief in the long run, Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky15234
              Thanxs for not cutting me down Mateo and just answering my question. :)
              Wyz didn't cut you down.

Aloud implies volume. Allowed implies something you're not restricted from doing.

Your post lacked paragraphing, and made it extremely hard to read.

You also appear to have one space after a full stop. Typing convention is that a space follows a comma, semi colon or colon, and 2 spaces follow a full stop. It all helps to make a post easier to read.

Reading between the lines in this thread, you don't appear to have been communicating with your team, and getting their approval to move down long hall.

You also appear to have forgotten (by entering the market on italy) that PCS is objective based. Boundaries or no boundaries, there are no hostages in the market and you KNOW your OBJECTIVE is to GUARD the HOSTAGES.

Root
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I have said it before and I will say it again: its easier to say boundaries than it is to say "semi-subjective-areas-of-intent-in-regards-to-the-objective".

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                  I have said it before and I will say it again: its easier to say boundaries than it is to say "semi-subjective-areas-of-intent-in-regards-to-the-objective".
                  Why not use the word "objective" in place of the word "boundaries"?

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

mmmm.... looking forward to the response to that question.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

me to, I wanna see

Comment

Tick tock Kark....let's hear it! :icon_bigg

Comment

I was playing R:TW >:-(

Fine, use objective tension if you want to. Guess what: whatever word we use to describe "semi-subjective-areas-of-intent-in-regards-to-the-objective" doesn't really matter to me, as long as its not too long. :-P The thing is, while boundaries has the conotation that there are invisible lines never to be questioned, and objective has a conotation that is more suited to TG, its an argument of pragmatism versus idealism. Last I was on (shut up :( ) whenever someone said something like "You're too far from the objective", the message didn't get across until they said "Okay, don't go down long hall, stay outside the apartments, don't go past the front of the cellar, and don't go past the middle box".

Of course, now that the number of new members is going to be drastically reduced, perhaps it will become a little closer to the ideal, and we can start saying "Stay near the objective" and let that be that. But again, it doesn't matter.

Lets just all agree on a single word that we can use, so that these kinds of threads don't ever get made again. ;)

Comment

I like the word OBJECTIVE . Has a nice TG ring to it, what about you Root, you Wyz??

Comment

Objective?

Pfft. Screw objective.

I just play these games to pad my stats.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X