Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated Skin choosing

Here's and Idea...

Root, i read your sticky on the Skins, and I agree, you cant get rid of them due to popular demand.....but we can all discuss it and maybe come up with improvements on implementation.

Now what i propose might not actually be possible...but still, i am sure someone can code it in.

I like the new skins, and i like the fact we get to choose what matched the environment.

Most maps, have a look, and as such i think there will be one skin which matches the terrain. Now, if you could change skins during a round, it would be different, you could change it depending on where you were, but as you cant, you have to pick one and stick with it for at least that round.

My Suggestion:
    For Each Map in the current Rotation, lets open the discussion: Which Skin is best for this map. I think this is inkeeping with the PCS and community aspects of the game. If possible, i would like to see this implemented by having the map automatically put us in those skins for that map.

If people want to change once in the map...no problem, the facility is there. But for the start, we would be a real team.....i mean, you dont see a special forces team go in in multiple uniform styles do you..

What do you think??

Re: Automated Skin choosing

you can change skins for each round, just type settings in chat.

- -

Comment

I agree 100%, we could create a list of maps, then their corresponding camo patterns to match each one. This would be an excellent idea, and it would make the teams look more professional, cause less confusion, and simulate real world senarios better.
      The only problem would be that adding the map to the server would have a little more red tape added to it.
      I opt that if we do this, we decide for the skins of current maps in rotation, and then in the map suggestions tread we can also post with our map suggestion the corresponding skins.
      ex.
      I like this map, it is made for PCS stlye gameplay. The url is www.map.com. I would reccomend the camo patterns be. Armored Tactical-T, and Urban-CT.

Then the admin staff would do their thing to add the map and would review the camo pattern suggested.

I am sure if the collective community decides on camo patterns their might be small problems, but the admin staff could quickly resolve these problems and make an excellent choice to assign a uniform.

Comment

That's more work than needs to be done atm. What we're trying to do is keep it to 4 public skins per team and you choose what you wanna use. There are two skins that look very similar atm which we're going to rememdy (the urban ct and armored T). Doing by map would be a pita for coding and plus your talkin about alot of model downloads.

- -

Comment

No, I don't think you understand the whole point.
          There still would only be 4 skins;(whatever the admin team comes up with), but these basic colors:

CT:
          Stock
          Urban
          Desert
          Jungle

T:
          Stock
          Urban
          Desert
          Jungle

In fact, IMO these 4 proposed patterns would cover ALL the maps.

Each map would assign 1 of the 4 skins to all the team members at the begining, then after the first round the players would get to choose which one they want. I don't think they would change it anyway, because they would already be in the best one suited for that map.

Comment

It is a lot of coding, but whenever yall get around to it; it would make a great improvement to the realism of the game in ways that i have addressed in my first post.

Comment

Nicely put Beth.

I think the main thing for me as well, is that it is more 'realisitc' to all have the same skin on.

The 4 skins we have are excellent, (especially the desert CT.......which i would suggest now is automatically implemented in the Dust maps...), but all having different ones is crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkatronix
                What do you think??
                I think I told you we were already looking into doing this, probably during militia last night :)

Yes it would probably only require a few models, and we could even set it up using the models we currently have. That said, Vulcan is doing a lot of work with the server in general at the moment, and this is a nice to have, rather than a need to have.

I've seen a better desert skin, but Vulcan hasn't had time to look at it yet - the kevlar on the existing model is green, which kinda ruins the effect.

BTW - I think you mis-read my post Dunk. Popular demand is that we go back to using default skins only. :shudder:

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
                  BTW - I think you mis-read my post Dunk. Popular demand is that we go back to using default skins only. :shudder:

I think the only reason for this demand is the fact that most were shocked that they couldn't tell the diff. between CT and T. Lots of TK problems, but I haven't had any problems with this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                    I think the only reason for this demand is the fact that most were shocked that they couldn't tell the diff. between CT and T. Lots of TK problems
                    The main causes of this are : laziness, lack of communication, lack of radar use, prioritising kills before objective. The incidence of genuine accidents has been fairly low when I've been on the server.

Root
                    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Yes, the new skins should highten the sence of teamwork and alertness you need on the servers. not just aim and shoot when you see something; acutally identify the target as enemy or friendly and then go from there. it keeps you awake in the game because you get to kill Root when he looks 4 diffrent ways ;D.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                        it keeps you awake in the game because you get to kill Root when he looks 4 diffrent ways ;D.
                        Beautiful :)

Root
                        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

It certainly does make you watch more. I wouldn't say my problem was with the TK, but more so with hesitating before shooting....a few times where there were opponents slightly obscured...(and unclear on the radar) I hesitated and got shot...

As with Tactics, i still think the team needs decide on the same outfit for a round......its just more in the spirit of things.

Comment

You got shot and died but atleast you did it playing PCS. That's what it's all about. I'd rather get shot while next to my teammate rather than alone.

they can feel guilty for not protecting me then LOL

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkatronix
                              As with Tactics, i still think the team needs decide on the same outfit for a round......its just more in the spirit of things.
                              We're not going to enforce it, but yes, generally a very good idea.

Root
                              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...