Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What constitutes PCS? When to slay or slap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What constitutes PCS? When to slay or slap?

I would like to have an open discussion on a few points. (Just to check though…..is this kind of stuff open for discussion, or is it just decided by the powers that be??)

1. Auto Slay Terrorists end of round for failing their objective.

What is the objective? Just because you were the last man standing and there were 5CT’s left, is it an achievable goal to plant or to rescue the hostages??
    Should the objective focus move slightly…take out as many CT’s as possible in order to deny them their guns next round?

Is the objective just per round based? Or the bigger scope…….the whole 9 rounds?

As the last CT on a bomb sight…..would following the objective be to shoot from a distance…effectively pinning down the T’s, so when the Bomb goes off they are all in range and again loose funds etc.

By effectively going on a suicide mission into a protected bomb site of 5 T’s, are you not going against the larger objective……(now this maybe an extreme case, as I am all in agreement at trying your hardest to go for the defuse…my question is, does it deserve an automatic slay??)

2. ‘Slapping’ players for making (stupid;)) mistakes

If, for example a player were to throw a grenade, or flash bang which resulted in some of his team being killed. Is it constitutional to PCS to ‘slap’ the player? Should a mistake be treated with punishment? Is the loss of life to other teammates not sufficient punishment ot the team, and hence the failing of the objective is not met??

Dunk.

Re: What constitutes PCS?? - Slaying and Slapping?

IBTTL!

PCS requires you work as a team to achieve the objective. Since we don't host any mods, there are two objectives: hostages or bombsites.

CTs are required to rescue the hostages, or protect the bombsites, or die trying.

T's are required to plant the bomb, or defend the hostages, or die trying.

I don't get the confusion here. If your whole team was dumb enough to die....well, that's tough, but not insurmountable.

I remember one round, J3wish Ninja was the last CT standing against 4 T's on a DE map. With 4 minutes to go and armed with a scout, he waited the CT's out, picking them off one by one. CT's won.

It's not certain that you will die, unless you are an admin named Mateo. Play the round out.

As for slapping, it's generally done for something boneheaded that someone does, to get their attention. Most players straighten up and check their fire after that.

There is no written constitution on this, nor will there be. The admins have a bunch of tools at their disposal, and use them as they see fit.

Just be glad you weren't set on fire. :icon25:

Comment

Can we set people on fire?? That sounds like fun, do something to get set on fire then go running around as a distraction :) .

But like Mateo said, Ts and CTs have their objective to follow whether or not the rest of their team is alive or dead. I have seen many rounds with 1 on 5 or 1 on 6 and the 1 has won, while completing the objective. As long as you have patience then you can win in a 1 on __ situation many times. Smokes and flashbangs become your friend when you are the last one left, they can provide distractions and can also provide you the extra little advantage to hold the other team off just long enough for the bomb to blow up or for you to finish rescuing the hostages.

Comment

What I know is that you should go for the objective at all cost. And I feel that it can be done as well what you have to do is lets say for example their are 5 T's garuding a bomb site and you are the only ct left alive, your main objective is to defuse that bomb now whether that means to rush and kill all 5 T's by your self or flash and grnade to make them come away from the site is up to you as long as you can say in the end I Tried.

I do not belive in Slaying a whole team or Slapping because an objective was not compleated the way an Admin wanted it. I do belive that if some one is talking then you should listen, if someone else has an idea and you dont agree with it quickly explain your thoughts or dont say anything and try it. This is where i think slaying and slapping come into play. If a team is not listing on purpose then they are not playing PCS and should be slayed or slapped I would personally kick them my self :).

What I think you are trying to state here Dunk and tell me if im wron is that maybe some Admins get to happy with this privledge? Like I said I dont think any of these thing should be used at all and if they do it should be an absolute last reasort. I do think some times Admins do get carried away thought with their powers but in turn they are doing what they feel is right. Sometimes I think thats our jobs to ask admins if what they did was really the right thing to do. but dont be a smart azz about it after all their the Admin!

I hope I didnt go to far off topic and I hope this helps Dunk :)

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
          Can we set people on fire??
          We've disabled some of these things, but you can do all sorts of things to a player that is acting up with mani mod: set players on fire, change their color, cause them to glow, take their money away.....

Comment

Setting people on fire just sounds like fun.

Comment

I have seen many rounds with 1 on 5 or 1 on 6 and the 1 has won, while completing the objective.
              Phantom, I told you you dont have to use me as an example for your posts! :) LOL

Comment

What?? You being one of the 6??

Comment

LOL you know better, me being that one!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lucky15234
                    I do not belive in Slaying a whole team or Slapping because an objective was not compleated the way an Admin wanted it.
                    I've slayed all CTs, all Ts, and all CT's and T's on games where there is no PCS play at all: no teamwork, no planning, no communication, no plan.....the players that aren't PCS generally leave, and then we can get down to a real game.

This is where i think slaying and slapping come into play. If a team is not listing on purpose then they are not playing PCS and should be slayed or slapped I would personally kick them my self :).
                    And then you'd be called an abusive admin. You just can't win. :icon19:

What I think you are trying to state here Dunk and tell me if im wron is that maybe some Admins get to happy with this privledge?
                    Would it help any if I said "I'm slaying with a heavy heart?"

Like I said I dont think any of these thing should be used at all and if they do it should be an absolute last reasort.
                    They generally are.

I do think some times Admins do get carried away thought with their powers but in turn they are doing what they feel is right.
                    When I first started here, I didn't know PCS from a hole in the head. And I've had my share of personality conflicts with PCS players and admins as well. Over time, I've realized that PCS is not obscure, difficult, or unusual: it's the only way to play.

Shame on the admins for enforcing PCS play!

Sometimes I think thats our jobs to ask admins if what they did was really the right thing to do. but dont be a smart azz about it after all their the Admin!
                    Use the search function before you do. Someone has probably already asked the question.

Comment

Thanks Guys.

I agree, dont abandon the objective.

There has been some suggestions of having an 'auto slay' for the T's if they fail in planting, or auto slay for CT's if they cant defuse.

But what if the person tried their hardest to reach the objective......is a blanket rule...you loose you get slayed... appropriate?

Comment

Setting people on fire just sounds like fun.
                        It is. It's a really nice effect too, like the bolt of lightning that strikes when someone is slayed. Not sure if it's still active or not.

Comment

Yeah just imagine, setting Mateo on fire and sending him running into a bombsite as a distraction. That would just be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkatronix
                            But what if the person tried their hardest to reach the objective......is a blanket rule...you loose you get slayed... appropriate?
                            Well, if you can't plant or rescue for some reason, you generally are dead anyway. What difference is it if the admin pulls the plug or the other side?

Comment

Yeah just imagine, setting Mateo on fire and sending him running into a bombsite as a distraction. That would just be awesome.
                              It'd be a short distraction: I'm always the FIRST TO DIE(TM).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X