No announcement yet.

My Spray...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Spray...

I have been trying, without luck, to make a transparent spray without having to buy Photoshop. I've looked at a million "spray making tutorials" and found that nothing works. I used Wally as well as a number of other programs. I am now turning to my last resort... If some kind soul is out there willing to help me, ill sent you the picture in an e-mail and you could fix the background to make it transparent and send it back. If you are willing to help please PM me with your e-mail address.

Re: My Spray...

Originally posted by catcherguy247
    If you are willing to help please PM me with your e-mail address.
    Any chance we can have responses posted here? I'm just thinking this may come up again, and it would be useful info to have in the forum.

BFCL TF2 league admin

Your right root... (YOUR SO SMART!) =)

Well, you could get PS CS2 for free, but we don't do that, and it is immoral. I'll PM you with details.

All I know is that you have to save the file in targa format. I'll figure out a way to do it, and reply here, unless someone posts a better faster response.

this might help fro now as a starting point, i'll get the whole process worked out soon.

Thanks Beth,
          Ive been pulling out tons of hair over this thanks alot.

this is the one that make sit the easisest

if you have a program that can make transparent images.

I'll make a detailed walkthrough asap

Legally too

I did it before, but i forgot how, can you post your proposed image, and ill try my best

this is harder than i thought. I did it before, but it no work now. too bad css doesn't support png. I have fireworks, but fireworks isn't comign through.

try this one too

.tga is definitaly the format, but to convert it presents a problem.
            I can't get the transparency to work correctly, but maybe i need to convert it twice or somethign.

lets collectivly search the all might google for an answer, i'll look first

here is a good how to for animated sprays

there also might be a specific color pattern like black/pink checker board to indicate trans[paency.

most of the high-end sprays seem to be vtf so far, i might need to look into that

i used my deductive logic to figure out that to make a transparent spray you must do 2 things
            #1. Have a program to convert files into .vtf format
            #2. FInd the color gray in these images

then you can upload the .vtf files into CS:S and use that color grey to make transparent stuff.
            step 2 for me find the color grey and the program.

i am trying to dl some good "dummy" sprays that i can find a good readme file attached.

transparent imgages in CSS are vtf for sure- prime example
            Last edited by .143 Beth©; 10-31-2005, 10:51 PM. Reason: ADDED INFO

vtf editor on csbanana

Here's the previous research I did on making CSS sprays:

Hope it helps. If not, hope you know how to google... :row__641:
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

I can't do it anymore. Me have no skillz
                  I have this cool spray though.
                  PCS ROCKS

I can post one that is editable to put whatever name you want on it if you would like.

that would be awesome beth. did you do that in PS??

You can email me the picture and i'll do it for you.

- -

Here is the "original" pic. I just want the background transparent. I did this with paint but thats as far as I can get with it.

Last edited by catcherguy247; 11-01-2005, 06:22 PM.

If you could enlarge it without making it blurred that would be awesome too.

i posted the pic but no replies so far, Beth I dont know how to email you the pic, it wont show me ur adress and i cant get a code to put it in the little email box.

To catcherguy--Let Vulcan do it(if he wants), he has the Skillz already. I have to aquire mine again.

Anyway I used fireworks to make my spray, I'll post a template soon.

Darn that was fast. Well, use these ,or just PM me with your PCS logo request and I'll make them for you. BTW, I Invented the logo you see here.
                              <--unflattened png template (most work required)
                              <--flattened jpg (Ready to spray)
                              <-- flattened jpg template (add your name via paint orother program)

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed