We NEED a Tourny

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We NEED a Tourny

Why not select the captains and have them draft players from a pool?

Comment

I like the idea of drafting, if not I would always be picked last. Oh wait, drafting is something that focuses on picking good teams. Darn, well I'll be keeping the bench warm for you guys.

Hmmm.... Maybe I will start my own team...

Can I have an EXTREEEEEME team this year. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.
      Anyway, I copywright EXTREME as a team name, see.
      EXTREME©2005 CTRL, A Division of .143Beth Enterprises<--Look, it is now mine.

So when tourny time comes around prepared to be EXTREEEEEEEME©2005 CTRL, A Division of .143Beth Enterprises!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
        Sounds good Mateo, I think we are the last two Dyslexics left. But we can take a whole team so no worries.
        Hey I'm still around thank you very much..... and if you need me let me know in pm. My homepage is TG homepage so I will get the message.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
          it would be fantastic if the tourney admins could try and deter teamstacking.
          Not gonna happen. Once we decide who can form teams, they'll be free to recruit within the guidlines we set. If a PCS player wants to stack their team with other PCS players, that's perfectly fine. If they want to include players who aren't yet at the standard of PCS, that's fine too. We run a tourny, it's for PCS players, not the large number of people who treat this place as their DM clan server.

Originally posted by Karkianman101
          Anyway, I have a gut feeling that no time soon is good for a tourney. Maybe in a couple-few months, but not right now.
          The general standard on server 1 is that of people who don't give a damn about PCS. Sure there have been some good games, but if you're a member of TG, you should be playing to the letter AND the spirit of PCS at all times.

Root
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

And imo we don't need the distraction of a tournemant until we have the normal gameplay (back) under control.

Comment

I feel that a tourny will add some good old fashion fun and challenge to the TG environment. I don't think it will hurt anyone and I feel that the majority of players on the server are fairly solid team players. AGAIN, i feel that only a small minority are DM fragmonkeys and the majority are solid players that want to play as a unit. We are not a bunch of droids that all act the same and have the same life and goals and comm skills and habits and play styles. Each player is an individual that needs to use his own skills and style to help the team complete the objective.

The majority of players here are ready for a tourny, they want a tourny and there should be a tourny. Not in a few months as someone suggested, but in a few weeks if possible. We have witnessed unrelenting complaining and demands for perfection for the past 3 months. People get the point already and have shifted gears to the TG style of play. For the few who have not, by now, understood the value of objective based team play, just ban them. The whole boat should not sink over a few immature individuals.
              In a nutshell, let's set up a tourny, pick captains, set maps, set games and do it. I am sure we can each think of 5 players in our mind that are solid players and this total should equal enough players to have a heck of a good time.

All I ask for is communication

Comment

It's not that easy Ben. Trust me, we are working on getting a Tournament ready but it is no simple task. So please be patient, when we are ready and when the community is ready there will be a tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                  I feel that a tourny will add some good old fashion fun and challenge to the TG environment.
                  Yes it will

Originally posted by Ben
                  I feel that the majority of players on the server are fairly solid team players. AGAIN, i feel that only a small minority are DM fragmonkeys and the majority are solid players that want to play as a unit.
                  I pick answer B - False.

Originally posted by Ben
                  We are not a bunch of droids that all act the same and have the same life and goals and comm skills and habits and play styles. Each player is an individual that needs to use his own skills and style to help the team complete the objective.
                  We have never asked for droids, although if anyone wants to build me a real R2D2, they'll certainly get some +rep from me each week.

What we have at the moment are a small (and getting smaller) group of people who try and play PCS based on the SOP forum, the CS forums, admin messages in-game, and occasionally PM's to admins. The bulk of players can't come up with a plan in 70 seconds of freezetime, don't tell their team mates where they're going, don't listen, don't care and then expect the server to be admin'd in a way that pleases them.

Originally posted by Ben
                  The majority of players here are ready for a tourny, they want a tourny and there should be a tourny. Not in a few months as someone suggested, but in a few weeks if possible.
                  They might be ready for a tourny, but not a PCS tourny. There shouldn't (and won't) be a PCS tourny simply based on popular demand. We also need sufficient PCS players to fill the slots on all the teams. We don't have that, so it's a bit pointless running an event. When an event does get organised, the admins will be taking a close look at team rosters, and should the need arise, we will prevent any member taking part who we feel isn't suited to PCS.

Originally posted by Ben
                  We have witnessed unrelenting complaining and demands for perfection for the past 3 months. People get the point already and have shifted gears to the TG style of play.
                  Wrong. We have witnessed demands for PCS gameplay. People generally don't get it, or don't want to get it. <removes admin hat>Speaking as someone who enjoys playing PCS on our servers, I'd like to invite those people to sod off.<puts hat back on>

Originally posted by Ben
                  The whole boat should not sink over a few immature individuals.
                  Again, it's the few individuals who are keeping the boat afloat right now.

Originally posted by Ben
                  I am sure we can each think of 5 players in our mind that are solid players
                  And here we come to the crux of the problem. One of the non-negotiable criteria for being invited to join the admin team, is that the player in question must know, understand, subscribe to, PCS. We then get a whole bunch of new people telling us (the admins) that this player or that player is PCS material.

I couldn't personally name enough PCS players to fill all the slots on 6 teams. Take the real life into account, and even more slots will need filling.

Root
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Does it have to be six teams?

Why not give a small tourny for the few people you do think are PCS enough? Unless its to much work/hassle or just not worth it.

I wouldnt mind if you locked the server for them to do this.
                    If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Team Darwin is still around? Ha!

Anyways, just make sure you've got a person on each team who can come up with awsome plans like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamevil
                        Does it have to be six teams?
                        Yeah, I think it does. 6 x 6 man teams gives a nice, longish Double Elimination Tournament, if we go by Tempus' last tourney as a format.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                          Team Darwin is still around? Ha!

Anyways, just make sure you've got a person on each team who can come up with awsome plans like I do.
                          Dude, your plans take 3 minutes to explain, and get fubared 30 seconds after that.

Now what a team really needs is someone who can volunteer to be the First To Die (tm)!

Comment

Originally posted by Xen
                            Hey I'm still around thank you very much..... and if you need me let me know in pm. My homepage is TG homepage so I will get the message.
                            Xen! Where you been!

Yeah, Team Dyslexics still needs you, if you want to stick with us. We aren't much better than before, but we die less quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              Dude, your plans take 3 minutes to explain, and get fubared 30 seconds after that.
                              I'm glad I just got my future volunteer "opposing-team lead depository."

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                                Yeah, I think it does. 6 x 6 man teams gives a nice, longish Double Elimination Tournament, if we go by Tempus' last tourney as a format.
                                My complaint about the last tourney was that we didn't get to face all the teams and play on all the maps. The tourney we had early in the year (when I started coming here) seemed pretty nifty to me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X