Captains games = More players planning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captains games = More players planning

I was thinking and maybe we should really do a lot more captains games when we are one the servers but not just have 2 of the same captains like we normally do. Let other people get a chance to be the captain that way they can learn more on how to come up with a plan and really go for an objective.

When you guys make a plan don’t just say “go to B slow and plant the bomb” but instead come up with a plan in detail get every one involved those are how we win games. I have noticed that Ben likes to do this and I have also seen many others too but the fact of the matter is we all need to have a chance to come up with a strong plan and get every one doing something not just “Ok move slowly to B up the mid” instead we should sound like “Faust, Lucky, Poe go right and smoke the bomb site after that keep you eyes on the windows and when the time gets to 5:00 hop through windows and cover the site. Ben, Hazard, Superman, and Super Steve go up mid, Flash and smoke, and then advance to the left and meet up with Faust, Lucky, and Poe. R00t and I are going back side to bombsite B and will enter in at 4:00” So many times we don’t do it but when we come up with good plans like this example we tend to do a very good job.

So the point I am trying to make is that the more captians games we have where every one on each team gets a chance to be a captain and make the calls will get every one learning about the PCS style that we play more to an understanding and not give r00t a nervous break down because we don’t come up with plans. We have to do this when we play or else nothing is going to change.

Re: Captains games = More players planning

We don't need more captains games right now. What we need is for people to turn up to the planned captains games.

I look forward to seeing you taking command of your team in normal games Lucky. It would be great to see another player issuing sensible plans.

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
      It would be great to see a player issuing plans.
      Fixed that for you. :icon16:

Comment

Hey, not to sound to big-headed, but when I play on maps that I am familiar with, I take charge, organize players, I make some pretty good plans. Don't forget ab out me.

Comment

I must admit... I much prefer the rounds where someone takes control. I am not the best at coming up with decent plans. But when someone instructs me to do something...i will follow it to the letter.....or die trying (which is usually the case :) ).

Comment

Im sorry beth I didnt mean to leave you out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkatronix
              I must admit... I much prefer the rounds where someone takes control. I am not the best at coming up with decent plans. But when someone instructs me to do something...i will follow it to the letter.....or die trying (which is usually the case :) ).
              My point and I guess goal is to get you to come up with a good detailed plan, not all plans are the best but if you are making an effort to help your team reach the same goal I think you will eventually get really good at makeing plans and in turn will lead you team into victory!

Comment

While it is a good idea to allow everyone the option of being team leader, I believe that some people are not in that frame of mind. Everyone should always be given the option and chance to lead the team but people should not be forced to or pressured by anyone to be the team leader. Some people feel that they can lead and help the team, some people feel they can follow and help the team. Both are equally important for a successfull operation.
                The most important thing to work on for both leaders and operators is open communication. Clear a room and state it's clear, see enemies and state what you see. The game is enhanced greatly when people use short concise commands and "intelligence" reports of what they are witnessing and doing.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

Lucky - FYI, you can edit your posts if you have more to add. I've seen a number of double-tap posts from you, so I wasn't sure if you were aware of this feature?

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I dont think everyone would make a good captain. I know i dont. I'm not a planning person, I'll do what the team tells me to do. But my plans are at their best... Dumb.

So I'm one of those people Ben is talking about.

Also there's a lot of I's in this post.
                    If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Whats wrong with I's?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                        While it is a good idea to allow everyone the option of being team leader, I believe that some people are not in that frame of mind. Everyone should always be given the option and chance to lead the team but people should not be forced to or pressured by anyone to be the team leader. Some people feel that they can lead and help the team, some people feel they can follow and help the team. Both are equally important for a successfull operation.
                        The most important thing to work on for both leaders and operators is open communication. Clear a room and state it's clear, see enemies and state what you see. The game is enhanced greatly when people use short concise commands and "intelligence" reports of what they are witnessing and doing.
                        I'm usually not the first to volunteer just because I hate making a plan that fails miserably, and my ideas for plans are often hard to explain in any short amount of time :P (so I either cut them down, or make people sit in spawn until I need to shave again).

And Ben - let me publically say that you did an amazing job leading on cs_office_extended the other day. You led with plans, great ones, you rallied people to the point of everyone calling clear/hot areas, etc. Suffice to say it was a short map (unfortunately :P ), and not in the Ts favor. Ben, you do an astounding job. Keep it up. It improves the game for everyone (except maybe for the opposition when they cannot hold their enemy back), and also lifts other people to a higher PCS point. We even had a server-newbie playing along.

Comment

Yeah, what poe said

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse